You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New kid on the block

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indiancowboyfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: New kid on the block Reply with quote

hey was up , im the new kid that joined this forum so i can brag all i want about how cowboys will kick [inappropriate/removed] next year...

but i had a thought for the draft like what if the cowboys wouldve drafted derrick johnson at 11 and spears at 20 and then traded up for either bullocks or poole. With this draft it wouldve ended all the questions of moving to 3-4 (which i dont mind), and end all the trade possibilites of glover and ellis becuase we would still be in the 4-3 which we had the number 1 def 2 years back.

the lineup couldve looked like this

ellis ferg glover spears
johnson ngyuen james
newman ROY poole or bullocks henry

but this draft was good as is but just thinking if we woulda gone another way..either way cowboys gonna win
addy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ware and Burnett much more than Johnson and Pool, not to mention having to trade up for less talent.
west_21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit...I verbally abused my TV when the cowboys passed on DJ at #11. I was sold on him pretty good, but after seeing tape on DeMarcus Ware, I got pretty excited about him. Small school prospects usually scare me, but he's was just plain dominant! DJ was considered under-sized for what we needed and wasn't always in the right spots. I really loved the Marcus Spears pick, even though I would have been just as satisfied with Clayton at WR, then I remembered we were gonna have Glenn back and Patrick Crayton and Terrance Copper were looking pretty good at the end of last year.

Anyways, there's been a lot of worry about our WR position, but I think we have a good enough corp to survive the year barring any injuries. Glenn is still pretty quick to spread the field, Johnson has great hands. Morgan--well, I really don't like Morgan, I'd rather have AB back.
BaBoyz22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Mock Reply with quote

Welcome to the site.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

west_21, have no fear. Parcells knows how to grab amazing talent and find true depth in drafts. His history proves that. If he liked DeMarcus Ware more than DJ, so should we.

Parcells has also compared D-Ware to LT. That statement BY ITESELF makes me salivate over that pick. If Ware can be half as good as Lawrence Taylor, our pass rush off the edge will terrorize opposing offenses.
west_21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

Parcells has also compared D-Ware to LT. That statement BY ITESELF makes me salivate over that pick. If Ware can be half as good as Lawrence Taylor, our pass rush off the edge will terrorize opposing offenses.

Exactly! BP knows how to judge talent pretty good. He knew enough to trade down for JJ last year while passing up on Stephen Jackson (again, causing me to swear at the TV). After the JJ pick, I'm pretty trusting in most things BP does...except signing Testaverde...never liked that too much.
Hawkeye 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A welcome and hello to indiancowboyfan
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i myself swore drunken words at the tele when the lions took MW

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: