Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Todd Herremans on Injury Reserve
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
McNabb2Maclin


Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Posts: 5573
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
McNabb2Maclin wrote:
Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Jesus. Pretty much sums up the first eight games of the season. What very little chance we might have had just went out the window.

Dunlap, Mathis, Reynolds, Valdeverde, Kelly

For the love of god that looks Horrific from what was there in 2011

Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Watkins, Herremans


Exactly, and it's not about the individual players on the line either.
This line can't play cohesive football and that's the worst part of it.


Eh, it is about the individual players.

A few of the pressures on Monday nights were about communicaiton, but it was mostly just the Fatty watching Dennis Kelly and Demetrious Bell getting ABUSED 1 on 1 without giving any RB/TE help.



I will take 5 average linemen who play as a unit than a mix of above average and average who have no chemistry.


completely agreed. Just so happens that we have 4 talentless scrubs who have no chemistry Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35818
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a little bit about Torn Tendon, is takes some time to recover, but he should be ready for TC with ease.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48809
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Herremans-To-IR-Vandervelde-Activated/0e30b155-6bd8-4d1f-940d-c811afc9d3cd
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ZBerm
Quote:
Just heard comprehensive explanation of Herremans' injury. It's a disclosed bone, several fractures, ligament and tendon damage.
Quote:
It's a very rare injury. Eagles trainer Rick Burkholder has only known of two previous issues. Todd will be in a boot for at least 8 weeks.
Quote:
But the injury is not career threatening. Also, it could have been Lisfranc, which would have been worse
Quote:
Bottom line -- injury is not good, very rare, could have been worse, Todd is expected to be back for training camp. Still, major blow for OL

_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48809
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get better soon Todd.

I hope he is back at guard next year, tbh.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35818
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I hope he is back at guard next year, tbh.


LT in the 1st and the other guys come back healthy and we could look at a very good Oline once they gel.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48809
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
I hope he is back at guard next year, tbh.


LT in the 1st and the other guys come back healthy and we could look at a very good Oline once they gel.


Just have to hope and pray that our guys can stay healthy. Are most teams able to retain their starting line? Maybe lose 1 guy? How do we lose four?
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35818
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
I hope he is back at guard next year, tbh.


LT in the 1st and the other guys come back healthy and we could look at a very good Oline once they gel.


Just have to hope and pray that our guys can stay healthy. Are most teams able to retain their starting line? Maybe lose 1 guy? How do we lose four?


Bad luck
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7702
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just close this thread and rename it Todd Herremans to IR.
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkb77


Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posts: 1544
Location: Holland, PA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks to see that hes gone for the year but next year he has to be back at Guard, I think we all can agree he's not a Tackle. Put him back at Guard where he will perform best.
_________________

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48809
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkb77 wrote:
This sucks to see that hes gone for the year but next year he has to be back at Guard, I think we all can agree he's not a Tackle. Put him back at Guard where he will perform best.


I think it's a shame that we've forced him to play tackle when we know he's an awesome guard.

If they all get healthy...

Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Herremens-???

Doesn't look like a bad line if we can fill that spot.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabb2Maclin


Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Posts: 5573
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
bkb77 wrote:
This sucks to see that hes gone for the year but next year he has to be back at Guard, I think we all can agree he's not a Tackle. Put him back at Guard where he will perform best.


I think it's a shame that we've forced him to play tackle when we know he's an awesome guard.

If they all get healthy...

Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Herremens-???

Doesn't look like a bad line if we can fill that spot.


He was a good guard, but let's not act like he was some kind of All-Pro. Some of us were actually calling for him to be swung to RT because he wasn't getting push in the run game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48809
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabb2Maclin wrote:
Phire wrote:
bkb77 wrote:
This sucks to see that hes gone for the year but next year he has to be back at Guard, I think we all can agree he's not a Tackle. Put him back at Guard where he will perform best.


I think it's a shame that we've forced him to play tackle when we know he's an awesome guard.

If they all get healthy...

Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Herremens-???

Doesn't look like a bad line if we can fill that spot.


He was a good guard, but let's not act like he was some kind of All-Pro. Some of us were actually calling for him to be swung to RT because he wasn't getting push in the run game.


Not saying he's an all-pro, but Eagles fans are always complaining about something.

And I remember the story a bit differently.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-01-20-all-joe-team_N.htm
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7702
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Not saying he's an all-pro, but Eagles fans are always complaining about something.

And I remember the story a bit differently.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-01-20-all-joe-team_N.htm


Def. coord.: Jim Johnson, Phi. Crafty old blitzer restored Eagles defensive intensity.
DE: Trent Cole, Phi. Plays in the opponent's backfield
DT: Mike Patterson, Phi. He and Broderick Bunkley anchored the inside for a defense that allowed 92.5 rushing yards a game. A shared honor here.
CB: Sheldon Brown, Phi. Seven-year vet has played in 96 consecutive games, third-most as his position among active players
S: Quintin Mikell, Phi. Now the equal of backfield mate Brian Dawkins


On another note, Long snapper: Chris Massey, St. Louis. One bad snap in eight years and also gets downfield to make tackles on punt coverage team. <--- Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group