Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 10 Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally hate all the hang in there not that far off comments.

No they are closer then Minny and better team just lack discipline and coaching adjustments

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
I don't want to be that guy but.....am I the only one that watched this game and the whole time was just looking at Minny and thinking "Geez they're bad" ?

I mean seriously, how do those guys have a winning record? The '07 Lions looked better. Which is odd because Ponder looks alot like Orlovsky out there.

Terrible, just terrible. Confused

AP!

Without him they are 2 win team

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

No they are closer then Minny and better team just lack discipline and coaching adjustments

On paper we are a better team but they are 2-0 against us. Since we can't make the necessary adjustments or be disciplined we can't win these games we are "supposed" to win.

I think we need a shakeup in our coaching in the offseason. We should be the better team but we aren't.

We can say all day and swear up and down that we are more talented than Minny or whoever but talk doesn't win games. Minny is 2-0 against us (they made the wins look easy).

And this isn't because Detfan said this and I'm just trying to argue. I'm just generally a frustrated Lions fan. I believe we are a better team then what we have shown but we need to start being consistent and winning games.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

On paper we are a better team but they are 2-0 against us. Since we can't make the necessary adjustments or be disciplined we can't win these games we are "supposed" to win.

I think we need a shakeup in our coaching in the offseason. We should be the better team but we aren't.

We can say all day and swear up and down that we are more talented than Minny or whoever but talk doesn't win games. Minny is 2-0 against us (they made the wins look easy).

And this isn't because Detfan said this and I'm just trying to argue. I'm just generally a frustrated Lions fan. I believe we are a better team then what we have shown but we need to start being consistent and winning games.

My point is it is OBVIOUS they are not far off. They won 10 games last year and made playoffs. Tired of not so great teams winning and thinking they are lightyears ahead of Detroit. Minny heading in right direction but they are not a playoff caliber team either.

The end

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

My point is it is OBVIOUS they are not far off. They won 10 games last year and made playoffs. Tired of not so great teams winning and thinking they are lightyears ahead of Detroit. Minny heading in right direction but they are not a playoff caliber team either.

The end

My point is also obvious that we are pretty far off if we can't win against Minnesota in "obvious" wins for us.

Can't say we are a playoff caliber team if we finish 4-12. All the blabbity blah blah blah and stats and paper team doesn't make me feel any better at all.

If we are playoff caliber, if we are better than Minnesota, if we are better than Tennessee, then we should win. Make all the excuses you want to make yourself feel better, we lost. Its not a one time thing either. We seem to lose a lot of games this year against "far worse teams."
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I don't want to be that guy but.....am I the only one that watched this game and the whole time was just looking at Minny and thinking "Geez they're bad" ?

I mean seriously, how do those guys have a winning record? The '07 Lions looked better. Which is odd because Ponder looks alot like Orlovsky out there.

I wouldn't go that far but, yes, I still can't believe the Lions lost twice to them.

They are a decent team but the Lions should never have lost this.

Right now I would go to the Minny forum to share my thoughts on the Lions.

My comment was directly on Minnesota as a team and had no reflection on my thoughts of the game or the Lions.

Minnesota is just.....bad.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

My comment was directly on Minnesota as a team and had no reflection on my thoughts of the game or the Lions.

well, we're not real good, i'll give you that. but i don't know if we're a "bad" team, sort of average i'd say. we lack any receivers outside of Harvin and have soft spots in our LB corp, to begin with. our coaches are rather unimaginative and non-daring too.

but we're trending upward, even if we don't win another game this year, and bad teams don't really do that.

semantics.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I wouldn't go that far but, yes, I still can't believe the Lions lost twice to them.

I can understand you thinking we were bad after our first game in Detroit, but what happened yesterday that made you think we are so bad?

Not trolling here. Serious question
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I can understand you thinking we were bad after our first game in Detroit, but what happened yesterday that made you think we are so bad?

Honestly thought you guys were playing over your head to start the season and you have obviously slowed down the last 4 games before you played us.

I don't want to play the "we beat ourselves" card but I think a better team would have scored a lot more against us. A top tier team against our lackluster offense and poor secondary would have had a field day.

I wouldn't say you were a good team while I wouldn't say you were a bad team. Above average. Do I think we should have beat you yesterday on paper? Yes and I thought it should have been easy but we didn't.

Don't get me wrong. You guys are 2-0 against us and have a good chance at a playoff spot. So while we may be the "better" team against the "bad" team at least you might see the postseason.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I don't know, maybe it is just me, but Ponder looked noodle armed and somewhat confused. I mean he literally looked just like Orlovsky out there. Never really completing anything useful or substantial, but completing garbage at a very high clip. The Defense looked like it should have been a riot to take advantage of. Even AP was sropped for 0 or negative an awful lot. He looked alot like Best out there. In the open field he was dangerous, but he wasn't going to get open easy.

I don't know, the only thing that looked worse than the Vikings out there was the effort the Lions gave IMO.
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I don't know, maybe it is just me, but Ponder looked noodle armed and somewhat confused. I mean he literally looked just like Orlovsky out there. Never really completing anything useful or substantial, but completing garbage at a very high clip. The Defense looked like it should have been a riot to take advantage of. Even AP was sropped for 0 or negative an awful lot. He looked alot like Best out there. In the open field he was dangerous, but he wasn't going to get open easy.

I don't know, the only thing that looked worse than the Vikings out there was the effort the Lions gave IMO.

I guess I didnt see that. The past few games Ponder has looked bad, but I thought he played well yesterday and that was without his top WR.
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Honestly thought you guys were playing over your head to start the season and you have obviously slowed down the last 4 games before you played us.

I don't want to play the "we beat ourselves" card but I think a better team would have scored a lot more against us. A top tier team against our lackluster offense and poor secondary would have had a field day.

I wouldn't say you were a good team while I wouldn't say you were a bad team. Above average. Do I think we should have beat you yesterday on paper? Yes and I thought it should have been easy but we didn't.

Don't get me wrong. You guys are 2-0 against us and have a good chance at a playoff spot. So while we may be the "better" team against the "bad" team at least you might see the postseason.

Well we did score 34 points which is a very high number and we did it missing Harvin. Your offense also didnt really move the ball whenever the game was within single digits. Alot of the damage came when the Vikings were in prevent defense. Sorry about yesterday, but I just dont feel like you guys are giving the Vikings enough credit.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:

Well we did score 34 points which is a very high number and we did it missing Harvin. Your offense also didnt really move the ball whenever the game was within single digits. Alot of the damage came when the Vikings were in prevent defense. Sorry about yesterday, but I just dont feel like you guys are giving the Vikings enough credit.

34 pts is alot but your offense seemed to sputter with the average play of Ponder and missing Harvin.

I feel like a better team would have put up 7s instead of the 3s.

I feel also like you guys are like your last 5 games rather than your first 5.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Even AP was sropped for 0 or negative an awful lot. He looked alot like Best out there. In the open field he was dangerous, but he wasn't going to get open easy.

that's VERY typical for Peterson, if you look at most any of his game's play by play totals. he'll have a lot of runs for zero or negative yards, some for two, then he pops one for 11. then a 5, then a 2, then a 65.

it's how it's always been with him on the Vikes. always. it's also very typical he gets a lot of yards late in the game, as he did yesterday. in the game against SD when he had 296 on the day, he only had 52 in the first half. he stays strong and quick, the D's wear down.

YlionsY wrote:
I feel like a better team would have put up 7s instead of the 3s.

definitely. no doubt about it.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:

See I don't see that at all. When I look at the rosters I see a much more talented team in Minnesota.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: