Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dream Mock Draft/FA 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trivium2009

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Dream Mock Draft/FA 2013 Reply with quote

What would be you Dream Mock Off-season for the Patriots?
Mine would be......
Resign
Sabastian Vollmer- One of the Best when healthy RTs in the league
Danny Woodhead- Mainly for 3rd down use anymore but still productive.
Aqib Talib- We really did not just give up a 4th for a trial.
If we can't come to terms with Welker then Franchise him again.

Free Agent signings
Dashon Goldson S- Our secondary is flat out pitiful and Goldson is a reliable pick up to play SS and or FS.
Quentin Jammer CB- He may not be the corner he once was but looking at what we got now he still is a major upgrade.
Andy Levitre OG- With our Oline being inconsistent this year we may need to find some help. Levitre is a versatile G who has remained health.
Israel Idonije DT- We need to start getting pressure from the inside so QBs can't just step up into the pocket so easily.
Dwayne Bowe WR- He is very unhappy with the team he is on now and has expressed a desire to leave. If we can't get a deal done with Welker he would be a great option to go for.
Danny Amendola WR- This has two ifs on it. First we need the Rams to let go of their only consistent WR, and two this is only if we can't get Welker or Bowe.
Josh Cribbs WR- This also is an if. If we can sign him to a reasonable contract where it represents a KR contract I say go for it outside of that leave it alone. Our KR and or PR has been very pour this year outside of one return by McCourty. We need an upgrade, and if its not from Cribbs then maybe Banks.
Trades....
Wes Welker to Jacksonville for their 2nd rounder- Jacksonville needs a legit WR option to help their Offense and Welker could provide that for them.
Patrick Chung to Texans for their 4th and 6th- Texans have secondary problems and with us signing Goldson, Chung is expandable. Hopefully a change of scenery can help Chung out.

Draft- I'm going off of the Standings right now
Round 1
#24- Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida St.- He is everything the Patriots want in a CB. He can play man to man and zone and is not afraid to hit.

Round 2
#34 via Jacksonville- Terrance Williams, WR Baylor- Yes I know I have us signing Bowe, and we still already have Lloyd, but I thinks its time to inject some good youth into our WR corp. Williams has great deeps speed, which will help us out in that regard, and he has good route running as well.

#56- Khaled Holmes, C Southern California- With both Connoly and Wendall struggling this year, I think its time we get some fresh blood for our Center position. Holmes can play all over the interior of the Line which make him a favorite in BB eyes.

Round 3
N/A

Round 4
#127 via Texans- Michael Buchanan, DE Illinois

Round 5
N/A

Round 6
#191 via Texans- Sam Brenner, OG Utah

Round 7
#197 via Tampa Bay- Rod Sweeting, CB Georgia Tech

#222- Ray Polk, FS Colorado
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks good. For a Madden type mock. Very unrealistic.

I highly doubt Buffalo lets Levitre go to FA.

No way in hell would you have enough cap space to sign both Bowe and Amendola. Also, I doubt Jacksonville gives up a very early 2nd for an aging Wes Welker.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the free agent signings are possible signings not all of them will be signed by us just some players i would not mind being signed.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have a 3rd round pick and don't have picks in 4, 5 and 6. I think it unlikely we could land Terrance Williams in the 2nd - seems like a 1st round talent.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vollmer will be franchised or let go I think.

Welker will not be traded or resigned if Vollmer gets the tag.

Dwayne Bowe will command a bigger role and more money elsewhere

Danny Amendola isn't hitting FA.

Dashon Goldson will have better offers if he hits FA at all

Jags won't give up their re-building for a veteran WR.

Josh Cribbs is a ST'er only. We will have Jeff Demps for that role on a much better contract.

Only viable FA I see in that frankly, insane amount of FA's is Idonije.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Dream Mock Draft/FA 2013 Reply with quote

trivium2009 wrote:
What would be you Dream Mock Off-season for the Patriots?
Mine would be......
Resign
Sabastian Vollmer- One of the Best when healthy RTs in the league
Danny Woodhead- Mainly for 3rd down use anymore but still productive.
Aqib Talib- We really did not just give up a 4th for a trial.
If we can't come to terms with Welker then Franchise him again.

Free Agent signings
Dashon Goldson S- Our secondary is flat out pitiful and Goldson is a reliable pick up to play SS and or FS.
Quentin Jammer CB- He may not be the corner he once was but looking at what we got now he still is a major upgrade.
Andy Levitre OG- With our Oline being inconsistent this year we may need to find some help. Levitre is a versatile G who has remained health.
Israel Idonije DT- We need to start getting pressure from the inside so QBs can't just step up into the pocket so easily.
Dwayne Bowe WR- He is very unhappy with the team he is on now and has expressed a desire to leave. If we can't get a deal done with Welker he would be a great option to go for.
Danny Amendola WR- This has two ifs on it. First we need the Rams to let go of their only consistent WR, and two this is only if we can't get Welker or Bowe.
Josh Cribbs WR- This also is an if. If we can sign him to a reasonable contract where it represents a KR contract I say go for it outside of that leave it alone. Our KR and or PR has been very pour this year outside of one return by McCourty. We need an upgrade, and if its not from Cribbs then maybe Banks.
Trades....
Wes Welker to Jacksonville for their 2nd rounder- Jacksonville needs a legit WR option to help their Offense and Welker could provide that for them.
Patrick Chung to Texans for their 4th and 6th- Texans have secondary problems and with us signing Goldson, Chung is expandable. Hopefully a change of scenery can help Chung out.

Draft- I'm going off of the Standings right now
Round 1
#24- Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida St.- He is everything the Patriots want in a CB. He can play man to man and zone and is not afraid to hit.

Round 2
#34 via Jacksonville- Terrance Williams, WR Baylor- Yes I know I have us signing Bowe, and we still already have Lloyd, but I thinks its time to inject some good youth into our WR corp. Williams has great deeps speed, which will help us out in that regard, and he has good route running as well.

#56- Khaled Holmes, C Southern California- With both Connoly and Wendall struggling this year, I think its time we get some fresh blood for our Center position. Holmes can play all over the interior of the Line which make him a favorite in BB eyes.

Round 3
N/A

Round 4
#127 via Texans- Michael Buchanan, DE Illinois

Round 5
N/A

Round 6
#191 via Texans- Sam Brenner, OG Utah

Round 7
#197 via Tampa Bay- Rod Sweeting, CB Georgia Tech

#222- Ray Polk, FS Colorado

I like how you made a point of seeding the draft based on present standings. Very realistic.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Dream Mock Draft/FA 2013 Reply with quote

trivium2009 wrote:

Going to be tough to trade him, consider he's a free agent

The rest of this is an interesting fantasy but obviously not realistic.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Vollmer will be franchised or let go I think.

The Pats would be crazy to franchise Vollmer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: