Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Danario Alexander
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjab360

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
Ooh, testy... Don't worry, I hate being wrong too. Laughing
That doesnt even make sense?

The guy has 5 catches in 2 weeks and you are pretending like it means anything. Thats just sad, that you have to make that huge reach just to feel validated on your opinion about him.

Yet those 5 catches are still give times greater then anything Pettis or Smith have done all season long. DX would've been an asset for us if we had displayed a little patience, but truth is I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Still a little laughable the lengths you'd go to to protect your ego. Out of curiosity, have you changed your opinion on Amendola yet, or does he still belong on some team's practice squad?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

The guy has 5 catches in 2 weeks and you are pretending like it means anything. Thats just sad, that you have to make that huge reach just to feel validated on your opinion about him.

Yet those 5 catches are still give times greater then anything Pettis or Smith have done all season long. DX would've been an asset for us if we had displayed a little patience, but truth is I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Still a little laughable the lengths you'd go to to protect your ego. Out of curiosity, have you changed your opinion on Amendola yet, or does he still belong on some team's practice squad?
Im not protecting anything at all, Nothing has changed about Danario. You guys are craming over 5 plays (3 of which were basic, and nothing to write home about), so clearly nothing has changed with you all either.

ANd I admitted I was wrong on Danny a long time ago, I actually did it at the start of that season. Always easy to bring up red herrings isnt it, sadly you feeble attempt has yet again failed.

If there is anyone who deserves to have an "I told you so" thread its me who told you all forever that Donnie Avery was a good WR, you know the guy with almost 40 catches and 500+ yards through half the season, who has put up numbers in every single game this year? But I am secure enough with myself that I dont need to make a thread about everything I think I was right about in the past.
jjab360

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

Im not protecting anything at all, Nothing has changed about Danario. You guys are craming over 5 plays (3 of which were basic, and nothing to write home about), so clearly nothing has changed with you all either.

ANd I admitted I was wrong on Danny a long time ago, I actually did it at the start of that season. Always easy to bring up red herrings isnt it, sadly you feeble attempt has yet again failed.

If there is anyone who deserves to have an "I told you so" thread its me who told you all forever that Donnie Avery was a good WR, you know the guy with almost 40 catches and 500+ yards through half the season, who has put up numbers in every single game this year? But I am secure enough with myself that I dont need to make a thread about everything I think I was right about in the past.

I still don't think much of Avery. He should actually be doing much better for the amount of snaps he's had and targets thrown his way. Hilton has been a much more effective player, and he's only a rookie.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

Maybe we should make a Lunatic is a [inappropriate/removed] thread.. haha im sure we would have a lot of pages. Haha its all in fun. We all know Lunatic has his moments but there is no denying that he is a smart guy and does his hw. Kinda like the only kid who reminds the teacher you had homework last night. Laughing I still have respect for lunatic.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, watching the Rams lately, I don't really see how DX would have made an impact at all. Maybe against the Pats because it would have been nice having someone else go deep other than Givens, but even then I'm just not seeing it right now. Right now I feel every Rams WR is just auditioning to stick around and find their place as a key component. I think there are a lot of different skillsets bouncing around that Schotty is utilizing, though some of them might not be around next season. I think he would have given DX the same treatment. Right now the only standout right now is Danny, everyone else is replaceable, and you could have easily chalked up DX on the list of replaceables.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
But I just can't believe people won't let him go. What else needed to happen to make it obvious Danario Alexander was never going to amount to anything in St. Louis. He had so many opportunities. It was painfully obvious he can not play on turf.

Now that he's playing on natural grass, I could see a little difference in his health. But regardless he was never going to be anything more than a injury proned WR here.

Bingo, you nailed it here. DX had every opportunity and then some with the Rams, he simply couldn't stay on the field and this has been a major issue with him since he broke onto the scene at Mizzou. At some point you have to move on and the new staff did exactly that. He'll have a better opportunity to stay healthy on the grass surface, but I don't expect him to be a long-term solution there...

I'm glad to see him having immediate success, as I've followed him for a long time. However, I don't see DX having a consistent and prolonged NFL career with his chronic health issues...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addressing an earlier post, it was me that called DX a one trick pony, not Lunatic.

And I stand by it still. No way should he have stayed a Ram. I am glad for him that he is staying healthy so far. I wonder how much or how little playing home games on natural grass will help him.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was good and flashed potential when on the field but he couldn't stay on the field. All the best to him and hope he is able to stay healthy but I personally don't miss him taking up a roster spot.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a lot of Avery fans on here. The year he got cut I said hed breakout with 1,200+ yards.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
There were a lot of Avery fans on here. The year he got cut I said hed breakout with 1,200+ yards.
With a few more big games he could do it
jjab360

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 catches for 96 yards and 2 TDs against Champ and the Broncos...

Yeah, we f'd up. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMH, this is exactly what I was talking about in NFL Gen.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone made fun of me that he was my favorite Crying or Very sad **still my picture**

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
7 catches for 96 yards and 2 TDs against Champ and the Broncos...

Yeah, we f'd up. Embarassed

I'm going to say this for a final time before I walk away from the dead horse. We all knew what Alexander offered(well most of us), we all knew what type of ability he had on the field. That all said, he couldn't stay on the field for us.

He had some dominant games for us. The problem was that he was battling for his position with a new coaching staff and couldn't get on the practice or playing field.

Danario is an incredible talent but the question will always be, how long will he last?

But I feel completely the opposite of him as with Laurent. Him putting up great numbers in SD is not surprising with a good QB, he's a damn good WR when healthy. Laurent was just a guy who benefited from Romo's scrambling ability and a lack of attention.

I wish Danario the best of luck but I really hate the way that some Rams fans act. It's not solely this forum as I post on a Rams site but they make me have to root against players that I really like because the whining from those players succeeding on other teams is so great that it drives you crazy.

And this forum isn't nearly as bad as the other site but still, I feel like I have to root against RGIII, Avery, Danario, etc. because if they succeed, all we hear is how we made a mistake and the Rams are cursed and we are terrible...it's just a pity party. Stop living in the past.

And the funny thing is that while Avery was here, all we heard was how he was such a royal eff up and we should have taken DeSean. Now certain fans(mainly on the other board) are bemoaning us letting him go.

It just gets old. It's the same type of Suh vs. Bradford garbage.

You're not going to change things by focusing on the errors we made in the past. Look to what we can do in the future or in the present to improve.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pity party here. Just a big DX fan who recognizes that we were too impatient to let him work through his injury in the preseason, and the coaching staff made a mistake in letting him go before even getting to see what he was capable of.

No big deal, mistakes happen and this was indeed a mistake. Avery, Robinson, and RGIII were not mistakes. Avery and Robinson are not much, if any, better than most of the WRs currently on our roster. RGIII was completely unrealistic considering Bradford's contract and the massive haul we reeled in by trading away his rights.

Sorry that you feel like you have to root against him, but I'll always be rooting for him no matter what happens, he's a great player and a great guy.

EDIT: And his talent will soon be replaced in a guy with a similar, more polished skill set and the actual ability to stay (moderately) healthy. Prepare for the arrival of Justin Hunter because it is coming and this offense will never look back once he steps onto the field.

And yes, I do realize I sound like NBT pimping Randy Moss, but I can't help it. I just can't wait to see this guy in horns next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: