Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chip Kelly
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raider808hawaii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Chip Kelly Reply with quote

No Patience.
We already have no defense...
Fire Knapp, DA, & bring in Kelly.
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overreaction much? DA has to be given more time. Do you want to go back to canning people year after year? We need continuity. Not everything will be fixed in one year.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind him as OC. I don't like him as a HC. Plus I still like Allen.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate him and don't think his scheme would work in the NFL. So this notion is foolish in my eyes.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I hate him and don't think his scheme would work in the NFL. So this notion is foolish in my eyes.

His scheme would work in the NFL. He's smart and adaptable. He's not the type to force something that doesn't work. When he becomes a coach in the NFL, he will be fantastic.

Also. Go Ducks!! Mariota is the best QB in the Pac 12 and you can suck it SC fans.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

Why? We have the speed. New England has run the same tempo this year with great success.

Dennis Allen hasnt shown me anything, in Oakland or in Denver. All he has shown us is regression.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
His scheme would work in the NFL. He's smart and adaptable. He's not the type to force something that doesn't work. When he becomes a coach in the NFL, he will be fantastic.

Correct!! Chip Kelly is an excellent coach and will be in the NFL. I would love toy have the guy, he has fire and will step on the gas pedal.

Allen is way over his head. To be fair he was put in a position to fail this year, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Today was embarrassing. Mike Briesel is a fat clumsy oaf. What a waste.

Palmer made some nice throws today, but also his usual bad plays too. Does he not see massive 290 plus pound lineman waiting knock the ball down? He's tough though gets up after every hit and he's doing it without a real running game, but still don't feel confident as our franchise QB.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
Overreaction much? DA has to be given more time. Do you want to go back to canning people year after year? We need continuity. Not everything will be fixed in one year.

Or nothing will be fixed
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Also. Go Ducks!! Mariota is the best QB in the Pac 12 and you can suck it SC fans.

+1 on both accounts. Mariota is the man. Chip's offense wouldn't translate, but like you said he would adapt it and change it however he needed to. From playbook to practice, the guy is a great football mind.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as this thread is a waste because Chip Kelly isn't coming to Oakland and I doubt Reggie is ready to give up on his hand picked HC Allen, let's talk about OC candidates.

Who is out there that could help. Honestly, I think Allen needs a top flight guy to call the offense.

Norv Turner would top my list. He's a great play caller and the talent Oakland has is taylor made for him.

Likely wishful thinking. After him, I"m not sure what is even out there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head coaching change is wishful thinking, like BP said.

Lack of patience is what got us in this mess to begin with. 10 years of lack of patience, coaching changes, player changes, led to a lack of stability and accountability. A down year with stability and accountability might be just what this team needs. Reggie will bring in the necessary competition at needed positions and let the players battle it out while the coaches coach them up.

Given our history, it's tough to say- "but just wait another year or year and a half...". But that's exactly what we're going to have to do. And it's nice for a change. And never start a sentence with a preposition.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Seeing as this thread is a waste because Chip Kelly isn't coming to Oakland and I doubt Reggie is ready to give up on his hand picked HC Allen, let's talk about OC candidates.

Who is out there that could help. Honestly, I think Allen needs a top flight guy to call the offense.

Norv Turner would top my list. He's a great play caller and the talent Oakland has is taylor made for him.

Andy Reid?
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Andy Reid?

Getting Ried or Turner would be the biggest coordinator upgrade in league history. lol
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip Kelly Reply with quote

raider808hawaii wrote:
No Patience.
We already have no defense...
Fire Knapp, DA, & bring in Kelly.

U made me chuckle at least . . . .

If DA got whacked at the conclusion of the season, it would be a serious red flag to McKenzie's competence. I believe there is a reason McKenzie went young, it's because the Davis family has a huge tax burden looming and want to keep the labor costs low. In addition, it provides DA with job security because, imvho, the owner isn't in a position to be buying people out of their contracts. Maybe there will be a staff shake up a la Laker's Mike Brown, indicating win or else in 2013. I could see the Raiders pursuing Norv or Mornhinweg (iirc, Reid calls the plays in Philly and Marty only did it in 2006 & 2007).
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Andy Reid?

Getting Ried or Turner would be the biggest coordinator upgrade in league history. lol

I'd be scared our offense wouldn't change that much. Neither team runs the ball that much and their average yards per rush isn't that that high. Plus Philly is inflated with Vick out there. And their philosophies don't completely line up with the assumed scheme Allen wants to run: mostly Ball Control with ZBS/WCO. Specifically the ball control part.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: