Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long does Carimi get?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The rest of this season and all of next season.

If Carimi continues to be a weak spot and struggles in the playoffs he still gets all of next season handed to him because....he was Angelo's 1st rounder?

No. Emery knows our only weak spot on offense is the o-line and TE. If you think Emery has no idea that Cutler was sacked 7 times in the first half against Carolina and has been getting hit on a regular basis then your thoughts for Carimi are purely based on hope. I expect our 1st or 2nd to be on the o-line or tight-end position, and the one we don't draft will be picked up in FA. I'm going to guess the TE is found in FA.

No because he would have played a grand total of 18 regular season games and a few in the playoffs depending on how far we go...let's be optimistic and say 21 games over the course of two season...is 21 games enough time to accurately judge a player?

Yes, 21 games is enough time. In fact most players do not get that long as starters to prove themselves before they are replaced.

This team needs to win now as the defense, while great, does no have another year to waste waiting for quality OT play.

My guess is Carimi gets this season and of has not improved he will be replaced of at least be competing for his spot.

There is also the issue that this is a health concern and his knee will never be 100% again.

Yeah it makes you wonder why guys like Roddy White or D'Brickashaw Ferguson wern't cut after poor seasons to start there carrer...hell Tony Gonzalez was pretty average his first two years why did KC not cut him?...maybe we should just all overreact more to 10 games of football.

If Gabe Carimi playing average football there wouldnt be a need for this thread.

Yeah was Ferguson average in his 1st season?

Where did I say I want Gabe Carimi cut?

Where did I say you did?...all I asked was did Ferguson even play average football in his first year?
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

If Carimi continues to be a weak spot and struggles in the playoffs he still gets all of next season handed to him because....he was Angelo's 1st rounder?

No. Emery knows our only weak spot on offense is the o-line and TE. If you think Emery has no idea that Cutler was sacked 7 times in the first half against Carolina and has been getting hit on a regular basis then your thoughts for Carimi are purely based on hope. I expect our 1st or 2nd to be on the o-line or tight-end position, and the one we don't draft will be picked up in FA. I'm going to guess the TE is found in FA.

No because he would have played a grand total of 18 regular season games and a few in the playoffs depending on how far we go...let's be optimistic and say 21 games over the course of two season...is 21 games enough time to accurately judge a player?

Yes, 21 games is enough time. In fact most players do not get that long as starters to prove themselves before they are replaced.

This team needs to win now as the defense, while great, does no have another year to waste waiting for quality OT play.

My guess is Carimi gets this season and of has not improved he will be replaced of at least be competing for his spot.

There is also the issue that this is a health concern and his knee will never be 100% again.

Yeah it makes you wonder why guys like Roddy White or D'Brickashaw Ferguson wern't cut after poor seasons to start there carrer...hell Tony Gonzalez was pretty average his first two years why did KC not cut him?...maybe we should just all overreact more to 10 games of football.

If Gabe Carimi playing average football there wouldnt be a need for this thread.

Where did I say you did?...all I asked was did Ferguson even play average football in his first year?

Why in your last post did you insinuate that we are saying Gabe should be cut? As I've said before I want to see him benched for playing bad. Not released.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26

Last edited by GOGRIESE on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
No one is over reacting

I’m not so sure you’re allowed to say that lol…

The fact there is even a thread “hypothetical” or not about replace a guy after 10 games is an overreaction in itself.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Why in your last post did you insinuate that we are saying Gabe should be cut?

The bold...If you are competing for a spot on this Oline where we only carry 8 guys you are competing for a roster spot.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The bold...If you are competing for a spot on this Oline where we only carry 8 guys you are competing for a roster spot.

You are competing for a starting spot is what it looks like he is saying.

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
No one is over reacting

The fact there is even a thread “hypothetical” or not about replace a guy after 10 games is an overreaction in itself.

I know...its futile to say replace anyone in your world. Anytime someone makes these threads your always backing the player even if he is playing bad football.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
No one is over reacting

I know...its futile to say replace anyone in your world. Anytime someone makes these threads your always backing the player even if he is playing bad football.

Shocking to see an actual supporter of the team around here huh? lol...

A threat saying replace a guy after 10 games your damn right I'm going to back the player.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
No one is over reacting

A threat saying replace a guy after 10 games your damn right I'm going to back the player.

So there arent actually supporters of the team on here? Wow thats nice of you.

Im not saying replace him right now. Ill wait until after this game on Sunday.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
No one is over reacting

Sarcasm isn’t your strong suit is it.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
No one is over reacting

Its a little hard to tell sometimes. Seeing as how were typing and alot of the time your actually serious.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
No one is over reacting

Its a little hard to tell sometimes. Seeing as how were typing and alot of the time your actually serious.

I figured putting lol after a statement that clearly couldn’t be true would be enough.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
No one is over reacting

I figured putting lol after a statement that clearly couldn’t be true would be enough.

Ive read plenty of your other arguments to know that it could very well be true. Always a lovely conversation MM90. Laughing

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
No one is over reacting

Ive read plenty of your other arguments to know that it could very well be true.

As much as I disagree with the points of many on this board I don’t question the passion they have for the Bears.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
No one is over reacting

Ive read plenty of your other arguments to know that it could very well be true.

As much as I disagree with the points of many on this board I don’t question the passion they have for the Bears.

Good

WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am expecting him to get mauled by JJ Watt and Reed.

I think 21 games is a reasonable sample size before a guy needs to compete for his starting spot.

I do not want him bench this season. He needs the full 21 games to show whether he can hang at this level.

But he is the worst starter on this team right now and he plays an important position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: