Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Baltimore Ravens vs. Oakland Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we tackled bad at all. I thought Ed Reed tackled HORRIBLY, but other than that, our team tackling was very good I thought.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
LOL, c'mon.

The Ravens were up by 24 when they called the fake. Kicking the field goal turns a 3 possession game into a 4 possession game. Going for it still risks it being 3. Practically, there wasn't a good enough reason to do it.
Yeah, I mean the whole fake FG thing wasn't really needed. We seem to like to use a lot of our trick plays and such when games are out of hand. Harbaugh will say that it's because it's an opportunity to practice those plays in game situations, but to me the fact that we never do that sort of stuff when games are close says that those plays are just an opportunity to have some fun and do something different. I mean, even if the other team will have every right to think Harbaugh is a POS for pulling that, who cares? Sam Freaking Koch scored a touchdown!

But hey, if our biggest problem from a game was that we ran up the score, it's a pretty damn good day all around.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
LOL, c'mon.

The Ravens were up by 24 when they called the fake. Kicking the field goal turns a 3 possession game into a 4 possession game. Going for it still risks it being 3. Practically, there wasn't a good enough reason to do it.
Yeah, I mean the whole fake FG thing wasn't really needed. We seem to like to use a lot of our trick plays and such when games are out of hand. Harbaugh will say that it's because it's an opportunity to practice those plays in game situations, but to me the fact that we never do that sort of stuff when games are close says that those plays are just an opportunity to have some fun and do something different. I mean, even if the other team will have every right to think Harbaugh is a POS for pulling that, who cares? Sam Freaking Koch scored a touchdown!

But hey, if our biggest problem from a game was that we ran up the score, it's a pretty damn good day all around.

After the way Houston ran it up on us and the way the media talked about how we had been looking this year i hope we run it up on everybody we can. They have us ranked as low as 10th in some power polls with the third best record in the league #foh. I know it doesn't mean much but watch how the bandwagon expands after this week. Plus the fact that Flacco and most of the regulars didn't even play the entire fourth quarter I think we showed a lot of restraint, this is big boy football if they don't like it they should do something about it. Where Im from if we don't like we do something
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Quote:
Flacco - He looked a lot better today than he has in recent weeks. There were a couple of throws that reminded you he is Joe Flacco (yeah I use that line a lot) but overall I was happy with his performance. Having a good day going into the Pittsburgh game is important too in my opinion.

You would think based on this writeup that he was just solid. Flacco looked great today. He certainly needs to translate that to the road, but to ack like he was anything less than VERY good is ridiculous IMO.

I wasn't trying to imply that he didn't look great. Just late-night semantics lol.

No worries man.

Honestly I'm bored in a hotel room (work travel) and kind of surprised by the lack of discussion in here. It was the raiders, but still. Most points by any team this season and most in franchise history is a pretty big deal.

sp6488 wrote:
By the way, has anyone noticed the inverse relationship between how well the Ravens play and thread length? Laughing

Both of these points are true, but it's just what kind of debate does winning truly offer? Especially a win where we decimate a poor team. I think it's surprising, yes. I don't think anyone expected us to actually blow a team out... we usually aren't that type of team where we can put together consistent offensive production. Sure it says something about us, but it also says something about just how bad the Raiders were yesterday playing with a depleted secondary and no talented option at running back. They were a one dimensional offense and a no-dimensional defense.

This game was very much like the St. Louis Rams game from last season, only this time around we have Jacoby Jones that offers us more explosive ability, a lesser defenses that gives our offense the "excuse" to not pack it in too early, and an offense that has had time for the weapons to gell a little better together. As opposed to Flacco going 1/8 on his deep ball targets to Torrey Smith (made up stat), he goes 1/3 (again made up stat).

So it was a nice game and perhaps I'd be a little more excited about it, if this was just a testament to how awesome we truly are, but this team still has a lot left to prove... and there is no bigger game in terms of proving themselves than @Pittsburgh come next week.

If we take care of business there, we put ourselves on track to finishing at 13-3 on the season. We'll still have a tough road, but hoping the Texans trip up a few games and we keep winning is our only hope for HFA throughout the playoffs.

The Raiders game was always a game we should've won. We won big and that's surprising, but it's not shocking that we handled business. How we play on the road against a legit team is where the true debate lies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's becoming quite apparent that Harbaugh likes to use trick plays to run up the score when we are up big. He did it against Miami, and now against Oakland.

The only thing I can say is that he better not complain when it's done to us, that's all. Other than that I thought it was awesome, to be honest.

However, enough about Oakland:

IT'S ON TO PITTSBURGH NOW!

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Steelers already 3.5 point favorites and they haven't even played this week yet. I can't freakin wait.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Laughing Steelers already 3.5 point favorites and they haven't even played this week yet. I can't freakin wait.

3.5 favorites against us? How do they figure...?

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

It's heavily based on public perception.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Well I hope the public is in for a shock.

sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Well I hope the public is in for a shock.

Pretty close to a pickem considering that oddsmakers generally figure -3 for the home team off the bat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean Pees is officially the most idiotic DC in the league, I think...

via ProFootballFocus:
The Ravens moved rookie Courtney Upshaw all around on defense but he struggled to have any impact on the Raiders running game when they lined him up at defensive tackle

GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

via ProFootballFocus:
The Ravens moved rookie Courtney Upshaw all around on defense but he struggled to have any impact on the Raiders running game when they lined him up at defensive tackle

What the crapping jesuscakes, did this actually happen?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it did. There was an article this week talking about them moving Upshaw to DT for some sets during practice but I never thought anything would come out of it. In obvious passing situations it might not be a bad concept but against the run? LOL. I like Upshaw but I don't think he's going to have much success doing that.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I believe it did. There was an article this week talking about them moving Upshaw to DT for some sets during practice but I never thought anything would come out of it. In obvious passing situations it might not be a bad concept but against the run? LOL. I like Upshaw but I don't think he's going to have much success doing that.

Pees has done a similar thing with Jameel McClain earlier in the season, lining him up at DE during passing downs and letting him (attempt to) rush the passer. I'm just going to say that Jameel McClain has zero sacks, and there's a reason for that.

But I mean, at least we know that it's pretty set-in-stone that Pees has no idea what he's doing, right?!

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

via ProFootballFocus:

Question though -- not that I agree with putting Upshaw at DT by any means, but aren't you clamoring each week for our coordinators to be more "creative"? Do you not think that maybe Pees was trying all sorts of different formations to get a feel for what creative schemes/lineups he can use and see how it works in a game situation?

Just curious as it seems, at least to me, to somewhat contradict what you are yelling for each week that our offense/defense sucks. I feel like Pees may have just been experimenting some different things, and instead of thinking "Hey, he's trying to be creative" you say he's a gigantic idiot. Doesn't quite make sense to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: