Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DS's Bye Week mock. Gruden X 2 even. :P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: DS's Bye Week mock. Gruden X 2 even. :P Reply with quote

CEO Joe Banner

GM Tom Heckart

HC Jon Gruden

Ast HC & OC Jay Gruden WCO/spread

DC Jaun Castillo 43 wide 9

ST Rich Bisaccia.

Cle Free Agents
Sheldon Brown CB bub bye
Josh Cribbs WR bub bye
Mohamed Massaquoi WR bub bye
Phil Dawson K bub bye
Reggie Hodges P bub bye
Brandon Jackson RB bub bye
Kaluka Maiava LB resign for cheap
Scott Fujita LB bub bye
Alex Smith TE/FB resign for cheap
Ben Watson TE bub bye
Rey Ventrone S bub bye
Marcus Benard DE bub bye

Restricted Free Agents- 6
Thad Lewis QB resign for cheap/or tender
Jordan Norwood WR bub bye
Chris Ogbonnaya RB resign for cheap/or tender
Craig Robertson LB resign for cheap/or tender
Emmanuel Stephens DE resign for cheap/or tender
Christian Young LS resign for cheap/or tender

Free Agency

Geoff Schwartz #76 T/G Minnesota Vikings
Height: 6-6 Weight: 340 Age: 26
Born: 7/11/1986 Los Angeles , CA
College: Oregon
Experience: 4th season
The Browns get a road grading guard and a back up right tackle in the form of Mitchel Schwartz's "BIG" brother.

Sean Smith #24 CB Miami Dolphins
Height: 6-3 Weight: 218 Age: 25
Born: 7/14/1987 Pasadena , CA
College: Utah
Experience: 4th season
Finally the Browns have a big physical corner in Smith.

1 Damontre Moore*, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Height: 6-4. Weight: 250.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Moore currently leads the country with 19 tackles for loss and is in a three-way tie atop the sack rankings with 11.5 on the year.

3 Andrew Jackson*, ILB, Western Kentucky
Height: 6-1. Weight: 255.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.
Jackson has played like a man on fire this year and has gained some national notice. 78 tackles 10 TFL 2 sacks and 3 forced fumbles

4 Travis Howard, CB/FS, Ohio State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 196.
Projected 40 Time: 4.46.
Howard has blanketed his side of the field so far this year allowing the Buckeyes to roll coverage away from much to the delight of underclassman CB Robi as it has allows him to jump routes with a safety over the top. Howard has 6 PBU 4 Int's 34 tackles and 1 punt blocked.

5 Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
Height: 6-6. Weight: 270.
Projected 40 Time: 4.77
For 4 years Williams has been a part of Bama's powerful run game and been a good relief valve for Bama's QB's. This year so far he has 16 Rec. 144 Yards and 3 TD's

6 Zach Boren, FB, Ohio State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 252.
Projected 40 Time: 4.66.
Boren has been a starter from day 1 at tOSU. The last 3 years he has opened up wholes for Buckeye running backs. This year as Meyer's offence isn't well suited to a fullback he has ended up as a LB and done well in my estimation. He is what Marecic was advertised as.

7 Quinn Sharp, P/K, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205
A punter kicker combo who lets the coach devote one more spot to an every down player. That and the kid has a leg.

Startsers...../= compititon for a starting spot.

QB Weeden
RB Richardson
FB Smith/Boren
TE Camerion
WR1 Gordan
WR 2 Little
WR 3 Benjamin/Cooper
LT Thomas
LG Greco/Pinkston/G.Schwartz
C Mack
RG Lauvao/Pinkston/G.Schwartz
RT M.Schwartz

RDE Moore
DT Rubin
DT Taylor
LDE Shread
WOLB D.Jackson/Jones
MLB D.Jackson/A.Jackson
SOLB Gocong/Jones/A.Jackson
RCB Smith
LCB Haden
NB Skrine/Patterson/Wade
FS Howard/Young/Hagg
SS Ward

LS Young
PR/KR Benjamin
K/P Quinn

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't like any bit if this from the coaches, I don't like gruden or Castillo. Fa I don't think there is any way Miami lets smith go. He is the reason they traded vontae Davis, and yet re next fest corner is Nolan Carroll (enough said). I think Moore is a 3-4 lb, Simon is all sizzle and no steak. Honestly there is way too much Ohio state in the draft, the only pick I somewhat like is michale williams

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I honestly don't like any bit if this from the coaches, I don't like gruden or Castillo. Fa I don't think there is any way Miami lets smith go. He is the reason they traded vontae Davis, and yet re next fest corner is Nolan Carroll (enough said). I think Moore is a 3-4 lb, Simon is all sizzle and no steak. Honestly there is way too much Ohio state in the draft, the only pick I somewhat like is michale williams

Moore would do fine in the wide 9. Simon isn't in my draft sooo...wtf?

I thought S.Smith was more reasonable than DRC.

I have always liked Gruden and there are Jay Gruden fans on this board as well.

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Simon I got mixed up with one of your old drafts. Jay gruden maybe but I think there is 0% that John ends up here, he prefers a veteran team something we are not. I don't think smith or drc are reasonable they are young talented corners in a passing league. Dolphins have little to no secondary depth. I don't like the wide 9 at all, it is not going to make our run defense any better.moore is a 15-25 player right now. I would be pissed as hell with this offseason srry just the way it is, I don't see us improve at sell with it

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Simon I got mixed up with one of your old drafts. Jay gruden maybe but I think there is 0% that John ends up here, he prefers a veteran team something we are not. I don't think smith or drc are reasonable they are young talented corners in a passing league. Dolphins have little to no secondary depth. I don't like the wide 9 at all, it is not going to make our run defense any better.moore is a 15-25 player right now. I would be pissed as hell with this offseason srry just the way it is, I don't see us improve at sell with it

So the guy leading the NCAA in TFL and sacks and TFL's while switching from 34 OLB to 43 DE is a top 10 15 player? Rob Rang has him Mocked @5 over at CBS.

As for our run Defense, that is why I mock Andrew Jackson that kid gets down hill quick and destroys running backs in the hole. He stopped Eddie Lacy cold vs Alabama on more than a few occasions and did the same vs LSU and Kentucky. Think Vontez Burfit 2 years ago without bone headed plays.

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

So the guy leading the NCAA in TFL and sacks and TFL's while switching from 34 OLB to 43 DE is a top 10 15 player? Rob Rang has him Mocked @5 over at CBS.

As for our run Defense, that is why I mock Andrew Jackson that kid gets down hill quick and destroys running backs in the hole. He stopped Eddie Lacy cold vs Alabama on more than a few occasions and did the same vs LSU and Kentucky. Think Vontez Burfit 2 years ago without bone headed plays.

You know who else was the nation leader or right at the top of the nation in sacks and tfl Derrick Harvey and how'd that work out, there's alot of hood college posters who have out up wow stats on college who have done nothing in the nfl. IMO Moore is a 3-4 backer I think he is an average 4-3 end in the nfl at best. We are having online getting into our linebackers now, spreading the d line out more is not going to make that any better.

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

34 backers can play in the 43 wide 9 BTW. look at the speed DE's that Philly has used for years most would be fine in a 34 as pass rushers. The hickup would coverage ability or lack there of.

That is because Rubin and Taylor haven't been on the field together all season.

Last edited by DawgSoldier on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know my stance on Chucky, no use in bringing it up in this thread too.

Jay Gruden will probably stay in Cincy if he doesn't get a HC gig.

If Juan Castillo gets another job as a DC, it will be a miracle. Being that Joe Banner is in the football business and not the miracle business, I don't see that happening here.

Guard and CB are good FA targets, and I like your selections. Like others have said, I'd be suprised if Smith hits the market but it would make a great signing if he did. The Schwartz brothers working side-by-side would be interesting.

I honestly really like your draft. I think Boren has always been out of place at FB, though. He has NFL linebacker potential. Either way, I like the picks. Every one of them.

D on coaches

A on FA/draft
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
You know my stance on Chucky, no use in bringing it up in this thread too.

Jay Gruden will probably stay in Cincy if he doesn't get a HC gig.

If Juan Castillo gets another job as a DC, it will be a miracle. Being that Joe Banner is in the football business and not the miracle business, I don't see that happening here.

Guard and CB are good FA targets, and I like your selections. Like others have said, I'd be suprised if Smith hits the market but it would make a great signing if he did. The Schwartz brothers working side-by-side would be interesting.

I honestly really like your draft. I think Boren has always been out of place at FB, though. He has NFL linebacker potential. Either way, I like the picks. Every one of them.

D on coaches

A on FA/draft

Holy - we agree on something!

Why I went the way I did with the coaches.

1 I want and offence HC with a WCO back ground so it isn't a complete do over on offensive schemes.

The Brothers Gruden achive that goal.

I like the wide nine as it gets presure on the QB quick and I think Rubin and Taylor backed up by a down hill thumper of a MLB would work well.
That and shread and Moore of the edges from a 4 poit sprinters stance would be a sight to see.

As for the ST coach, a warm body would be and improvement. The SD guy is pretty good.

H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the coaching choices (I like Jay Gruden, but I think the Bengals would block him from getting to interview for OC here, he would have to be getting interviewed for HC position I believe in order for him not to need current teams permission). Maybe I am wrong about Jon Gruden, but he just doesn't excite me.

I am going to stick up for you about Damontre Moore, though. The guy played great last season in a 3-4, this year, first year in the 4-3, first year in the best conference in college football, he is having an even better year.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with Jon if Jay is also brought aboard. Castillo though is a ticking time bomb. No thanks.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaching staff- Dont like it.

I'm not a Fan of Chucky. He failed as a HC over the long term before and has been out of the game for a while.

Castillo as DC is an epic fail. He's a TE coach. Thats it. Total suck at DC.

Jay Gruden would be OK as OC, not my first choice, but not bad either.

FA- I'm 50/50

You didn't resign Phil the Drill.

Schwartz would be an OK FA pickup. Love the Sean Smith signing, but he will probably be franchised by MIA. The rest of the free agent list is ok. Marcus Benard agreed to an injury settlement with the Browns. He's is no longer a part of the team.

Draft- Looks good.

Filling some needs in FA, took BPA and good players all around. Can't be mad about that draft. Though, I think Moore needs a TON of work with his technique/hand use.

One thing I'd like to add to the discussion. We do not have the personnel to run a wide 9. Taylor and Rubin are not quick enough for the Wide 9. Sheard may excel at it, however. Our LB's would get owned playing that defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: