Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Poll of the week - Scrabble vs DRC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you could only keep one CB, it would be....?
Nnamdi Asomugha
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 17

marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Not really worth a new thread, but......

...if we franchised DRC, and a team came in early offering a 1st round pick say - would you trade him?

Yes, without a question.

I like DRC, but if that 1st turned into an OLB for a 34 and we were able to draft a new QB then I wouldn't hate it. We're gonna be a 2 year rebuild here anyways if its a 34 we go to. Might as well take Wilson-Montgomery/Moore/Jordan/Mingo-Rogers then that would be one hell of a coup in a rebuild.

My thoughts exactly - we can always sign someone else to play opposite Asomugha

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on where that 1st round pick sits in the draft IMO.

Personally, I wouldn't move him for a late 1st.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:

Agreed. Also I would prefer to know who was on the board, the trade would go down on draft day.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people were surprised that DRC spoke up at the players only meeting. Could he be a leader for the future? I don't believe Nnamdi spoke.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/11/02/drc-coming/

Quote:
As such, it caught some of his teammates off guard when he spoke up at Wednesday’s players-only meeting.

“Yeah, because I don’t really say much. I’m not into the talking game,” said Rodgers-Cromartie on Friday. “I just believe in going out and playing ball, regardless of what goes on. Not a lot to be said.”

Quote:
So why choose to talk at the meeting?

“It was a team thing. I’m part of a team. So I felt like if I speak, guys would listen. I didn’t speak on much; I just said, ‘Let’s just play ball and see where that gets us.’”

Quote:
Is he turning into a leader?

“Same role. I’m not this team’s leader,” said Rodgers-Cromartie. “That’s DeMeco Ryans. That’s the guy that’s going to get you out there, get you fired up, talk. I’m just the guy that’s going to play ball. No matter the circumstances, whether we’re doing good or doing bad I’m just going to keep lining up and playing.”

Ryans and Rodgers-Cromartie have arguably been the two best players on defense for the Eagles through seven games. DRC has been targeted 37 times and yielded just 17 receptions (46 percent), per Pro Football Focus. Opposing quarterbacks have a rating of just 41.8 when throwing in his direction. He might be on track for his second Pro-Bowl bid, and it comes in a contract year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:

yeah....it'd have to be a top 15 pick for me....its hard to find CBs of DRC's caliber. And it would mean Boykin is our 2nd CB and wed need two more corners (I'm assuming Hughes is gone cause he sucks....so wed basically be left with 32(i think) year old Aso, Boykin, and Marsh.

BUT we could use those two firsts to trade for the first/second pick/whatever pi k it is to get Geno Smith.

Trading DRC is kind of intriguing....because I feeel like a team like Detroit or Tampa would give up a lot to get him.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beside Detroit game, when have Hughes "Sucked"? He was solid against the Giants and is a solid ST'er.

And he can play both outside and slot.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: