Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hue Jackson/New Regime
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTuckRule

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we kept Hue and gave him absolute power over the team we'd be a playoff contender right now.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new gm = new staff. McKenzie wanted to clean house and get his own people in the fo and he wanted his own HC. I liked Hue a lot but i understand why he was let go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/02/hue-jackson-is-pissed-at-team-wants-more-power/

Quote:
Weíve been hearing increasing chatter via our network of sources regarding a growing perception among players that Jacksonís power in the wake of the passing of owner Al Davis has gone to Jacksonís head. Itís believed within the locker room that Jackson is running the show; as one league source explained it, some players believe Jackson isnít qualified to have that much power.

Punctuating the quietly growing sense of resentment was a team meeting from Saturday night in which Jackson warned players that heís already looking at free agents and that he wonít hesitate to cut current members of the team and replace them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/07/hues-honeymoon-is-over/

Quote:
ē "The Raiders better get (a GM) in place quick or Hue Jackson is going to (mess) that roster up. I don't like any move he has made yet. Aaron Curry is not a pass rusher, and he does not have the instincts to play inside. He is a "Sam" linebacker in a 4-3 defense only. Those are dime-a-dozen guys. They come off the field in nickel and dime. It's a death position. You can't pay it. Ö No one was willing to give up anything near what (Jackson) gave for Carson Palmer. He is trading the future (and) trying to do everything he can to win now. Itís such a short-sighted approach ó thatís why very few head coaches can handle personnel. They are too emotionally-vested. If Iím Amy Trask, Iím not waiting until after the season.

Quote:
ē According to a source, some veterans were skeptical of Raiders head coach Hue Jackson's decision to allow MLB Rolando McClain to play in Week 13 against the Dolphins. McClain had missed the entire week of practice leading up to the game, as he was away from the team while attending his grandfather's funeral. While away, the second-year pro was also arrested on assault and weapons charges. Though McClain led the team in tackles in that game vs. Miami, the rest of the defense didn't play well, and the source states that Jackson's credibility in the locker room among veterans took a hit by not sitting the linebacker following his off-field issues.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/12/11/jacksons-credibility-takes-hit-in-raiders-locker-r

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Behind-the-Shield-Online-01-01-12/f84b1223-e3ba-46f3-9b1a-0f5ba921b60c

12:40 did him in. Hue oversteps his bounds and made some strong assumptions that the Al Davis thinktank, consisting of Madden and Wolf among others, didn't like and felt ominous of what was to come.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/02/hue-jackson-is-pissed-at-team-wants-more-power/

Quote:
Weíve been hearing increasing chatter via our network of sources regarding a growing perception among players that Jacksonís power in the wake of the passing of owner Al Davis has gone to Jacksonís head. Itís believed within the locker room that Jackson is running the show; as one league source explained it, some players believe Jackson isnít qualified to have that much power.

Punctuating the quietly growing sense of resentment was a team meeting from Saturday night in which Jackson warned players that heís already looking at free agents and that he wonít hesitate to cut current members of the team and replace them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/07/hues-honeymoon-is-over/

Quote:
ē "The Raiders better get (a GM) in place quick or Hue Jackson is going to (mess) that roster up. I don't like any move he has made yet. Aaron Curry is not a pass rusher, and he does not have the instincts to play inside. He is a "Sam" linebacker in a 4-3 defense only. Those are dime-a-dozen guys. They come off the field in nickel and dime. It's a death position. You can't pay it. Ö No one was willing to give up anything near what (Jackson) gave for Carson Palmer. He is trading the future (and) trying to do everything he can to win now. Itís such a short-sighted approach ó thatís why very few head coaches can handle personnel. They are too emotionally-vested. If Iím Amy Trask, Iím not waiting until after the season.

Quote:
ē According to a source, some veterans were skeptical of Raiders head coach Hue Jackson's decision to allow MLB Rolando McClain to play in Week 13 against the Dolphins. McClain had missed the entire week of practice leading up to the game, as he was away from the team while attending his grandfather's funeral. While away, the second-year pro was also arrested on assault and weapons charges. Though McClain led the team in tackles in that game vs. Miami, the rest of the defense didn't play well, and the source states that Jackson's credibility in the locker room among veterans took a hit by not sitting the linebacker following his off-field issues.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/12/11/jacksons-credibility-takes-hit-in-raiders-locker-r

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Behind-the-Shield-Online-01-01-12/f84b1223-e3ba-46f3-9b1a-0f5ba921b60c

12:40 did him in. Hue oversteps his bounds and made some strong assumptions that the Al Davis thinktank, consisting of Madden and Wolf among others, didn't like and felt ominous of what was to come.

And once again Hue was right most of these losers should be cut. They should be worried about there jobs
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTuckRule wrote:
If we kept Hue and gave him absolute power over the team we'd be a playoff contender right now.

With no draft picks or cap space...... Please. Remember this is the guy that ran off Hagan for an over the hill Housh, gave up 2 high draft picks for Palmer among other dumb moves.

Hue would have collapsed this team. They suck on talent and that would show with any HC.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TheTuckRule wrote:

With no draft picks or cap space...... Please. Remember this is the guy that ran off Hagan for an over the hill Housh, gave up 2 high draft picks for Palmer among other dumb moves.

Hue would have collapsed this team. They suck on talent and that would show with any HC.

Some of you guys don't like looking to past seasons, but come on. We're better then what we've shown on O.

Jackson would have been terrible if he continued on as GM. But is that what he wanted to do?
wizardg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very clear that firing Hue was a huge mistake.

I understand why we did it. But firing him to hire someone who'd never coached in addition to hiring a first time GM was a big risk. And it bit us.

We'd been 8-8 twice based on Hue's offense.

Canning him was actually done because of others egos. Reggie and Madden (I won one super bowl with Al's hand firmly planted in the back of my shirt) lol.

Flores won 2. That's another topic.

Chances for black coaches are few and far in between. And Hue wasn't just a black man coaching in the NFL. He was a rarer entity. He was a black offensive coach which to my knowledge he is only the second black coach to run his teams offense.
How many black OCs are in the NFL now? Probably none.

Rooney rule (which should have been called the Al Davis rule) is in place for a real reason.

I' ve just realized that part of my love for the Raiders was because all was the fairest leader in the league. Black, jail time, quirky, has been, if you could play Al gave you a chance.

The instant Al died the playing field became more unlevel.

Hue was brilliant.

And now we are garbage.

Nothing to debate.

Except how long the unholy trinity of Reggie, Allen, and our bum OC last.

Lol
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wizardg wrote:
It's very clear that firing Hue was a huge mistake.

I understand why we did it. But firing him to hire someone who'd never coached in addition to hiring a first time GM was a big risk. And it bit us.

We'd been 8-8 twice based on Hue's offense.

Canning him was actually done because of others egos. Reggie and Madden (I won one super bowl with Al's hand firmly planted in the back of my shirt) lol.

Flores won 2. That's another topic.

Chances for black coaches are few and far in between. And Hue wasn't just a black man coaching in the NFL. He was a rarer entity. He was a black offensive coach which to my knowledge he is only the second black coach to run his teams offense.
How many black OCs are in the NFL now? Probably none.

Rooney rule (which should have been called the Al Davis rule) is in place for a real reason.

I' ve just realized that part of my love for the Raiders was because all was the fairest leader in the league. Black, jail time, quirky, has been, if you could play Al gave you a chance.

The instant Al died the playing field became more unlevel.

Hue was brilliant.

And now we are garbage.

Nothing to debate.

Except how long the unholy trinity of Reggie, Allen, and our bum OC last.

Lol

Im not sure what you are getting at here but you do know that our GM who holds a higher position than HC is black right?

Also they let McClain stay on the team, no?

Yes the results are not what we expected and I was always a huge AD supporter, however this is how most teams do it. But I do expect at least a winning season next year.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TheTuckRule wrote:

Some of you guys don't like looking to past seasons, but come on. We're better then what we've shown on O.

Jackson would have been terrible if he continued on as GM. But is that what he wanted to do?

Um yes. And he said as much. He wanted more power and control. Dude went on a power trip. You could literally feel him do a 180 after Davis died.

We were better on O. But that wouldn't have mattered w/ the defense failing last year, this year, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TheTuckRule wrote:

Um yes. And he said as much. He wanted more power and control. Dude went on a power trip. You could literally feel him do a 180 after Davis died.

We were better on O. But that wouldn't have mattered w/ the defense failing last year, this year, etc.

I didn't know he wanted to continue on as GM. I thought he wanted to aid in the search.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wizardg wrote:

Hue was brilliant.

So brilliant he's coaching DB's in Cincy right?

8-8 is meaningless. Even w/ Hue the team was going to get worse before it got better until the defense was addressed.

Also, I love how many forget that Jackson's offense would struggle in the red zone and 2nd half. Many chances to put games away and they couldn't get it done.

How are people forgetting this?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Hue was brilliant.

8-8 is meaningless. Even w/ Hue the team was going to get worse before it got better until the defense was addressed.

Also, I love how many forget that Jackson's offense would struggle in the red zone and 2nd half. Many chances to put games away and they couldn't get it done.

In his 2nd season, it's hard to fault him too much when Palmer was coming in mid-season and Bush started wearing down. And it was the defense that couldn't put games away.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Hue was brilliant.

In his 2nd season, it's hard to fault him too much when Palmer was coming in mid-season and Bush started wearing down. And it was the defense that couldn't put games away.

The offense couldn't score late in games and often struggled in the red zone. If we are going to praise his offense, let''s not be blind to it's short comings.

The defense sucked, but the offense had chances to put the foot on teams throats and they didn't respond.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Hue was brilliant.

The offense couldn't score late in games and often struggled in the red zone. If we are going to praise his offense, let''s not be blind to it's short comings.

The defense sucked, but the offense had chances to put the foot on teams throats and they didn't respond.

Yeah, but I gave reasons as to why that might have been. Palmer said he knew something like barely half of the playbook by the time the season was over, so he was learning on the go. McFadden lead the league in rushing before going down too, so I'm sure he would have helped.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
wizardg wrote:

Hue was brilliant.

Yeah, but I gave reasons as to why that might have been. Palmer said he knew something like barely half of the playbook by the time the season was over, so he was learning on the go. McFadden lead the league in rushing before going down too, so I'm sure he would have helped.

So they can score in the first half and not the second? So because of Palmer's unfamiliarity w/ the offense they were only good for 2 quarters? Seems legit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: