Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: Buffalo Bills (3-5) @ New England Patriots (5-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Do we have to worry about the LB corps now, or was this game an aberration? Because I really don't want to think there are major deficiencies in the front-7 now, on top of the mess in the secondary. Crying or Very sad

On one side, this was a particularly good pair of running backs.

On the other side, the Patriots have gotten worse against the run since Chung has been hurt. This is the third straight game with over 100 yards allowed, after three straight games with less than 100 yards allowed.

I am starting to think the ideal lineup is nickle coverage with Chung and Wilson at safety, and Dennard, McCourty, and Talib at CB.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
According to @amaliebenjamin, Ryan Fitzpatrick used the word "punk" when talking about Brandon Spikes at the podium.

http://twitter.com/GregABedard/statuses/267748896686612480
Spikes didn't exactly endear himself.
And aside from a PD and a FF, he had a miserable game, just like all the Pats' LBs.

So now that its over... who actually "showed up" today? The defense as a unit was terrible. Brady was bad. Welker dropped two balls. Ridley?

Brady wasn't bad. Woodhead and Ridley were fine.

The entire defense was awful with only Wilfork, Cunningham and Arrington being acceptable.

McCourty had a good game as well.

I can't wait to see what Talib can do.

Also, the reason we quicksnapped on that first and goal was because BOTH Kyle Williams and Dareus were out of the game.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:

Also, the reason we quicksnapped on that first and goal was because BOTH Kyle Williams and Dareus were out of the game.

Doesn't change the fact that it was an idiotic decision given the situation.
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Then it seems like the best thing to do would be to run right down the middle, not the outside play they attempted, if I remember correctly.

I don't think the quick snap was a terrible choice, because that just about ends it right there if you get it. People complain about Belichick playing to not lose as opposed to playing to win, and he definitely went for the win there.
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory serves, according to the announcers, it was Kyle Williams that blew up the quick snap play, so either they were wrong or he was on the field... I'll have to fire up the replay when I get a chance...
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Then it seems like the best thing to do would be to run right down the middle, not the outside play they attempted, if I remember correctly.

I don't think the quick snap was a terrible choice, because that just about ends it right there if you get it. People complain about Belichick playing to not lose as opposed to playing to win, and he definitely went for the win there.

The advantage from quick snap vs. running the same play after running 35 seconds off the clock IMO doesn't outweigh the advantage of running that time off (or forcing the Bills to use a time out).

1st and goal from the 2 against the worst run defense in the league (yes, they were playing somewhat decently) - you shouldn't need gimmicks and trickery to convert that. And if you can't, you can still bleed the clock and make Buffalo use their TO's.

Lost in the whole discussion of that sequence is Ridley's idiotic false start on the next play which not only hurt their chances of a TD but stopped the clock. Just an inexcusable and sloppy penalty for a team which is (most years, but not this year) a top situational team.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Do we have to worry about the LB corps now, or was this game an aberration? Because I really don't want to think there are major deficiencies in the front-7 now, on top of the mess in the secondary. Crying or Very sad

On one side, this was a particularly good pair of running backs.

On the other side, the Patriots have gotten worse against the run since Chung has been hurt. This is the third straight game with over 100 yards allowed, after three straight games with less than 100 yards allowed.

I am starting to think the ideal lineup is nickle coverage with Chung and Wilson at safety, and Dennard, McCourty, and Talib at CB.

Gregory was an embarrassment today. I expect him to be bad, because he's a bad player, but today's performance in the running game was beyond abysmal. Bad angles, sloppy tackling, over pursuing.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
If memory serves, according to the announcers, it was Kyle Williams that blew up the quick snap play, so either they were wrong or he was on the field... I'll have to fire up the replay when I get a chance...

I might be thinking about the play before then, but I was sitting on the Bills sideline and I remember Williams and Dareus both being out. It shocked me.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:

I might be thinking about the play before then, but I was sitting on the Bills sideline and I remember Williams and Dareus both being out. It shocked me.

Yup checked this. It was just on this drive in general, before that play, when both Williams and Dareus were out.

Iggles wrote:

Richter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:

Yup checked this. It was just on this drive in general, before that play, when both Williams and Dareus were out.

So Williams was in, then? Makes that quick snap even dumber in retrospect.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:

So Williams was in, then? Makes that quick snap even dumber in retrospect.

Yeah.

I don't think he had NEARLY the game that PFF said he had though. Williams was still out for a good bit of that last drive (along with Dareus.) Just not that particular play.

I still find him overrated.

Iggles wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

Jump to: