Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Must READ 11.12 Redskins EXCE think Shannys idiot AND MORE!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Must READ 11.12 Redskins EXCE think Shannys idiot AND MORE!! Reply with quote

Quote:
@Russellmania980: @JayGlazer on @FOXSports just reported that Dan Snyder was not happy with Mike Shanahan's comments last Sunday. FWIW. #Redskins

Good I hope he gets fired. 3 years of 6-10 ( face it we will likely be that record) poor FA and no picks with a poor cap I think deserves it.

Forget the other two years We would just hold this team back more why have a coach who has history of poor defense? our O wont be scoring 30 a game any more either.

EDIT :!!!

Quote:

ource: Snyder made Shanahan backtrack/spin from his "evaluation" comments.. That explains the awkward Monday presser where Dan was mentioned A lot

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 06:09 PM ----------

Jesus Christ...this too

#Redskins executive on Shanahan " He is a joke at this point... A real expensive joke"

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 06:11 PM ----------

For those that don't know him, LL posts on here regularly and is usually spot on.

There is even more on here on his account. Damn...**** is going down https://twitter.com/HTTR24_7

IPOD interview about whats going on in Ausburn:

http://httr24-7.com/?p=3435&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

^^^ Can listen to interview : What it talks about.

- People around the organization thinks Shanny is a bafoon and a overpriced idiot.

-Sowlik is trying to prevent Raheem the DC and some people inside the organization on defensive staff dont want him as the DC.

-Kyle Shanahan will likely not come back-

-We midiognized Garcon and made his injury much worst and are forcing him to come back and play to try and win some to save Shannys job.

-Coaches are arguing more than gameplanning are are not getting along at all.

-Danny forced Shanny to backtrack what he said and made it seem more positive :.

Last edited by Dashing on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares what Glazer thinks. He's not a part of our team. Also, as the anti superstar eloquently said the media took Shanahan's statement out of context. He did not mean we were quitting on the season.

Honesty. The media sometimes just tries to stir ish! Confused Twisted Evil

Shanahan will be back for at least one more season.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be a major mistake to fire Shanahan. We're a defense away from being an force to be reckoned with.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I think it would be a major mistake to fire Shanahan. We're a defense away from being an force to be reckoned with.

LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy you really believe this?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy you really believe this?
i agree with lavar! 2nd time in an hour... Laughing

Next year could be special if we keep the offensive and defensive systems the same. We will have Garçon, Helu, Orakpo, Neild and Carriker back healthy on D. We will sign a few upgrades and draft a few.

Rg3 and Morris will be a year older and more experienced. I think if we keep the current coaching staff we make a push for the playoffs if we stay healthy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Who cares what Glazer thinks. He's not a part of our team. Also, as the anti superstar eloquently said the media took Shanahan's statement out of context. He did not mean we were quitting on the season.

Supposedly he'll be here unless Jon Gruden wants the job.

Apparently he was our first choice but he said no at that point.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

We are currently 3rd in total yards, 7th in scoring and 1st in rushing yards. You can dog Haslett and I will join in however this offense has more than pulled there weight. If we even had an average defense we'd have at least 6 wins right now. Get a new aggressive coordinator and sign Sam shields, William Moore and draft Bacarri Rambo and we have ourselves the start of a real defensive backfield. Our OLB are young and ferocious and we will be getting Carriker back next year. This team has major potential, don't ruin it now.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

We are currently 3rd in total yards, 7th in scoring and 1st in rushing yards. You can dog Haslett and I will join in however this offense has more than pulled there weight. If we even had an average defense we'd have at least 6 wins right now. Get a new aggressive coordinator and sign Sam shields, William Moore and draft Bacarri Rambo and we have ourselves the start of a real defensive backfield. Our OLB are young and ferocious and we will be getting Carriker back next year. This team has major potential, don't ruin it now.

Well signing Sam Shields would be a start. But we need an upgrade at the FS even if we keep Meriweather, so Byrd should be on our radar. Cutting Hall will get rid of some dead weight.

But we need a SS badly.

That being said these are the best S's available in the first 3 rounds:

Kenny Vaccarro
Eric Reid
Matt Elam
Shawn Williams
Bacarri Rambo
Robert Lester
Tony Jefferson
T.J. McDonald

All of these guys are physical and all could adapt to the SS spot. This S class is very deep right now and we would be a fool not to select a S in the 2nd round of this years draft.

As far as CB's, I would love to sign Sam Shields and Antoine Cason. Drop Hall and Griffin and keep Wilson on a tight leash.

Look, having an improved secondary and corners who can play a position with healthy pass rush next year, should improve the team overall. Having Orakpo and Carriker go down for an entire year really hurt the pass rush and in essence has made the secondary vulnerable. Thai's philosophy is correct in that if the QB is not getting uncomfortable due to a pass rush, he will have all day to pick apart secondaries. Orakpo can get to a QB in 2 seconds. Give a QB more than that amount of time, its enough to run through progression and find someone open.

At the same time, we have to have a presence in the secondary that can intimidate QB's, RB's not named Jacobs and WR's, like Landry did.

I would not change the offense except for a potential WR and a starting caliber RT. If Brown cannot stay healthy the rest of the year, its time to let him go.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Supposedly he'll be here unless Jon Gruden wants the job.

Apparently he was our first choice but he said no at that point.
do you blame him for saying not agreeing to come to dc after what had just transpired the precious decade in cd? he also had a great gig with ESPN and MFN?

I don't think Gruden will come here because he and Snyder wouldn't mesh personalities. I do want him though. I think he's a championship caliber leader of men. He won the Super Bowl with Keyshawn Johnson and Brad Johnson of all people.

I'd be shocked if we fired Shanahan after this season.

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

Well signing Sam Shields would be a start. But we need an upgrade at the FS even if we keep Meriweather, so Byrd should be on our radar. Cutting Hall will get rid of some dead weight.

But we need a SS badly.

Kenny Vaccarro
Eric Reid
Matt Elam
Shawn Williams
Bacarri Rambo
Robert Lester
Tony Jefferson
T.J. McDonald

All of these guys are physical and all could adapt to the SS spot. This S class is very deep right now and we would be a fool not to select a S in the 2nd round of this years draft.

As far as CB's, I would love to sign Sam Shields and Antoine Cason. Drop Hall and Griffin and keep Wilson on a tight leash.

Look, having an improved secondary and corners who can play a position with healthy pass rush next year, should improve the team overall. Having Orakpo and Carriker go down for an entire year really hurt the pass rush and in essence has made the secondary vulnerable. Thai's philosophy is correct in that if the QB is not getting uncomfortable due to a pass rush, he will have all day to pick apart secondaries. Orakpo can get to a QB in 2 seconds. Give a QB more than that amount of time, its enough to run through progression and find someone open.

At the same time, we have to have a presence in the secondary that can intimidate QB's, RB's not named Jacobs and WR's, like Landry did.

I would not change the offense except for a potential WR and a starting caliber RT. If Brown cannot stay healthy the rest of the year, its time to let him go.
as for SS's go I'm not really giving up on Meriweather just yet. He could be just like Landry for us these last 7 games and if he is, he'll be back. That means one less thing we need to get this year in our secondary.
Other than that, per usual lately, I agree 99% with your post. Wink

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Um...this apparently was not an opinion piece by Glazer. It was him reporting what he heard. So in essence, if true, this was what Danny thought, not Glazer.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
markrc99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

But it's not what Glazer thinks, it's what the owner Dan Snyder thinks. Those earlier reports also stated that some of the players were taken aback from Shanahan's comments as well. The media certainly went too far in suggesting that the coach was throwing in the towel, that part is true. But Shanahan clearly questioned the team's character & intimated that a more long-term approach would be forthcoming. I myself liked what he said! It seemed like when he said "now" we can evaluate who's going to be here long term, that he had been pressured to try to win with a group he knew wasn't going to. I've felt this season should've been about finding that young core group that was going to lead this team down the road. When he came back out & retracted, which he said was clarification, what did he actually say? This is what he said meant: play younger guys in favor of De' Hall, London Fletcher & Santana Moss? Ha-ha, ridiculous, I'll never do that!

Publicly, a total reversal! Internally something's going on & I'm fearful that it isn't good. His entire eval & any changes he may have implemented probably got chucked down the flush hole! Again, I have no idea why Shanahan has to pretend that this group is going to rise to the occasion. In that Dallas-Philly game last night, repeatedly it was like Andy Reid has to win to save his job. The winner is still alive, the loser is essentially done. That can be said of Dallas or Philly, teams with much greater expectation, but not the Redskins? Hype, yeah that may explain it. I hope so. Others have said that Shanahan has turned over the majority of the roster, which is true. However, the more prominent players from the former culture.... they're still around! The character of this team coming into question, that's a new problem? No, that's an old problem that's been here a long time. If there are no changes & the team looks lethargic vs. Philly, will that be Shanahan's fault?
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

But we need a SS badly.

Kenny Vaccarro
Eric Reid
Matt Elam
Shawn Williams
Bacarri Rambo
Robert Lester
Tony Jefferson
T.J. McDonald

as for SS's go I'm not really giving up on Meriweather just yet. He could be just like Landry for us these last 7 games and if he is, he'll be back. That means one less thing we need to get this year in our secondary.
Other than that, per usual lately, I agree 99% with your post. Wink

While I am glad that you agree with my post, you seem to misunderstand the position of Brandon Meriweather. He is a FS and is slotted that way on the depth chart on Redskins.com behind Madieu Williams and Jordan Pugh.

We need a SS starter badly, because Doughty and Pugh just can't get it done. Obviously neither of them are starters.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
wno no no we need a Whole neww defenae in every category other than kerrigan and orakpo. Also need a better OL and better wr's.

We will see how the O goes about the end of season didnt look sharp two weeks but i feel this team has 0 winning mentality and just cant adjust during bad halfs and domt seem to progress when we have a losing record. It feels like ww regress alot than progress.

Dark side is shadowing the skins.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
wno no no we need a Whole neww defenae in every category other than kerrigan and orakpo. Also need a better OL and better wr's.

We will see how the O goes about the end of season didnt look sharp two weeks but i feel this team has 0 winning mentality and just cant adjust during bad halfs and domt seem to progress when we have a losing record. It feels like ww regress alot than progress.

Dark side is shadowing the skins.

You seriously need to stop posting from your phone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: