Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Did the Rams get railroaded?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillSabre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Did the Rams get railroaded? Reply with quote

I'm going to put the whole game aside and focus on the delay of game penalty on the would've been game winning field goal in OT. The play clock struck 0 and the ball was snapped. I've seen that play let go an infinite amount of times with offenses on the field. In most cases for delay of game, the clock strikes zero and the play is blown dead before the snap even gets off. This play was almost simultaneous and utter BS in my book.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Did the Rams get railroaded? Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
I'm going to put the whole game aside and focus on the delay of game penalty on the would've been game winning field goal in OT. The play clock struck 0 and the ball was snapped. I've seen that play let go an infinite amount of times with offenses on the field. In most cases for delay of game, the clock strikes zero and the play is blown dead before the snap even gets off. This play was almost simultaneous and utter BS in my book.

I have always wondered why they don't put the tenths of a second on the clock. They got that snap off one second prior to the that clock hitting 0. I've never understood why the NFL apparently thinks there is not time between 0 and 1.......

Rams got screwed.

PM sig requests.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puh-lease!!! The Rams screwed up. They had a TO left. Don't blame the loss on that. The game ended in a tie. Move on. Am I complaining about how we got screwed out of over a minute when we were down and maybe that minute plus could have helped us get a fg before halftime? The tie is what it is. Let it go.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The call was right... What's the point here? There is no way one can really question it, FOX changed over to the game so I saw it live and in replays.

If I was cheering for a dog in this one it was the Rams. Rams made a few other gaffs at the end too. But this is a young Rams team and that stuff happens and with Jeff Fisher running this team? They learn from this and be better.

I got the Rams as one of my teams to watch. Give it 3 years and they very well could be a young dynasty in the making. All those draft picks and they're already playing very tough... Gonna be a heck of a ball club.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
The call was right... What's the point here? There is no way one can really question it, FOX changed over to the game so I saw it live and in replays.

If I was cheering for a dog in this one it was the Rams. Rams made a few other gaffs at the end too. But this is a young Rams team and that stuff happens and with Jeff Fisher running this team? They learn from this and be better.

I got the Rams as one of my teams to watch. Give it 3 years and they very well could be a young dynasty in the making. All those draft picks and they're already playing very tough... Gonna be a heck of a ball club.
This is true. The Rams played a good game yesterday. Going into the game I thought the Niners would win but its a division rival so I knee it could go either way. 2-3 years down the road I see the Rams being contenders and the Redskins still at the bottom. That trade will haunt the Skins for awhile.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a little different because the refs are set up on the field different. It is said on a field goal when the play clock hits zero one of the refs who make sure the kick is good is suppose to put his head down. Before the snap the ref drops his head showing the delay of game. Just where they are located its hard to hear his whistle and blow the clock dead so the play basically gets blown dead

IMO it was a good call, it was a delay of game. Coach has to see that

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams out played the 49ers most of the game and were more physical. A few dumb mistakes by a young team cost them the game. Throw in 2 high first round picks this coming draft, and the Rams will be contending for the division next year, especially when all their young players gain more experience. They are in great cap shape too.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The call was technically correct, though I don't know how a ref would be able to see the playclock strike 0 and then look down and see the ball not snapped. It was almost instantaneous.

Officiating was horrendous and it effected both sides.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
The call was technically correct, though I don't know how a ref would be able to see the playclock strike 0 and then look down and see the ball not snapped. It was almost instantaneous.

Yeah, what the heck was the deal with losing 1:12 while they were measuring for the first down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Puh-lease!!! The Rams screwed up. They had a TO left. Don't blame the loss on that. The game ended in a tie. Move on. Am I complaining about how we got screwed out of over a minute when we were down and maybe that minute plus could have helped us get a fg before halftime? The tie is what it is. Let it go.

Listen, I'm not making excuses for the Rams. That exact play is let go 99% of the time when the offense is on the field, period. The biggest mistake for the Rams was Fisher calling a TO with 1:09 left with first and goal at the 3 yard line. I can't comprehend what he was thinking.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether it was wrong or right, it isn't in question at all if they snapped the ball one second earlier.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
7 catches, 130 yards
billsoilers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:

Yeah, what the heck was the deal with losing 1:12 while they were measuring for the first down.

On this game and the Bills one the refs were the replacements of the replacements.

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/552244_903087703271_655118836_n.jpg
[/img]

Is this a catchable ball? LOL[/url]

Last edited by billsoilers on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title of the thread is did the Rams get railroaded...

It's now down to, yeah, it got snapped late - but they let that one go most times?

No they don't and not in over-time...
PeteyPercyPonde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Listen, I'm not making excuses for the Rams. That exact play is let go 99% of the time when the offense is on the field, period. The biggest mistake for the Rams was Fisher calling a TO with 1:09 left with first and goal at the 3 yard line. I can't comprehend what he was thinking.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Down 4, 1st and Goal from the 3 and 1:09 left, wouldn't you want to use as much time as possible and leave the other team with as little time as possible? I understand you still need to put one in the end zone, but they could have easily run AT LEAST 20-30 seconds off then used the time out and probably won the game in regulation.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Did the Rams get railroaded? Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BillSabre wrote:

I have always wondered why they don't put the tenths of a second on the clock. They got that snap off one second prior to the that clock hitting 0. I've never understood why the NFL apparently thinks there is not time between 0 and 1.......

Rams got screwed.

im not sure if your serious....but it takes one second for 1 to go to 0. its not like when it goes to 0 theres still .1 seconds left. there is 0 seconds left. the only time you have is between the ref seeing 0 and then seeing if you snapped the ball....unfortunately for the rams these refs were on the ball and didnt give any time between it hitting 0 and the snapping of the ball.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: