Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers @ Giants Gameday Thread (November 4, 2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
Win doesn't seem as impressive seeing the Bengals dismantle the Giants the way they did this week.

How much of this was good Steelers play and how much was this poor play from a declining Giants team?

Since I'm a "glass half full" kinda guy, I'll assume the best, but... Wink
the Giants just had an off day today. The bengals played great defense, giants couldn't block the bengals front 4. Dalton was on, his wrs were making outstanding plays all game.

The Giants haven't had a bye week all year. They do have one next week. It's clear they need one. I think they'll come back and go on a strong finish.

Its more than just an off week.

Eli in the last 4 games has thrown 1 TD and 6 INTs. The defense hasnt been that good either. The only reason they beat the Skins is because the Skins defense choked at the end, and they beat the Cowboys because the Cowboys turned the ball over 6 times.

This is just the Giants MO....they have a stretch pretty much every season where they are just awful.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
Win doesn't seem as impressive seeing the Bengals dismantle the Giants the way they did this week.

How much of this was good Steelers play and how much was this poor play from a declining Giants team?

Since I'm a "glass half full" kinda guy, I'll assume the best, but... Wink
the Giants just had an off day today. The bengals played great defense, giants couldn't block the bengals front 4. Dalton was on, his wrs were making outstanding plays all game.

The Giants haven't had a bye week all year. They do have one next week. It's clear they need one. I think they'll come back and go on a strong finish.

Its more than just an off week.

Eli in the last 4 games has thrown 1 TD and 6 INTs. The defense hasnt been that good either. The only reason they beat the Skins is because the Skins defense choked at the end, and they beat the Cowboys because the Cowboys turned the ball over 6 times.

This is just the Giants MO....they have a stretch pretty much every season where they are just awful.
definitely. I'm just stating they haven't had a bye, it's needed so they can regroup and finish strong like they usually do. I expect them to have a strong December and a team like the cowboys to fall apart. It basically all comes down to leadership IMO. The cowboys are lacking in that area and the giants have strong leaders and a strong head coach.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The win deff. lost some of it's luster today. The Giants were having issues before the Steelers played them but it still seemed like a quality win. Today it just seems like a game they SHOULD have won anyway. Right or wrong, that's how it feels.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of whether the win lost its luster, it really doesnt matter. A win is a win, and we still have 8 games ahead of us. Next week against the Ravens will tell us what we want to know.

Hell, the Chiefs game may do it too.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Regardless of whether the win lost its luster, it really doesnt matter. A win is a win, and we still have 8 games ahead of us. Next week against the Ravens will tell us what we want to know.

A win is a win, agreed. I just felt a little more confident in the Steeler's as a whole with such a dominating performance against a high caliber team. If the Giants are no longer playing at that level, then my confidence is reduced. With all that said, it's a win either way and in the long run it means little as to what type of win it was. In other words, my warm fuzzy feeling has gone away.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

A win is a win, agreed. I just felt a little more confident in the Steeler's as a whole with such a dominating performance against a high caliber team. If the Giants are no longer playing at that level, then my confidence is reduced. With all that said, it's a win either way and in the long run it means little as to what type of win it was. In other words, my warm fuzzy feeling has gone away.

I hear ya.

I never really had a warm and fuzzy.

Only way Ill get that is if we crush the Chiefs tomorrow and then beat Baltimore. Then I might be more sold with this team.

simonwayne wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: