Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd Quarter Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mock and offseason but the only way 54 hangs it up is if we get a ring so here's to sending urlacher off on a good note

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
If Kellen starts again at TE next year Im going to puke. Phil Emery should realize whats going on at that position.

Upgrading the TE position isn't that important compared to other spots...especially in a weak draft class.

To MLB I absolutely agree. TE is second on my list. I think this offense would be even better with TE capable of being consistent in both phases.

Way too high IMO…a great TE would be good but there isn’t a great TE in this year’s draft…there maybe isn’t even a very good TE in this draft so there is no way I would spend a 2nd round pick on one unless Eifert dropped like a stone…the only way I see us really trying to upgrade the TE spot is to go after Jared Cook in FA.

Cook is who I was referring to actually.

Yeah but would you rather have a good TE or a great Olinemen?

O line obviously

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mock itself is cool but Urlacher is walking for a rookie??

We just drafted Shea and kept pretty much all the DE's we already had....even if we go MLB early Urlacher wouldnt just walk!!!! Haha

You guys are cold blooded ready to toss Urlacher out so quickly, I think you guys are underestimating the intangibles, and that Urlacher being gone really would signal the end of an entire era.

Also I think you guys are really overestimating how well rookies play as LB, the Titans for example just drafted Zack Brown( I know he is an OLB), he was a better prospect than Minter and there is no way he had the same effect on the game or the leadership that Urlacher had for us.

I doubt a rookie can just take over as MLB in a cover 2 scheme so easily with no sort of mentoring.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:

We just drafted Shea and kept pretty much all the DE's we already had....even if we go MLB early Urlacher wouldnt just walk!!!! Haha

You guys are cold blooded ready to toss Urlacher out so quickly, I think you guys are underestimating the intangibles, and that Urlacher being gone really would signal the end of an entire era.

Also I think you guys are really overestimating how well rookies play as LB, the Titans for example just drafted Zack Brown( I know he is an OLB), he was a better prospect than Minter and there is no way he had the same effect on the game or the leadership that Urlacher had for us.

I doubt a rookie can just take over as MLB in a cover 2 scheme so easily with no sort of mentoring.

Think more of it this way…Urlacher isn’t being let go for a rookie…Urlacher is getting let go for Henry Melton & DJ Moore…I would love to keep Urlacher but the amount of money he will command could take away from us keeping young talent who are going to be the building blocks for this D long-term…no one is under estimating what Urlacher brings to the table and no one is going to be ok on the day he is let go but it is going to happen sooner rather than later…so we are going to have to find a replacement…

Also Zach Brown was nowhere near the prospect Minter is.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
I like this mock, except I would drop Sanz.. and keep Knox if he shows he is healthy(big if I know). Between Bennett and Knox as the 3rd/4th WR's is good and he could just focus on his strength of being the home run threat, plus this would push Hester to a ST's role only.
I'd rather not see Knox ever sell out my QB by running the wrong route, stopping on a route, being soft, ever again.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:

Brown isn't even close to the prospect that Minter is, and I'm a Brown guy.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
I like this mock, except I would drop Sanz.. and keep Knox if he shows he is healthy(big if I know). Between Bennett and Knox as the 3rd/4th WR's is good and he could just focus on his strength of being the home run threat, plus this would push Hester to a ST's role only.
I'd rather not see Knox ever sell out my QB by running the wrong route, stopping on a route, being soft, ever again.

That's why I said have as the deep threat nothing more than the 3rd/4th WR. All the routes that he can't run are going to go to Marshall and hopefully Jeffrey keeps developing. Nothing more than a complimentary player.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:

Madmike90 wrote:

Haha, alright, alright.......regardless, a rookie LB wont come in and pick up where Urlacher left off

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Madmike90 wrote:

Haha, alright, alright.......regardless, a rookie LB wont come in and pick up where Urlacher left off

What makes you guys so sure that a rookie MLB would even play ahead of Roach for Lovie if 54 is gone? He has been grooming Roach for that role for several years now and while I certainly understand Roach's limitations he has been in the scheme for several years and knows the role. I doubt any rookie would be set to start at MLB for Lovie from day one. Even Te'o (who I think is a top 10 pick and will be a STAR in the NFL (said as a non-ND fan with no ND biases)) would need to prove himself worthy of starter reps.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1[28] OT Eric Fisher [Western Michigan] 6'8" 310lbs.

The Bears weakest and most inconsistent position remains OT where J'Marcus Webb has improved only to see Gabe Carimi regress. If the Bears do not win the Superbowl this season I feel it will be because of the weaknesses at OT. The Bears need to add competition to the position and not Chris Williams competition. By adding the huge athletic Fisher to the competition we can get the best 2 OTs on the field and if that means that a 1st round pick in Carimi or an improving Webb hits the bench than that is an improvement. Fisher has the size and athletic ability to be a LT in the league and has been a team leader for the Chippewas.

2[60] LB Kevin Reddick [UNC] 6'3" 240lbs.

I believe that Urlacher will be back on a 2 year deal and the Bears will do what they always do at LB and draft guys in the 2nd or 3rd round with speed and develop them. Reddick has the size and speed that the Bears need in a future MLB and he has had success while at UNC in pass coverage. I really doubt that Lovie will turn the most important position in his defense over to a rookie so there is going to be development time no matter who we draft or when we draft them.

4. CB D.J Hayden [Houston] 6' 195lbs.

The Bears need to continue to add depth and developmental players to the CB position for the eventual departure of Peanut Tillman and Tim Jennings. Hayden has the size the the Bears want and is a solid and willing tackler.

5. C Mario Benavides [Louisville] 6'4" 290lbs.

Roberto Graza is not getting any younger and the Bears need to start developing a long term replacement and to be honest I do not know what they think about E. Williams. Benavides is a smart strong center that is one of the leaders on a dominant Louisville team. Benavides has the size that Tice wants up front and he gets a year or 2 to develop.

6. LB Jonathan Willard [Clemson] 6'2" 235lbs.

He is fast and he hits hard so he can contribute on special teams while we develop him as a future LB on the strong or weakside.

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, Campbell [2], Blanchard
RB: Forte, Bush, Allen, Rodriguez
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Hester, Weems, Sanzenbacher
TE: Davis, Spaeth [2], Adams
LT: Fisher/Webb
LG: Rachal [3], E. Williams
C: Garza, Benavides
RG: Louis [4]
RT: Carimi/Webb

RE: Peppers, Shea
DT: Melton [5], Collins
NT: Paea, Okoye
LE: Idonije, Wootton
SLB: Roach, Costanzo, Willard
MLB: Urlacher [2], Reddick
WLB: Briggs, Thomas
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Moore [4], Frey, Hayden, McManis
FS: Conte, Hardin
SS: Wright, Steltz
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine what do you think of DJ Flukers performance against LSU?

I thought he handled Mingo all game in the passing game.

I am still trying to form an opinion on him but he looks like a potential RT or LG like Orlando Franklin from a couple years ago?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Mine what do you think of DJ Flukers performance against LSU?

I thought he handled Mingo all game in the passing game.

I am still trying to form an opinion on him but he looks like a potential RT or LG like Orlando Franklin from a couple years ago?

One solid performance against an underperforming talent like Mingo doesn’t change my opinion of him…the worry isn’t how he looked against a talent like Mingo it’s more how bad he looked against the likes of Western Kentucky & Florida Atlantic which is a concern…he has too put together a lot of good back to back performances to recover his stock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: