Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The bad, The Ugly, and the Uglier...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
There was literally no way Reggie could have improved this team talent wise. Now coaching is a different story, but I don't see how anyone but AD can get the blame for the current state of our roster, he left Reggie nothing to work with, an I mean nothing.

He couldn't do much but what he did isn't looking very good right now.

Brisiel is far from living up to his contract.
Bartell hasn't looked good at all in the 2 games he has been able to play so far.
Spencer is done for the season.
Tollefson is doing absolutely nothing.
Wheeler isn't playing good anymore.
Branch is looking like the next overpaid Raider.

We're only getting contribution from 2 rookies so far and our highest pick has finally been allowed to step on the field in the 4th quarter of a blowout in week 10, despite him playing a position where we've struggled basically all season long.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
There was literally no way Reggie could have improved this team talent wise. Now coaching is a different story, but I don't see how anyone but AD can get the blame for the current state of our roster, he left Reggie nothing to work with, an I mean nothing.

Nail in the coffin was Jackson's desperate Palmer trade. Don't forget that. That left Reggie without a 1st round pick to add much needed talent.

Bittersweet because imagine what this team would be right now without Palmer. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Bartell hasn't looked good at all in the 2 games he has been able to play so far.

We're only getting contribution from 2 rookies so far and our highest pick has finally been allowed to step on the field in the 4th quarter of a blowout in week 10, despite him playing a position where we've struggled basically all season long.

So it's Reggies fault his 2 FA signings at CB got injured? Jury is still out on Bartell. Give him time to settle in. He was out the entire 2011 season, came back 1 game and is now back again. Hardly had a chance to get back into game shape.

The rest I agree on to some extent. But the overlying issue is the lack of pass rush. That exposes guys like Branch in the secondary. They can't get to the QB and it shows as they are able to dice the secondary up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

But my thing is, how often do more than 2 late round rookies make an impact in their first season? I agree in hindsight the signings don't look great (jury is still out on some), but at the time with the limited resources he had, I think he did a good job. Unfortunately they just haven't panned out the way we would've liked but i'm curious to see what he does now that we have high draft picks and some money to work with.

At least he notices the issues, it seems like he makes some sort of move every week. I know everyone wants him to find that diamond in the rough, but lets face it, there is no elite talent out there on the waiver wire, and how often does that really happen? There's was pretty much no way we could've brought in any top tier free agents this past off season.

Our major issue right now is coaching, which falls on RM and DA, and needs to be fixed somehow. But that'll happen with a rookie head coach, you gotta learn somehow...
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nail in the coffin was Jackson's desperate Palmer trade. Don't forget that. That left Reggie without a 1st round pick to add much needed talent.

Bittersweet because imagine what this team would be right now without Palmer.

Campbell was having a nice year until he got hurt. Jackson sold out last year for Palmer just for a chance to get to the playoffs.

If we didn't trade for Palmer and played the year out we still don't make the playoffs, but come into this year with our draft picks and a decent starting a QB in Campbell.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
^^ Couldn't wait to pile it on Wheeler. He's not great, but he is far from being a player who needs to be cut. He's been one of the better players on defense despite today.

You say that like this was his only bad game.

No point in cutting him, but he ain't coming back.

Why isn't he coming back? They could extend him for a value contract. He's a role player. YOu have to have those. Not every player can be a start and he's one of the better players on defense.

I agree. Considering he signed here for a 1 year contract, we should still be able to bring him back for a reasonable deal to at least give us depth.

Exactly. And you can't fix the entire roster in 1 offseason, so you need some holdovers.

I'd rather have a guy like Daryl Smith or Erin Henderson or draft another OLB. I don't like Wheeler as a starter. Depth? Sure.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

But my thing is, how often do more than 2 late round rookies make an impact in their first season? I agree in hindsight the signings don't look great (jury is still out on some), but at the time with the limited resources he had, I think he did a good job. Unfortunately they just haven't panned out the way we would've liked but i'm curious to see what he does now that we have high draft picks and some money to work with.

At least he notices the issues, it seems like he makes some sort of move every week. I know everyone wants him to find that diamond in the rough, but lets face it, there is no elite talent out there on the waiver wire, and how often does that really happen? There's was pretty much no way we could've brought in any top tier free agents this past off season.

Our major issue right now is coaching, which falls on RM and DA, and needs to be fixed somehow. But that'll happen with a rookie head coach, you gotta learn somehow...

As i am. This is too soon to come to conclusions about this new regime but it doesn't mean we can't assess what has been done so far. And so far, it's not that impressive.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are funny talking about 17th pick in the first round like it would've made a difference. Hue still would've been fired.The coaching will still suck. The Raiders will be in a worse situation with out Palmer.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Bittersweet because imagine what this team would be right now without Palmer.

Campbell was having a nice year until he got hurt. Jackson sold out last year for Palmer just for a chance to get to the playoffs.

If we didn't trade for Palmer and played the year out we still don't make the playoffs, but come into this year with our draft picks and a decent starting a QB in Campbell.
That sounds much better to me even if we drafted Tannehill, Chandler jones, or Janoris Jenkins.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
You guys are funny talking about 17th pick in the first round like it would've made a difference. Hue still would've been fired.The coaching will still suck. The Raiders will be in a worse situation with out Palmer.
No way its the 17th pick it would have been top 10 probably could have picked Claiborne. 17th? Really with Boller and Pryor? No way.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

With exception to Brisiel, all those 1 year contracts Reggie gave out are looking pretty smart right now.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Why are you under the impression that McKenzie has 2013 money to play with? or multiple high draft picks?

The Raiders have one more season to squeeze out the poison . . . . . at least. Sorry. Crying or Very sad
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

He finally played? I didn't watch the 4th. Where did he play and how did he look?

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

He finally played? I didn't watch the 4th. Where did he play and how did he look?

RT. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the game at that point but he seemed to hold his own in pass protection.
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i the only one with a huge hatred for matt giordano??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: