Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reconstruction Mock(NEW 11/15/12)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jpt331


Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 520
Location: Sandwhich on the Sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reconstruction Mock(NEW 11/15/12) Reply with quote

Rex, Mike Pettine, Sparano, Tanny get the boot
Eric DeCosta Hired as New GM
Mike McCoy Hired as HC takes over offensive play calling
Clarence Brooks Hired as DC (34Hybrid Scheme)

Cuts:
Jason Smith
Calvin Pace
Eric Smith
Bart Scott
Tim Tebow
Vlad Ducasse

Restructures:
Mark Sanchez
David Harris
D'Brickashaw Furgeson


Trades:
Mark Sanchez to Kansas City Chiefs for a 7th round pick
Santonio Holmes to Houston Texans for a 6th round Pick

Resignings:
LaRon Landry
Yerimaih Bell
Austin Howard
Dustin Keller
Matt Slauson
Mike DeVito
Clyde Gates
Bryan Thomas(Back up Role/Vet Leadership)

Free Agency:
DE/LB Conner Barwin
OT Andre Smith
OG Leroy Harris
QB Matt Moore
RB Kevin Smith

Draft Pick Range 7:
Trade down to early midteens to pick up an extra 2rd and 4th

Round1: Damontre Moore DE/LB Texas A&M
Round2: Tyler Bray QB Tennesse
Round2: Da'Rick Rodgers WR Tennesse Tech
Round3: Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi State
Round4: Mike Gillislee RB Florida
Round4: Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
Round5: James Hurst OT UNC
Round6: Travis Bond OG UNC
Round6: Lonnie Pryor FB Florida State
Round7: Quinn Sharp P Oklahoma State
Round7: Craig Roh DE/DT Michigan

Depth Chart:

QB: Moore, Bray, McIlroy
RB: Gillislee, SMith, Powell, McKnight
FB: Pryor
WR: Hill, Rodgers, Kerley, Wilson, Gates, White
TE: Keller, Cumberland, Rueland
LT: Furgeson, Hurst
LG: Slauson, Bond
C: Mangold, Caleb
RG: Harris, Jackson
RT: Smith, Howard


LE: Coples, Roh
NT: Pouha, Ellis, Harrison
RE: Wilkerson, DeVito
LOLB: Barwin, McIntyre
MLB1: Harris, Mauga
MLB2: Davis, Bellore
ROLB: Moore, Thomas
CB: Revis, Cro, Wilson, Berry, Trufant
SS: Bell, Allen
FS: Landry, Bush
_________________


Last edited by jpt331 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19878
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murray in the 2nd round is about 3 rounds too early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3284
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our FA is kind of unrealistic and I don't know if Chip Kelly would leave Oregon to coach the Jets (he's a New England native and has close ties with Belichick). I see what you were trying to accomplish with this mock and I like where your head is at though.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 13326
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
I don't know if Chip Kelly would leave Oregon to coach the Jets (he's a New England native and has close ties with Belichick). I see what you were trying to accomplish with this mock and I like where your head is at though.


I don't think that makes a difference at all. Football is a business, if you have a chance to coach at the pros, affiliation matters very little. Remember Mangini was our coach, so was Belichick, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3284
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
skrILL wrote:
I don't know if Chip Kelly would leave Oregon to coach the Jets (he's a New England native and has close ties with Belichick). I see what you were trying to accomplish with this mock and I like where your head is at though.


I don't think that makes a difference at all. Football is a business, if you have a chance to coach at the pros, affiliation matters very little. Remember Mangini was our coach, so was Belichick, etc.

He's gonna be in such high demand if he makes himself available, he's gonna have his choice of teams. I could see him going to Carolina to work with Cam Newton.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JetsDH23


Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Posts: 56
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Jets getting rid of Rex Ryan just yet, I think they'd give him at least one more year. If he stays then Sanchez will stay because that is Rex's "Quarterback".

Really like the FA signings, but I just don't see Bowe signing with us. I would love to have Bowe on the team, I just don't see it happening.

Really like your draft. If the Jets keep Sanchez then they don't need to draft Murray, but other than that, it's solid. I like that you have them taking 2 RB's, the Jets need to revamp their entire running game and those two RB's are a good start. Also like the Marques Wilson selection, especially since we can get him in the later rounds because he left Washington St.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RDawg10


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 789
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetsDH23 wrote:
I don't see the Jets getting rid of Rex Ryan just yet, I think they'd give him at least one more year. If he stays then Sanchez will stay because that is Rex's "Quarterback".

Really like the FA signings, but I just don't see Bowe signing with us. I would love to have Bowe on the team, I just don't see it happening.

Really like your draft. If the Jets keep Sanchez then they don't need to draft Murray, but other than that, it's solid. I like that you have them taking 2 RB's, the Jets need to revamp their entire running game and those two RB's are a good start. Also like the Marques Wilson selection, especially since we can get him in the later rounds because he left Washington St.


We need offense.. as much as i love Rex, people need to realize that with Revis, there are many defensive coordinators that could continue to lead our defense into top 10 top 5 each year. We need offense thats all i can say do whatever it takes to revamp and i think its starts at the quarterback. I dont care if we have to give up 12.5 million to mark cut him. I was on board last week to keep Sanchez one more year but after today and i know Seattles got nasty secondary, but Sanchez made terrible mistakes and his accuracy was horrendous... tyler wilson may drop and if we could grab him in the second i want him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4337
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm okay with everyone not named Mangold no longer being a starter on offensenext year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich51


Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1081
Location: WPB Fl via Jc NJ
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
I'm okay with everyone not named Mangold no longer being a starter on offensenext year.


Me too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moham-17


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 3948
Location: The Boro
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many QBs with last names starting with the letter M. Try again.
_________________
JetsfanDan on Point:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
The DMV is the worst place ever. They are even more unpopular than Manish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4264
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Lacy in the second sounds a whole lot better to me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan95


Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 87
Location: Kansas City, Mo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're unbelievable for getting rid of every coach except Sparano. I don't care what you say, Sparano needs to go too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpt331


Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 520
Location: Sandwhich on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan95 wrote:
You're unbelievable for getting rid of every coach except Sparano. I don't care what you say, Sparano needs to go too


I assumed he was on a 1 year deal
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group