Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ - Bigger, Faster, Stronger...ANGRY!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
I've still got the same question I've had for a few weeks. Where do you play him?

Our "D" is developing some pretty good chemistry and seems to improve weekly. The nickle package with WW and Trevathan has been pretty effective. There's a long list of reasons to maintain the status quo, not juggle it at this point in the season.

If you play DJ, who do you sit and where and when does he line up? Beats the hell out of me.

And I still got the same answer> MLB.
He is bigger, faster and stronger than Brooking. If Brooking can come in with no pre-season practice yet still grab the job in a month, I see no reason why DJ will not be a better more impactful player for us at MLB before the end of the season. Is DJ a perfect fit at MLB? No. But he is certainly better than brooking.

I am beginning to wonder if there isn't a slight bias and prejudice toward DJ becos of his bone headed conduct off the field. Folks who should be intrigued are acting as if he is chop liver. I think the best thing is for DJ to get his act together, finally grow up and do his talking on the field. Make some people eat crow.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
I've still got the same question I've had for a few weeks. Where do you play him?

Our "D" is developing some pretty good chemistry and seems to improve weekly. The nickle package with WW and Trevathan has been pretty effective. There's a long list of reasons to maintain the status quo, not juggle it at this point in the season.

If you play DJ, who do you sit and where and when does he line up? Beats the hell out of me.

He is bigger, faster and stronger than Brooking. If Brooking can come in with no pre-season practice yet still grab the job in a month, I see no reason why DJ will not be a better more impactful player for us at MLB before the end of the season. Is DJ a perfect fit at MLB? No. But he is certainly better than brooking.

I am beginning to wonder if there isn't a slight bias and prejudice toward DJ becos of his bone headed conduct off the field. Folks who should be intrigued are acting as if he is chop liver. I think the best thing is for DJ to get his act together, finally grow up and do his talking on the field. Make some people eat crow.

That would be quite welcome. Especially if he can become a decent MLB, something that eluded him the 1st time.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Bias or no bias in this forum, your argumenation is reasoned. I am sold. Hate the person, but acknowledge that we could use the player. At this point - my bad if somebody made this point earlier - he resembles basically a very, very solid waiver wire pick up. Team got along with without him, but now can shore up a position group in need of depth.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denverbroncos23 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
He can't play until next week.

Who says?
His 9 game suspension Wink

It even says right there in the article you posted that he cant join the team till the 12th tomorrow is the 11th

HEY! I read what I want to...leave me alone.

Nevertheless, I like the comments. So, we have concluded that even though he doesn't like playing, MLB, that is probably where he should be.

DJ should really think about it, after already being suspended, he doesn't have a leg to stand on, in terms of where he plays on the defense. If I were him, I'd be like what do you want me to do..MLB, Tailback, run the nacho car? What?
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

You are 100% correct. However, he has had several chances to do such and has not. He is certainly bigger, faster, stronger than Brooking; no question. However, MLB isn't just physical tools. It is more mental than anyother position on defense. Denver's defense has been so good this year because they are in position. That falls on the Mike. Brooking may not be the player he was. However, he make sure every one is where they need to be and provides a leadership that the team has missed, at that spot, since Al Wilson.

Both are things that DJ is unable to provide. I'm not saying DJ can't provide value, but I don't think he is the instant impact player that some do. The LB rotations will stay the same and personally, I don't think DJ will overtake Brooking or Woodyard this season

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2664/dj-williams

Anybody else see that they restructured DJ'S contract? I wonder if they told him to take a paycut or they would let him go. Thoughts?
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

You are 100% correct. However, he has had several chances to do such and has not. He is certainly bigger, faster, stronger than Brooking; no question. However, MLB isn't just physical tools. It is more mental than anyother position on defense. Denver's defense has been so good this year because they are in position. That falls on the Mike. Brooking may not be the player he was. However, he make sure every one is where they need to be and provides a leadership that the team has missed, at that spot, since Al Wilson.

Both are things that DJ is unable to provide. I'm not saying DJ can't provide value, but I don't think he is the instant impact player that some do. The LB rotations will stay the same and personally, I don't think DJ will overtake Brooking or Woodyard this season

I agree completely. DJ's never been an "impact" player. Just a solid starter, nothing more.

I really don't detect any bias due to his "Off field" foibles. I just don't rate his on-field abilities as high as you.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read on SI.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/11/12/denver-broncos-dj-williams.ap/index.html
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ's listed on the teams webpage as the teams 3rd-string WLB. Behind Wesley Woodyard and Danny Trevathan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can agree that those of us who foresaw DJ in the middle weren't off the reservation. Brooking should be a utility linebacker for us off the bench. By season's end I pray DJ's play is so good that drafting a MLB in the first round is not a must any longer.
Teo will not fall to us and after him there isnt much- maybe about 2-3 MLB prospects worth picking between round 2-3. Also free agency does not have much to offer.

If Williams can claim the MLB position, we can wait to draft a MLB till 2nd or 3rd round and give him time to develop. Williams will not be too expensive per his off field issues. So having this guy come through at MLB would be huge for this team.
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
I think we can agree that those of us who foresaw DJ in the middle weren't off the reservation. Brooking should be a utility linebacker for us off the bench. By season's end I pray DJ's play is so good that drafting a MLB in the first round is not a must any longer.
Teo will not fall to us and after him there isnt much- maybe about 2-3 MLB prospects worth picking between round 2-3. Also free agency does not have much to offer.

If Williams can claim the MLB position, we can wait to draft a MLB till 2nd or 3rd round and give him time to develop. Williams will not be too expensive per his off field issues. So having this guy come through at MLB would be huge for this team.

Everyone talks about Teo me being one of them but I'm from California live real close to Stanford and Skov is a beast. He is a great leader and is a decent all around MLB. Probably get him around 3rd round. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Everyone talks about Teo me being one of them but I'm from California live real close to Stanford and Skov is a beast. He is a great leader and is a decent all around MLB. Probably get him around 3rd round. What do you guys think?

I have seen him a couple times this year. I dont think he is in Teo's class but he is a solid prospect better than Irving. If we could get a player like him in the 3rd- would be a great spot.
Leave Nate as VON's back up. Wesley and Danny have the weakside. If DJ and a draftee could lock up the middle- all of a sudden a position that looked like a our weakest area in defense becomes a strength next year.
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I have seen him a couple times this year. I dont think he is in Teo's class but he is a solid prospect better than Irving. If we could get a player like him in the 3rd- would be a great spot.
Leave Nate as VON's back up. Wesley and Danny have the weakside. If DJ and a draftee could lock up the middle- all of a sudden a position that looked like a our weakest area in defense becomes a strength next year.

True, but I think there is only one MLB in Teo's class this year and that Teo. Skov I believe is already more versatile than Mays and should be able to come in there and battle for the starting spot after his first year or two. Adding like you said depth for a few years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ looked solid yesterday for a guy that hasn't played at all this year. He made that one stop for a loss and I hadn't seen him that quick in a long time. Where did he come from? The middle?
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
DJ looked solid yesterday for a guy that hasn't played at all this year. He made that one stop for a loss and I hadn't seen him that quick in a long time. Where did he come from? The middle?

Mostly - he, Brooking, and Trevathan rotated in next to Woodyard. On a couple occasions Miller, Woodyard, Brooking, and Williams were on the field. Once he gets a game or two under his belt, I expect him to start in the middle with Trevathan getting some reps behind him. He looked pretty good for being out 9 games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: