Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can Peyton help ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see if Denver adds another vet RB. Willis can't keep this level of play up can he? I knew when Denver signed him last season he would do great for you. Always been a big fan.

To answer the question, yes. Manning's presence signals to other FA a chance to go to the Superbowl. I could see some 1 year contracts thrown out on some vet players.

I've been humbled my Manning. Really on another level right now. I didn't think he'd be this good, this quickly. You really can't put into perspective on how damn smart Manning is. He might play to 45 simply because of his knowledge for this game. It's the little nuances in his game that make the Oline better, the WRs better... hell the defense better.

Denver IMO is a couple pieces away from really bringing it all together. Manning can help get that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if the Broncos fall short of the Super Bowl, vets will pilgrimage to Denver thinking they are the missing link to getting to, and winning, the Super Bowl.

During Denver's hay day it seemed like veterans were taking less money to play in Denver, Neil Smith, Michael Dean Perry, Darien Gorden, and others were eager to get a ring.

With that said, I fully anticipate players like Wes Welker signing with Denver. Because his farts are like Manning's farts, and Manning's farts are like Welker's farts, and they both are a lot like Broncos farts, which aren't close to being like dog farts.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
It will be interesting to see if Denver adds another vet RB. Willis can't keep this level of play up can he? I knew when Denver signed him last season he would do great for you. Always been a big fan.

To answer the question, yes. Manning's presence signals to other FA a chance to go to the Superbowl. I could see some 1 year contracts thrown out on some vet players.

I've been humbled my Manning. Really on another level right now. I didn't think he'd be this good, this quickly. You really can't put into perspective on how damn smart Manning is. He might play to 45 simply because of his knowledge for this game. It's the little nuances in his game that make the Oline better, the WRs better... hell the defense better.

Denver IMO is a couple pieces away from really bringing it all together. Manning can help get that.

So, back on the Broncos bandwagon....suprise !!!

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
dazbroncos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

2 things....

BP admitting humility. True kudos to you.

Whilst PM has been outstanding, and he has, the play of those around him has also lifted.

OL has been excellent giving him time and room to step up.
RB's have been successful gaining yards and thus helping the passing game.
WR have been great catching most things....

Very impressive thus far...

Go Broncos
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

You bore me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

You bore me

Yeah, well I love it when you struggle with your Raider homerism, it must pain you to give kudos to the superior Bronco rivals ...and yet you seem to enjoy it Think Applause

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

You bore me

Yeah, well I love it when you struggle with your Raider homerism, it must pain you to give kudos to the superior Bronco rivals ...and yet you seem to enjoy it Think Applause

I wouldnt consider him a homer saying Raiders suck constantly and saying Chargers will win the division. Laughing

But yeah vets will sign where good teams are. Having a Manning will always help.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Elway and Manning came to us from the Colts. How many years will it take for Andrew Luck to become a Bronco?
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

We could still use a couple of pieces as you say, but for the 1st time in over a decade we really do fit into that "any given Sunday" mold.

Not just PM, but huge improvements on D, Von taking his game to another level, and a ST group that with a returner is looking like one of the leagues best in all categories.

Lots of great player development, and great coaching on all levels.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Just wondering BP, but what pieces are we missing before putting it all together? Depth at WR scares me a good deal, but outside of that we are playing outstanding football in all 3 phases of the game...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interior offensive lineman. Middle linebacker. Wide receiver. Defensive tackle. It's annoying when people come at bp when he makes good points. I'm obviously high on the broncos, as everyone else is, but lets not forget we have not beaten any legit contenders. Unless you think the steelers are legit. In which case you are probably reaching.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Interior offensive lineman. Middle linebacker. Wide receiver. Defensive tackle. It's annoying when people come at bp when he makes good points. I'm obviously high on the broncos, as everyone else is, but lets not forget we have not beaten any legit contenders. Unless you think the steelers are legit. In which case you are probably reaching.

I am not going to into who have have the Broncos beaten case to show that the Broncos aren't where they need to be to be a contender. The fact that they have won four in a row and three of those wins on the road is impressive.

The comeback win against the Chargers came when the Chargers has significant momentum. The Saints are better than their record, and the fact that the Broncos defense shut down a high powered offensive machine was impressive. The fact that the Broncos went into Cincinnati and overcame mistakes against a playoff contender in a city that the Broncos have historically played bad in was impressive. I think the Carolina win was impressive. That offense isn't bad. The Broncos held the reigning Rookie of the Year in check. They held Steve Smith in check. They held the two headed running attach of Carolina in check. And, they did it in Carolina.

I like the momentum. I think if the Broncos played the Patriots now, they would destroy them. I think if the Broncos played the Texans now, it could be a draw with a win at home and a loss in Houston. I think the Broncos could have beaten the Falcons has they not committed all the turnovers, which the Broncos have seemingly worked on.

Once again, momentum at the right time of the year, is making the case that the Broncos could go far into the playoffs. That defense is becoming rather stout. With DJ coming back, that only makes it that much better.

Now, depth at WR, that is scary. Watching DT go down yesterday was scary. The Broncos need to go sign Plaxico before the playoffs. That guy is so awesome in the red zone. You really just need to throw him a jump ball. Plus, he will play for some breakfast burritos right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: