Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chip Kelly
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last thing we need is a coaching change, having stability for once would be nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Seeing as this thread is a waste because Chip Kelly isn't coming to Oakland and I doubt Reggie is ready to give up on his hand picked HC Allen, let's talk about OC candidates.

Who is out there that could help. Honestly, I think Allen needs a top flight guy to call the offense.

Norv Turner would top my list. He's a great play caller and the talent Oakland has is taylor made for him.

Likely wishful thinking. After him, I"m not sure what is even out there.
Andy Reid, jason Garret , or maybe norv turner.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Seeing as this thread is a waste because Chip Kelly isn't coming to Oakland and I doubt Reggie is ready to give up on his hand picked HC Allen, let's talk about OC candidates.

Who is out there that could help. Honestly, I think Allen needs a top flight guy to call the offense.

Norv Turner would top my list. He's a great play caller and the talent Oakland has is taylor made for him.

Likely wishful thinking. After him, I"m not sure what is even out there.
Andy Reid, jason Garret , or maybe norv turner.

I'd lean towards Norv. Reid doesn't like to run and Garret won't be fired this season.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any reasonable chance of getting one of the coordinators listed above? Oakland in general is alot more attractive looking to coordinators now that Al has passed. And we do have some talent on O...

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
Overreaction much? DA has to be given more time. Do you want to go back to canning people year after year? We need continuity. Not everything will be fixed in one year.

Dennis allen is horrible for real Greg Knapp is really the one to blame.. I say we bring in chip he loves speed and we have alot of speed he can utilize
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I cannot comprehend is why there is a thread about firing the offensive coordinator when the defense has given up 97 points the last 2 weeks, 55 this week which is the most in the NFL so far this year. On a record points allowed pace.

If anything Tarver is proving to be in over his head. But noone is talking about that, because deep down we all know the defensive personnel is beyond putrid. The offense is a non factor at this point, because an all-time all-pro offensive lineup couldn't win us games right now.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
What I cannot comprehend is why there is a thread about firing the offensive coordinator when the defense has given up 97 points the last 2 weeks, 55 this week which is the most in the NFL so far this year. On a record points allowed pace.

If anything Tarver is proving to be in over his head. But noone is talking about that, because deep down we all know the defensive personnel is beyond putrid. The offense is a non factor at this point, because an all-time all-pro offensive lineup couldn't win us games right now.

I brought up the exact point in another thread. Apparently it's the players. Although I agree with you. A defense that gives up historic numbers, there's blame to go around. It doesn't just fall on players. Although I'm willing to give Tarver a second shot. Knapp has a history in the league already and hasn't proven he can advance an offense to a great level.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
holyghost wrote:

I brought up the exact point in another thread. Apparently it's the players. Although I agree with you. A defense that gives up historic numbers, there's blame to go around. It doesn't just fall on players. Although I'm willing to give Tarver a second shot. Knapp has a history in the league already and hasn't proven he can advance an offense to a great level.

Yes, Knapp is more than questionable. But of the 3 units the offense is our best. So I think alot of attention need be paid to the defense and special teams long before the offense. The offense is average, good pass offense mostly due to Palmer and terrible rush offense. Unfortunately, everything about special teams other than our long time kickers is absolutely horrid, including the blocking for said kickers which has never been remotely as poor as it is now. In fact I don't think I have ever seen a team relatively incapable of blocking for it's punter!? And the defense is just putrid in all phases. There's more than enough questions to go around on all that before the offense even gets looked at.

All I hear is Knapp, Knapp, Knapp. Well, anyone actually watching these games can see that while Knapp is no Sean Payton, we ain't winning a goddamn thing no matter what the offense does right now.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree we need to have patience, but one thing is certain after back to back weeks of record breaking futility Al would be handing DA his walking papers.
Oh and got money back in the process. Cool
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
holyghost wrote:

That's your answer right here. But people are questioning Tarver and Allen as well, Knapp is far from the only one getting blamed.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord no... keep that goober away from this team. He's annoying, his voice is annoying, and his dream was to coach at ND so he's not leaving til he gets the boot.

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Lord no... keep that goober away from this team. He's annoying, his voice is annoying, and his dream was to coach at ND so he's not leaving til he gets the boot.

Brian Kelly is the HC of Notre Dame. Chip Kelly is the highly sought after HC of Oregon by NFL owners.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Brian Kelly is the HC of Notre Dame. Chip Kelly is the highly sought after HC of Oregon by NFL owners.

Oh I got the wrong Kelly. I get so used to hearing Brian Kelly's name and not Chip's (I'm guessing due to geographical location and the fact that Brian coached at UC) that I got them mixed up. Thanks for catching me on that.

Not that I'm not being an idiot anymore, I don't want any gimmick offenses or anyone who has an affiliation w/ one. Won't work.

PM sig requests.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to give the current coaching staff (minus Knapp) another shot next year. The defense is terrible but with an effective MLB and consistent DT's, we'd be in much better shape. The #1 thing I think that would help our defense would be the ability to run the ball on offense. These guys are getting gassed with the amount of 3-and-outs the O produces.

That said, how about this name for the OC position: Joe Lombardi. He was on the Saints Superbowl staff as (and still is) their QB coach. In his first year in that position, Brees broke the passing yards record. He also has a pretty recognizable football pedigree (see Lombardi, Vince). Allen should know him from his Saints days, but I imagine that would involve scrapping the ZBS. And I know how much we love our ZBS around here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: