Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long does Carimi get?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: How long does Carimi get? Reply with quote

10 games into the Carimi experiment and I would say he has been a resounding failure.

His run blocking has been solid, but his pass protection has been TERRIBLE.

How long do we give him?

If Carimi struggles the rest of the year and into the playoffs do we go into next year with him as our starter at RT?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rest of this season and all of next season.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

If he is this big a liability this season through 18-19 games you want him to be the unquestioned starter next season?

For me is he continues like this and we do not see a marked improvement then we need a contingency plan for next year. Either we sign a LT like Clady or Bushrod and we send Webb to compete at RT or we get a really good back up RT.

He is the worst starter on the team right now and that should be reserved for Kellen Davis.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

If he is this big a liability this season through 18-19 games you want him to be the unquestioned starter next season?

For me is he continues like this and we do not see a marked improvement then we need a contingency plan for next year. Either we sign a LT like Clady or Bushrod and we send Webb to compete at RT or we get a really good back up RT.

He is the worst starter on the team right now and that should be reserved for Kellen Davis.

This is just going over old ground before but Carimi hasn’t been quite as bad as many are making out…yes he has struggled badly in pass pro…he has been slow out of his stance on a number of occasion and has been too aggressive leaving him open to counter moves…the pressures & penalties are without doubt the biggest concern and giving up an average of a sack every two games is also unacceptable…however his run blocking has been very solid on the right side combined with Louis…it’s no coincidence that Forte is averaging a career high in YPC because the Oline as a whole are run blocking better this year…Carimi himself is 10 games into an NFL career…a career that was stalled by a long term injury and a positional switch…he has to be given time to adjust to not only playing in the NFL with the extra speed but to playing a position that isn’t natural to him yet…pulling the plug on anyone after 10 games is extremely short sighted...even if he does play at the same level for the rest of the season he has to go into next year at the unquestioned starter at RT for next season IMO even if we do go out and draft or sign another OT in the offseason.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much longer if he keeps his up. His "pass protection" is really bad. I mean could cause an injury bad. I guess that's the only thing that'll in MM90's mind be enough to bench him.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

This year and the next as MM said.

Now this does not mean he cannot be beat out but they are not likely to spend a first on another tackle (though, even not displeased with Carimi, I would not mind it if they did.) We are going to need a new middle LB before too long.

Carimi is basically a rookie so struggling is to be expected. If he is having problems with pass blocking the coaches are going to have to give him some help. I still think they need more rollouts as well as draws and screens. All these will help our line. As will running about 40 times a game.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Not much longer if he keeps his up. His "pass protection" is really bad. I mean could cause an injury bad. I guess that's the only thing that'll in MM90's mind be enough to bench him.

Well here is the question...is Jonathan Scott who has bounced around the NFL between the Lions x2, Bills, Steelers & us going to be better than Carimi? IMO no...It’s easy to say bench a guy but who steps in? Especially on the Oline were continuity is key to everyone…yeah we could go out and spend another high draft pick on an OT but is that really a good idea after only seeing a guy play 10 times? Again IMO no.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

This year and the next as MM said.

Now this does not mean he cannot be beat out but they are not likely to spend a first on another tackle (though, even not displeased with Carimi, I would not mind it if they did.) We are going to need a new middle LB before too long.

Carimi is basically a rookie so struggling is to be expected. If he is having problems with pass blocking the coaches are going to have to give him some help. I still think they need more rollouts as well as draws and screens. All these will help our line. As will running about 40 times a game.

Well this has been a problem that I have pointed out in the game thread last week and the week before. Our OC is not doing alot of this.

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Well here is the question...is Jonathan Scott who has bounced around the NFL between the Lions x2, Bills, Steelers & us going to be better than Carimi? IMO no...It’s easy to say bench a guy but who steps in? Especially on the Oline were continuity is key to everyone…yeah we could go out and spend another high draft pick on an OT but is that really a good idea after only seeing a guy play 10 times? Again IMO no.

Well like you said thats your opinion. I have no idea whether Scott is better than Carimi. But lets not act like its completely far fetched that he wouldnt be. Gabe isnt playing very good football right now. Im extremely afraid to see tomorrow when JJ Watt takes those outside routes to the QB(like he likes to do) what'll happen. Cutler will probably take a major beating tomorrow.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Well like you said thats your opinion. I have no idea whether Scott is better than Carimi. But lets not act like its completely far fetched that he wouldnt be. Gabe isnt playing very good football right now. Im extremely afraid to see tomorrow when JJ Watt takes those outside routes to the QB(like he likes to do) what'll happen. Cutler will probably take a major beating tomorrow.

There's a reason Scott was still on the street a month into the regular season…Tice has already shown patience with one of our OTs and frankly it has paid off since Webb has been solid for us this season…there is no reason to believe he won’t do the same with Carimi.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

There's a reason Scott was still on the street a month into the regular season…Tice has already shown patience with one of our OTs and frankly it has paid off since Webb has been solid for us this season…there is no reason to believe he won’t do the same with Carimi.

Yeah I understand Scott's story. Tice has also shown he is extremely impatient especially when a guy is blowing blocks.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Yeah I understand Scott's story. Tice has also shown he is extremely impatient especially when a guy is blowing blocks.

J'Marcus Webb disagrees.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

J'Marcus Webb disagrees.

Chris Williams,Chris Spencer,Edwin Williams and Frank Omiyale disagree with you.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

J'Marcus Webb disagrees.

Chris Williams,Chris Spencer,Edwin Williams and Frank Omiyale disagree with you.

The only one of these guys who got the quick hook was Spencer…reason being we had a guy in Rachal who had 38 career starts under his belt to replace him with…

Chris Williams & Frank Omiyale got plenty of time to show how bad they were.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I in no way want Jon Scott starting.

I am talking a out replacing him in the offseason.

He would have 18 starts and will have more than likely been a huge factor why we are out of the playoffs.

You cannot tell me that this line is not an improvement

LT Bushrod
LG Rachal
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb/Carimi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: