Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers FFMD 12 Team Summaries and Power Rankings Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

Not sure why I gave your team 7th place.

Neumatic wrote:
I thought the same exact thing yesterday actually.

I kinda chuckled when I saw how low I was rated overall, but I wasn't too worried. Not everyone has a crystal ball. Wink
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
I don't appreciate this smack-talking Kethy!! Laughing Laughing I was thinking last week that whoever drafted Watt must be really happy. Looked it up, and of course it's Mr. Crystal Ball Kethy!!

Yep. Austin Houston is beastmode as well

Was hoping either Antonio or moss would work out. Ah well. I'm "stuck" with Larry Fitzgerald, Jason Witten, Jimmy Graham, and a pair of top 10 RBs. : D
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
I don't appreciate this smack-talking Kethy!! Laughing Laughing I was thinking last week that whoever drafted Watt must be really happy. Looked it up, and of course it's Mr. Crystal Ball Kethy!!

Yep. Austin Houston is beastmode as well

Was hoping either Antonio or moss would work out. Ah well. I'm "stuck" with Larry Fitzgerald, Jason Witten, Jimmy Graham, and a pair of top 10 RBs. : D

Uh oh...

Who is that I hear knocking on DPOY's door? Charles Tillman? Very Happy

And thanks Kethy for CJ...his 8.5 sacks and 5 FF are filling in nicely...that's 12 FF between him and Peanut.

And w/ the tackling machines of Pollard and Branch, and my CB play of Haden, Verner, Janoris Jenkins, Cox, and ...Tillman again...

Oh, and who's that guy I've got under center...what was his name...oh yeah, "Discount Double Check" dude! Combined with Harvin, Gronk, and the other 3 WRs sitting at around 600 yds.

Of course, you do have Eli...how's he been as of late!! Ouch!! Very Happy

C'mon all, let the smack talking commence. You can't take this from Keth and I lying down! Let's hear it!!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread reminds me of a chicken coop.

All ya'all little peckers just trying to get after the big pecker.

Newton, Rice, Richardson, Martin, Sproles, Green, Jones, Jackson, Cobb,....don't need any more trash talking than that right there.

Rock solid OL. Rock solid front 7 defensively. Secondary has been decimated by injuries...what can ya do.

Some of you said potential, all I see is production....production up the ying yang.

Got guys tooting horns for the likes of Eli, Joe Haderallen, "Austin Houston", suspended/PFF worst graded CB in the league J Jenkins...really? Sad man, just sad.

Like I say little pecker/big pecker syndrome.

Disclaimer: This post is made with a good natured, just playing spirit to it. If you tend to be extremely literal and think anyone takes this seriously, please do not get your panties in a wad.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
mosteelers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:

Newton, Rice, Richardson, Martin, Sproles, Green, Jones, Jackson, Cobb,....don't need any more trash talking than that right there.

Rock solid OL. Rock solid front 7 defensively. Secondary has been decimated by injuries...what can ya do.

Some of you said potential, all I see is production....production up the ying yang.

Got guys tooting horns for the likes of Eli, Joe Haderallen, "Austin Houston", suspended/PFF worst graded CB in the league J Jenkins...really? Sad man, just sad.

Disclaimer: This post is made with a good natured, just playing spirit to it. If you tend to be extremely literal and think anyone takes this seriously, please do not get your panties in a wad.

Newton Huh? Question

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:

What has Newton produced?

Anyway....my team was crushed by injuries, especially on defense.

And I never shouldve traded Peyton Manning for Rivers. Put too much faith in Rivers coming back strong. He simply doesnt look like the same QB he did a few years ago.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK boys, lets not nitpick Newton.

I have Willie Colon on my team, I am allowed some leeway given my obviously low standards.

Damn it.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
OK boys, lets not nitpick Newton.

I have Willie Colon on my team, I am allowed some leeway given my obviously low standards.

Damn it.

Not really nitpicking when its the most important position on the team. Very Happy Wink

Dont feel bad though, Rivers has sucked for me and my defense is full of either underperforming players or guys who suffered major injuries.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
suspended/PFF worst graded CB in the league J Jenkins...really? Sad man, just sad.

Yep...really! Laughing

when you start with "PFF worst graded", you should've known you went wrong somewhere...

...not that I don't use them as well, but only when it's supports MY argument...they are mostly wrong when they go against my train of thought...weird, I know... Wink

I needed some levity after that abysmal performance by the Steelers yesterday, so time to talk about something else to get my mind off of it! Sad

treat88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
treat88 wrote:
suspended/PFF worst graded CB in the league J Jenkins...really? Sad man, just sad.

Yep...really! Laughing

when you start with "PFF worst graded", you should've known you went wrong somewhere...

...not that I don't use them as well, but only when it's supports MY argument...they are mostly wrong when they go against my train of thought...weird, I know... Wink

I needed some levity after that abysmal performance by the Steelers yesterday, so time to talk about something else to get my mind off of it! Sad

OK, OK...if you are going to go by arguments that fit the moment....

Do I get some Newton credit now?

kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Yep...really! Laughing

that was philadelphia's defense.

no credit for you! come back next week!!!!

kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so here's an 11-game summary of the team so far:

Coaches evaluation:
HC - Mike Smith - tough to argue against him. One of 2 teams in the NFL to have a 10-1 record. 6th in offense, 4th in defense overall.

OC - Todd Haley - somewhat incomplete grade on this one. On one hand, he's led the team to a higher offensive ppg average than his predecessor while dealing with injuries throughout the skill positions. He's also developed an offense that had Ben on track to set personal records in almost everything while keeping him from getting sacked constantly.

DC - Perry Fewell - Typically strange NYG defense. 9th overall, 2nd in interceptions, 3rd in takeaways, just beat down Aaron Rodgers to a 10 point game. Inconsistent run defense, giving up 143 yards to Dallas in the first game and 19 the 2nd. proven track record of playing well against good QBs.

Offense

Passing game - Eli Manning, Jimmy Graham, Jason Witten, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Santonio Holmes*, Jacoby Ford*, Ted Ginn

inconsistent Eli is inconsistent. Graham is 2nd in the NFL in TDs for a TE. Witten is 1st in receptions, 3rd in yards. Larry Fitzgerald is completely hamstrung with woefully inept QB play this year, although he managed 1400 yards with Skelton and Kevin Kolb throwing to him last season

Running game -
Marshawn Lynch is beastmode, 4th in YFS, 3rd in rushing yards, supporting a rookie QB on a team with no WR talent and racking up 6x 100+ yard games (t-1st) and 9x 85+ yard games (t-1st).
LeSean McCoy - In a season where Michael Vick is horrible, McCoy has been criminally underused by a coach who will be fired after this season. 13th in YFS this season, after leading the NFL in TDs and placing 4th in YFS last year.

Offensive line -
Russell Okung - 1 sack, 6 false starts - WTF??? Good run blocking
Wade Smith - 7 sacks, 1 false start, 0 holding penalties...over the last 3 seasons combined
Max Unger - 0 sacks allowed, 1 false start penalty this season. 1.5 sacks allowed, 3 false starts over last 2 seasons combined
Harvey Dahl - 2 sacks, 2 false starts this season, never more than 3.5 sacks or 3 holding/false starts in 5 seasons
Bryan Bulaga - rough season, 5 penalties/sacks this season and a hip injury

backups:
Gabe Carimi - obviously rough season, 6.5 sacks, although most of them came against Aldon Smith this year.
Stefen Wisniewski - 2 holding penalties this season. 1.5 sacks allowed in his career (all last year), beast in the run game (ask Casey Hampton, handled him 1v1 all game). Only reason he's a backup is because Unger, Smith, and Dahl are damn good. Dahl played great last year at RT, perhaps move Dahl to RT again and put Wis in at OG where he played last year

DEFENSE

43 DL:
Chris Long (7 sacks), Marcel Dareus (3.5 sacks, 4 PD), JJ Watt (14.5 sacks, 13 PD), Justin Houston (9 sacks, 4 PD) - 34 sacks, 21 Passes defensed from my front 4 so far this year.
Dareus had a rough start along with most of Buffalo's front 4, but has picked it up.
Watt is DPOY.
Chris Long and Justin Houston are on pace to put up close to 24 sacks between them.

3-4 DL:
JJ Watt (14.5 sacks, 13 PD), Marcel Dareus (3.5 sacks, 4 PD), Muhammad Wilkerson (2 sacks, 2 PD, 3 forced fumbles, 1 TD)
Wilkerson is gaining notoriety as one of the better 3-4 DEs in the NFL, despite the rest of the NYJ being trash. Chris Long as a rotational pass rusher in the 3-4

Backups:
Adrian Clayborne, Nick Perry - both injured
Justin Tuck - WTF?

4-3 LB:
Daryl Smith - out* (injuries)
Kam Wimbley - pretty middling season, 4.5 sacks and a forced fumble, but Tennessee is using him (foolishly) as a DE. Had 7 sacks and 60+ tackles as an OLB last year
James Laurinaitis - leads the NFL in solo tackles, very solid in coverage
Erin Henderson - started season on fire with 2 sacks and over 20 total tackles in first 2 games, got a bit gimpy, missed 2 games, had a good game vs. Chicago

3-4 LB:
Kam Wimbley - averaged just under 8 sacks/season as an OLB
Erin Henderson, James Laurinaitis inside (see above)
Justin Houston - see above
Nick Perry injured

Defensive secondary:
Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne - Dallas is 9th in passing yards allowed and 11th in passing TDs allowed despite the CBs having to make up for Gerald Sensabaugh and Danny McCray.
Antoine Bethea - sack, half dozen passes defensed, and 70 total tackles (2nd on team). Solid but unspectacular
Quintin Mikell - sack and a pair of forced fumbles. Also solid but unspectacular

backups:
Prince Amukamara - plays decently, but I gotta buy this dude a set of brass balls
Jimmy Smith* out
Stanford Routt - you're fired!

Special Teams -
David Akers - having a bit of an offseason, but has been top 3 in field goals made for last 4 years
Britton Colquitt - 4th in net punting
Ted Ginn - gimpy this year
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Yep...really! Laughing

Well of course I'm going to use that performance to make my team look better...duhh!! Wink

And don't mind Keth...he'll surely point to this ONE decent performance by Eli against a decemated defense to support Eli's case, so you can surely use Newton's performance this week for credit! Laughing

But in all fairness, Keth's roster does look better now than it appeared pre-season.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
treat88 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
treat88 wrote:

Yep...really! Laughing

Well of course I'm going to use that performance to make my team look better...duhh!! Wink

And don't mind Keth...he'll surely point to this ONE decent performance by Eli against a decemated defense to support Eli's case, so you can surely use Newton's performance this week for credit! Laughing

But in all fairness, Keth's roster does look better now than it appeared pre-season.

I wonder why?? Laughing Wink
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:

I wonder why?? Laughing Wink

don't hate...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: