Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. IV: Training Camp in Full Swing!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plush

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
was just looking at pictures from todays practice on facebook and it Looks like we brought Phil Bates back in.

What happened to that Ricardo guy?
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
was just looking at pictures from todays practice on facebook and it Looks like we brought Phil Bates back in.

What happened to that Ricardo guy?
Signed with the 49ers.

IDOG_det

#JDI
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
I don't think Tru is as bad as you guys are making it sound Laughing

Not at all lol he made a huge play last week that changed the game. He and Leroy are also the only Wiley veterans we have on defense and that count for something in my book. Tru has been making solid veteran plays for two straight weeks.

I think everyone tries to find a scapegoat for the defensive struggles, and Trufant and Bradley are the "easy" guys to blame because they aren't the star players.
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Plush wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
I don't think Tru is as bad as you guys are making it sound Laughing

Not at all lol he made a huge play last week that changed the game. He and Leroy are also the only Wiley veterans we have on defense and that count for something in my book. Tru has been making solid veteran plays for two straight weeks.

I think everyone tries to find a scapegoat for the defensive struggles, and Trufant and Bradley are the "easy" guys to blame because they aren't the star players.

Not with me. If WTIII is healthy and ready to play, I would be happy for him to play as the nickelback. Truf is struggling against athletic slot receivers. He isn't a problem, but WTIII could be an easy upgrade that we don;t have at other positions as of right now.

And after watching the past few press conferences, I feel that I have been too hard on Gus, especially in the Vikes game. He highlighted how the players weren't maintaining their gaps and weren't trusting each other because of AP's big runs.

Key problems that you have with a young defense.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty silly to ever think that Bradley has control of the players gap integrity. That's exactly the type of thing I'm talking about.

An example of a "star" player, that is getting practically no heat is Red Bryant. He does a helluva lot less than Trufant does, yet all I hear is about we need to replace Trufant. I don't want to hear that our Nickel corner is the biggest problem on a team getting gashed everywhere.
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
It was pretty silly to ever think that Bradley has control of the players gap integrity. That's exactly the type of thing I'm talking about.

An example of a "star" player, that is getting practically no heat is Red Bryant. He does a helluva lot less than Trufant does, yet all I hear is about we need to replace Trufant. I don't want to hear that our Nickel corner is the biggest problem on a team getting gashed everywhere.

I'm still not a fan of the 3rd down defense, but he is at least recognising the same things that we are complaining about.

And we don't have a guy who can supplant Big Red right now. WTIII pre-injury looked better than Truf, who has regressed since we last saw them together.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I'm still not a fan of the 3rd down defense, but he is at least recognising the same things that we are complaining about.

And we don't have a guy who can supplant Big Red right now. WTIII pre-injury looked better than Truf, who has regressed since we last saw them together.

I would have to agree with Tooki here. We don't have anyone to replace Bryant with at the moment, whilst Walt can hopefully come in a offer a younger, more athletic version of a nickel corner. Trufant definitely has the edge in experience, but he just can't stay with today's athletic slot receivers. And I remember at least 3 people in this forum criticizing Bryant heavily after the Lions game, so to say he's not getting "heat" in this forum isn't totally accurate and as time progresses more people are going to start recognizing his ineffectiveness for what it is. Hopefully Bruce Irvin can morph into JJ Watt soon and supplant Red on all downs. Not too optimistic that it will be this season though.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I would have to agree with Tooki here. We don't have anyone to replace Bryant with at the moment, whilst Walt can hopefully come in a offer a younger, more athletic version of a nickel corner. Trufant definitely has the edge in experience, but he just can't stay with today's athletic slot receivers. And I remember at least 3 people in this forum criticizing Bryant heavily after the Lions game, so to say he's not getting "heat" in this forum isn't totally accurate and as time progresses more people are going to start recognizing his ineffectiveness for what it is. Hopefully Bruce Irvin can morph into JJ Watt soon and supplant Red on all downs. Not too optimistic that it will be this season though.
Red Bryant still gets praised on TV like he's the most important player to our run D. I hate it. It's frustrating because it isn't true and really hasn't ever been the whole time he's here. He's the 2nd most important player on the DL against the run, save for maybe half the games last year.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Red Bryant still gets praised on TV like he's the most important player to our run D. I hate it. It's frustrating because it isn't true and really hasn't ever been the whole time he's here. He's the 2nd most important player on the DL against the run, save for maybe half the games last year.

That's definitely true. The media is always quick to latch on to gimmicks and slow to react to changes that prove them wrong. They stick to tried and true formulas because it's easier for them and the majority of people watching take their word as highest authority without doing their homework to know better. I always take what the announcers say with a grain of salt. To me seeing the media for what it is, is so easy. I get so bored, so fast with their un-originality and their see through manipulations. Hopefully, like I said, Bruce Irvin can step up and develop into an every down player, or at least improve enough against the run so that Red isn't playing the majority of the snaps. Or maybe Red will develop a few pass rush moves. Also, I wonder how much the coaches are holding Red back and telling him to just hold the point of attack and don't worry about getting penetration? Maybe it's partly the schemes that aren't allowing Red to make more of a difference.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Margus Hunt or Datone Jones at that spot for us next year.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidney Rice wrote:
(On what the win means going into the bye week…) “I think we started off a little sluggish in the first half, but Coach Cable came in here at halftime and made a statement that we weren’t playing Seahawk football and we need to go out and execute. So we took that and ran with it in the second half.

Food for thought.

I wonder if we will get into a situation where we need to promote Tom Cable to keep him...
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooner or later we will lose Cable. He's been a head coach, so unless he wants to be an OC for life just so he can stay close to home, he's bound to move on/up eventually.
CanadianHawk75

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how much higher you can promote Cable seeing as he already is the assistant head coach, OL coach and calling the run plays. I would hate to lose him he has done so many good things for us. But such is the nature of good NFL assistant coaches.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanadianHawk75 wrote:
Not sure how much higher you can promote Cable seeing as he already is the assistant head coach, OL coach and calling the run plays. I would hate to lose him he has done so many good things for us. But such is the nature of good NFL assistant coaches.

He's the one calling back to back dive plays for 2 yards? If that's the case, i'd rather not see him promoted.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
CanadianHawk75

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
CanadianHawk75 wrote:

He's the one calling back to back dive plays for 2 yards? If that's the case, i'd rather not see him promoted.

Don't understand why they split calls, if anything the only way to promote Cable by not naming him HC is to fire Bevell and give Cable full OC duties

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 16 of 100

Jump to: