Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dannell Ellerbe fined $10,000 by the league

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Dannell Ellerbe fined $10,000 by the league Reply with quote

Quote:
Week 9 NFL Fines: #Ravens LB Dannell Ellerbe was fined $10,000 for striking a defenseless player in the head area against the #Browns.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/266975999235878913
Tom Brady Tribute
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising. It was a pretty clear blow to the head (intentional or not).

I don't want to hi-jack this thread but with Ellerbe's play this season I'm worried that the team will just re-sign him and forgo taking an ILB in the draft. The future of the ILB position being a tandem of Ellerbe and McClain is about as depressing as it gets. A platoon of Ellerbe and McClain as the #2 ILB wouldn't be bad even though they're fairly similar types of players (I prefer Ellerbe to McClain but that shouldn't be a surprise). This upcoming draft looks to be one of the strongest at ILB in recent memory and I hope the Ravens take advantage of it by getting one of them in the first or second round.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Not surprising. It was a pretty clear blow to the head (intentional or not).

I don't want to hi-jack this thread but with Ellerbe's play this season I'm worried that the team will just re-sign him and forgo taking an ILB in the draft. The future of the ILB position being a tandem of Ellerbe and McClain is about as depressing as it gets. A platoon of Ellerbe and McClain as the #2 ILB wouldn't be bad even though they're fairly similar types of players (I prefer Ellerbe to McClain but that shouldn't be a surprise). This upcoming draft looks to be one of the strongest at ILB in recent memory and I hope the Ravens take advantage of it by getting one of them in the first or second round.

I'm not worried. Ellerbe was in the Harbaughdoghouse far too many times for me to think we resign him... No matter how good he looks.

And I hope for much more than you. I want to see us invest multiple draft picks on an ILB this draft unless we know ahead of time that Lewis comes back in 2013.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Ellerbe back AND i want to draft another.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:

See the thing is- I'm not sure how much I buy into his play this season. He looked good in his rookie year and then earned his way Ito Harbaugh's doghouse... And then in a contract year, he looks really good again. So while we might be buying low in this instance, we could just as easily be committing ourself to an inconsistent player who only tries when he has an external motivating factor- like money or falling out of the draft.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
I'm not worried. Ellerbe was in the Harbaughdoghouse far too many times for me to think we resign him... No matter how good he looks.

And I hope for much more than you. I want to see us invest multiple draft picks on an ILB this draft unless we know ahead of time that Lewis comes back in 2013.

I don't know about that. Even if Lewis doesn't come back the team has other needs to have to be addressed. DE, pass-rusher, WR, and maybe LG are all potential high-round picks. Spending more than one quality pick at ILB would be a bit of a waste in my opinion too. As much as I (and most others) dislike McClain I doubt the team cuts him or benches him so there's one of the two ILB spots covered.

Like I said before I would prefer Ellerbe and a platoon of those two isn't bad. I don't think they let him walk in free agency regardless of his history with Harbaugh with how cheap he should come and the uncertainty at the position (since free agency comes before the draft). Newsome likes to fill the immediate needs with free agents and I think this follows that line of thinking (even though I think ILB would still be an immediate need even if Ellerbe is re-signed and Lewis comes back).
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:

No, this makes too much sense.

We must get rid of Ellerbe, promote Jameel to starting ILB next year and NOT draft an ILB and go with Ayanbadejo because of his loyalty to our team.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: