Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Next Head Coach candidates?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
buno67 wrote:
captin midnight wrote:
Has anyone considered Bill O'Brien. What he's done at Penn State this year is impressive and he's got all the experience you would want. He may not leave because he has too much integrity to leave on his players. But, everyone is saying he is drawing major interest from the the NFL.

i dont want to try another coach from the Bill Belichick coaching tree...we have tried twice and they have been both fails!!!

Both were defensive guys though, O'Brien is an offensive guy. We seen that McDaniels offense translate with Kyle Orton of all people and O'Brien uses the same concepts

did we really see McDaniels offense translate to his own HC position. He won his first 6 games in Denver than went 5-17 and i doubt it was all on the fault of his defense. Also McDaniels offense first year ranked 20 in pts and 15 in yards and second year 19 in points and 13 in yards. So his offensives were decent moving the ball but they struggled to gain yards.

i dont like McDaniels as a HC. I dont like anyone from the Pats as the HC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any truth to Jimmy Haslam being close with Nick Saban? I've heard this a few times but cannot find anything about their paths crossing professionally. I am on the fence with Saban as he is my 2nd favorite college coach and an obvious leader and I think he can do great things in the NFL but it didn't go well the last time.

Only thing that really sours me is what happened in Miami. For him to just up and leave like he did was crummy, not to mention it was to go to a huge rival of the team he used to coach. Just kind of irks me.

Not to mention I don't know how he'd fair again in the NFL.

Yes he's a good coach, but it also helps when you can just recruit elite talent every year rather than using a draft and FA.

I remember when the whole Saban thing went down with Miami/Alabama. I mean, the dude just told lie after lie. He publicly stated that he wouldn't leave LSU to go to the Dolphins. Less than 2 weeks later, he left. He publicly stated that he wouldn't leave the Dolphins to go to Alabama. Less than a week after the season ended, he was gone.

Nobody's perfect, but how could anyone in the NFL trust this guy? I know I wouldn't. For a brief trip down memory lane, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LNA4eiqw4s

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:
buno67 wrote:
captin midnight wrote:
Has anyone considered Bill O'Brien. What he's done at Penn State this year is impressive and he's got all the experience you would want. He may not leave because he has too much integrity to leave on his players. But, everyone is saying he is drawing major interest from the the NFL.

i dont want to try another coach from the Bill Belichick coaching tree...we have tried twice and they have been both fails!!!

Both were defensive guys though, O'Brien is an offensive guy. We seen that McDaniels offense translate with Kyle Orton of all people and O'Brien uses the same concepts

did we really see McDaniels offense translate to his own HC position. He won his first 6 games in Denver than went 5-17 and i doubt it was all on the fault of his defense. Also McDaniels offense first year ranked 20 in pts and 15 in yards and second year 19 in points and 13 in yards. So his offensives were decent moving the ball but they struggled to gain yards.

i dont like McDaniels as a HC. I dont like anyone from the Pats as the HC.

Wasn't he also the OC who replaced Shurmur in St. Louis?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me Gus Bradley is taking an early lead. He would be my favorite as of today if I had the power to pick our next head coach.

He is a great young football mind who absurbs new stuff every day. His ability to take others knowledge and use it for his own is what I like about him best. It is one of the reasons why he has one of the most innovative defenses in the NFL. He has his own defensive beliefs but takes Carroll's ideas and old friend Monte Kiffin's ideas and added them to his stuff. He runs different looks that consist of so many concepts that offenses really have no chance to catch up and understand what is being thrown there way.

He is also a great teacher going always looking for new ways to get his lesson across to his players. He knows every player learns differently and will search to find the best way to teach each and every player to put them in the best position to succeed.

Some may think it is too soon to give Bradley a Head Coaching gig, but good young coaching talent like his is not available for long. Harbaugh was only ever a special teams coach and Mike Tomlin was only a Coordinator for only 1 season.

I hope Joe Banner and Jimmy Haslam at the very least give Gus Bradley are very long look and then if they don't think he is the man give a second and third look just to be sure.

Jamison on the sig
Tully305

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000092674/article/report-mike-holmgren-wants-to-coach-dallas-cowboys

I hope that fat POS gets the job in D and gets exposed for the lazy fraud he is.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tully305 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000092674/article/report-mike-holmgren-wants-to-coach-dallas-cowboys

I hope that fat POS gets the job in D and gets exposed for the lazy fraud he is.

or watch him turn Tony Romo into a superbowl winning QB lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tully305 wrote:

Wow... harsh much?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a name that I don't believe has been mentioned....Rick Dennison

As the O Coordinator for Houston now, and Denver before, he runs the kind of offense that I think best fits the Browns. He likes to run, and throw play-action off of that. I read a stat somewhere that Schaub has the most completions of 20 or more yards off of play-action over the past several years.

If we could use Richardson like Houston uses Foster, and allow Weeden to throw down field off of play-action, I think we could show some more success on offense.

Of course it would be nice to have an Andre Johnson to throw to. Smile

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:

As the O Coordinator for Houston now, and Denver before, he runs the kind of offense that I think best fits the Browns. He likes to run, and throw play-action off of that. I read a stat somewhere that Schaub has the most completions of 20 or more yards off of play-action over the past several years.

If we could use Richardson like Houston uses Foster, and allow Weeden to throw down field off of play-action, I think we could show some more success on offense.

Hop on the train!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14895368&highlight=#14895368

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need Kirk Ferentz. You want Kik Kerentz. Please take Kirk Ferentz.

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more and more I've been exposed to two coaches from the other brother on the board....the more I'm linking them....

1. Ray Horton...

2. Gus Bradley...

now my Man has fallen to 3rd

3. Perry Fewell

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Hop on the train!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14895368&highlight=#14895368

My bad Brownie....didn't see that post...I'm on the train. Very Happy

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:

Jaaaash Gardoooon wins football games!

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take Jay Gruden. Imagine how many times Chucky would then talk about you guys. ESPN would be dripping with brown coverage. Plus, you weaken a rival.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Take Jay Gruden. Imagine how many times Chucky would then talk about you guys. ESPN would be dripping with brown coverage. Plus, you weaken a rival.

it weakens both teams. u take a coach away from a team but now the other team knows every single thing about that new coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: