Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

8 games down… whose your pick for 2nd half MVP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: 8 games down… whose your pick for 2nd half MVP? Reply with quote

Here the only stipulation… You cannot vote Drew Brees!

With half the season in the books and the 2nd half coming up, pick who you believe will be our 2nd half MVP of this Saints team heading down the home stretch. Give a reason behind your selection and if you think the play of your pick will help us make a playoff run.

My choice…
Cameron Jordan Left Defensive End

Jordan is my choice because although he faced a sub-par Eagles O-line this past Monday night, he still had the game of his life. Jordan turned in a 3 sack performance that should have been 4 if Will Smith hadn’t been left completely unblocked on one of his. Jordan didn’t just sack Vick 3 times, he pressured and hit Vick all night long. Watching Jordan all season long one can see tremendous growth in his pass rushing repertoire and he’s becoming more of a complete player and learning how to utilize his strength to his advantage. Jordan is growing into his position more and more each game and only needed a breakout performance to peak his confidence going forward, the Eagles provided that.

I feel Jordan will now play more loose and aggressive now that he’s proven that he can do what he did instead of think he needs to prove he can. We know now what he’s capable of and most importantly He knows that he can do it on this level. I expect to see a much more confident pass rusher in Jordan to go along with his superb run defending ability. It wouldn’t shock me to see Jordan (who sits with 6 sacks on the season now) finish with double digit sacks on the year and help lead his team to a playoff berth as a 9-7 ball club.

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
CabbageCorp.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance. Moore.
wow_junky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingram:

Why?

- He had a career game last week so his confidence will be sky high
- Showed he can catch out the backfield
- With Sproles out he will get more time to shine

Why Not?

- Ivory & Thomas are still viable options
- Some tough run Ds coming up (Buccs, 49ers, Giants)
- One game does not make a season

Very Happy
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On defense:

Cam Jordan, for much the same reasons, and also because I don't have a lot of faith in anyone else on that side of the ball to really step up beyond their current level of play. Lofton will continue to play well, Wilson, Quddus, hopefully Greer and Vilma as well, but I have the most faith that Jordan will step up big if anyone were.

On Offense:

Other than Brees of course, I have high hopes that our running game will find its stride, and with Sproles down, I wanna see Chris Ivory do what we all know he can.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: