Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Crennel's New Fumbles Doctrine!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Crennel's New Fumbles Doctrine! Reply with quote

From todays presser which you can see HERE

Romeo on how to get his team to take better care of the football (@ roughly the 4:05 mark)

Quote:
.. and so sometimes.. to get that done, you basically have to threaten them.. alright.. and so if you fumble it I'm going to take you out of the game.....(stuttering) and now then they will get the message

My take is similar to many others already responding in the twitterverse, see you Monday Stanzi!

Think Crennel will hold true on this or lose all his remaining credibility by not doing it?

Later he kinda backtracked by explaining if JC fumbles and then stands over by him on the sideline.. he'll put him back in. Lol thats what he said.. stands by him.

The whole presser is so sad listening to him.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Crennel's New Doctrine! Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Think Crennel will hold true on this or lose all his remaining credibility by not doing it?

He will lose it. I doubt he sticks to his guns.

This is a win or lose scenario. Like he said he is going to stand up and back JC if he fumbles. Will he do the same with Bowe as well? Or will he just do it to the lesser of the starters.

This will either win the locker room for him or cut all ties with players for him. If we had a bigger veteran presence then i could see it working, but we don't.
samsel23

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if we have enough QB's for this Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's a difference between being benched for a game or maybe a series or two. I would think the later would be for one fumble. Two might get you the rest of the game.

My question is will this apply to INT's?

^ryknowssd on the sig
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Well, there's a difference between being benched for a game or maybe a series or two. I would think the later would be for one fumble. Two might get you the rest of the game.

I think so - later in the presser he commented about deciding who's fault it was on tipped balls or something. I forget but basically he said he would decide and then bench that guy.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be funny to watch a first time fumbler get punished. Can you also imagine what it will be like if Charles gets a 30 yard run up the middle, fumbles it towards the endzone, Bowe recovers for the TD, and Charles has to sit on the bench the rest of the game?

This is just not a good coaching move. Fire Pioli and Crennel ASAP. How can you fire Haley for going 5-8, (When like 4 of those games were with TYLER PALKO, and basically all of the games were without Charles, Berry, and Moeaki) but be confident in Crennel when he has our team (with less injuries and more added talent) at 1-7?

Man, I'm starting to hate this team.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

I think so - later in the presser he commented about deciding who's fault it was on tipped balls or something. I forget but basically he said he would decide and then bench that guy.

I really think Crennel is at a loss as to how to get this team on the right track. He just seems to be bumbling and stumbling along.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Kcpre

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Going to be funny to watch a first time fumbler get punished. Can you also imagine what it will be like if Charles gets a 30 yard run up the middle, fumbles it towards the endzone, Bowe recovers for the TD, and Charles has to sit on the bench the rest of the game?

This is just not a good coaching move. Fire Pioli and Crennel ASAP. How can you fire Haley for going 5-8, (When like 4 of those games were with TYLER PALKO, and basically all of the games were without Charles, Berry, and Moeaki) but be confident in Crennel when he has our team (with less injuries and more added talent) at 1-7?

That's not really what he was saying. He specifically mentioned Jamaal sayin if he fumbles he'd pretty much only be out a series or maybe even a few plays.

Also I get the impression that it's strictly based on turnovers, so if the Chiefs recover their own fumble it's a non issue.

I pretty much agree with everything else you said. I dont think it's a bad coaching move, but that should be your mindset from day 1. Turnovers are not accectable, if you commit turnovers your [inappropriate/removed] is on the bench. It shouldn't be a story going into game 9
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be funny tosee the Offense get on the field with 8-9 guys only because anyone else has been benched for fumbling, throwing interceptions, tipping balls, or snapping the ball forward.

Can't wait to see Albert playing QB just to be benched the next play.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcpre wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

That's not really what he was saying. He specifically mentioned Jamaal sayin if he fumbles he'd pretty much only be out a series or maybe even a few plays.

Also I get the impression that it's strictly based on turnovers, so if the Chiefs recover their own fumble it's a non issue.

I pretty much agree with everything else you said. I dont think it's a bad coaching move, but that should be your mindset from day 1. Turnovers are not accectable, if you commit turnovers your [inappropriate/removed] is on the bench. It shouldn't be a story going into game 9

The big Crennel failing here is speaking this doctrine out loud. First it paints him as accepting this in some form till now and trying this and second - you bring a ton of scrutiny because now everyone is grading you on your PUBLIC VOICED PUNISHMENT.

Should kept his plans in house and should have started getting "serious" about fumbles before 1-7!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Kcpre wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

The big Crennel failing here is speaking this doctrine out loud. First it paints him as accepting this in some form till now and trying this and second - you bring a ton of scrutiny because now everyone is grading you on your PUBLIC VOICED PUNISHMENT.

Should kept his plans in house and should have started getting "serious" about fumbles before 1-7!

+1. Exactly. For a coach that really doesn't have too much to say that is worth saying, he said too much.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Piquel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/romeo-rule-chiefs-bench-player-turns-ball-over-204800363--nfl.html

This has made Yahoo front page on a week we play Monday night. Rolling Eyes This should turn out well.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very bad idea. This will only make the QB be even more cautious with his throws...now we have to persevere through even more checkdowns....and I thought Romeo was talking about trying to give Baldwin more opportunities.

Why stop at TO's? Why not bench the QB if he misses an open WR on 3rd down or what about missed tackles, missed blocks, and penalties...you should come out for all of it, we'd be constantly rotating.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: