Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garcon has torn foot tendon--
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63108
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:



Actually you wanted Briscoe cut, and it was ME who brought up REPEATEDLY how he scored 6TD's against NFL competition last year after you said over and over that he had proven nothing at all and didn't deserve a roster spot.

I will ease back and give these guys some time. But don't start acting like you didn't need to be convinced that they just needed time.
I give them thru next year too. That sounds reasonable.
no doubt. I was wrong and have never said I wasn't. The reason I wanted him cut was because of a #'s game. I knew he'd be buried in the depth chart and I thought it'd be better to keep an OT like Willie Smith or something else where we needed more depth.

I just knew he wouldn't have much of an impact but I do think he can develop into a 2/3 wr for us in the future. In the end, I like what they did. Now I see why he's here and I hope he's back next year.


I am wrong alot of times too. That's why it's nice to get on here and discuss all these things.

I hope Hankerson AND Briscoe both develop into good WR's for us. I said many times we can use their size around the end zone. I just lose sight of that when I don't see production I expect from guys that have been in the league a couple years.

So maybe we do get Garcon back and he shows these kids how to produce and they step up. It's what the FO intended, plus they got a relatively young Garcon in his prime instead of a veteran who is on his way out of the league.
yeah. This is the second year in the league for all 3, but you can't ignore the facts. Hank barely played last year then hurt his hip, which really set him back. Robinson was only a practice squad player last year, it's not like he got any game experience. Briscoe wasn't even in DC last year and joined us when in June or July? He has been behind everyone else all year.

I think this trio with Garçon is our future, at least immediate. If they don't improve next year, then in the 2014 draft I'd draft another wr in round 2 or 3 but I hope it doesn't come to that.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3873
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:


I think this trio with Garçon is our future, at least immediate. If they don't improve next year, then in the 2014 draft I'd draft another wr in round 2 or 3 but I hope it doesn't come to that.


Well since we have Garcon on the team (if he ever gets healthy), as much as I would LOVE to see RG3 get another much-needed weapon I would rather miss out on a great WR prospect than a great S, CB, or RT that could fall to us.

Still say these guys need to man up and play like they have some Balls. Morgan seems like the only one out there making the tough catches.
_________________
http://www.sportzin.com/forums/uploads/images/1395839960-U13096.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7809
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Morgan is a solid 3 at best. I really wish Hankerson would step up and be that #2 that I think he could be. But this is his real first year. So I would like to see what a full off season with RGIII and working with the first team offense could actually look like.

It still kind of unnerving to see no fade to corners in the red zone to Hankerson.

It kind of sucks that we have so many injuries to key players that are preventing the offense to really be what they can be.

And with a solid defense (*cough*4-3*cough*) that can actually cover offenses after the snap.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3873
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Eh, Morgan is a solid 3 at best. I really wish Hankerson would step up and be that #2 that I think he could be. But this is his real first year. So I would like to see what a full off season with RGIII and working with the first team offense could actually look like.

It still kind of unnerving to see no fade to corners in the red zone to Hankerson.

It kind of sucks that we have so many injuries to key players that are preventing the offense to really be what they can be.

And with a solid defense (*cough*4-3*cough*) that can actually cover offenses after the snap.


I'm wishing we would switch back to a 4-3 also. Even though I was all for it when we made the switch. Since you guys have pointed out how many of our players could excel in a 4-3 and we still have to overhaul the secondary.
And if we just had a solid 4-3 our Offense will be keeping us in games with a few more tweaks and Garcon healthy...

And Yeah, I wanna see Hankerson's size used in the red zone too
_________________
http://www.sportzin.com/forums/uploads/images/1395839960-U13096.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63108
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:


I think this trio with Garçon is our future, at least immediate. If they don't improve next year, then in the 2014 draft I'd draft another wr in round 2 or 3 but I hope it doesn't come to that.


Well since we have Garcon on the team (if he ever gets healthy), as much as I would LOVE to see RG3 get another much-needed weapon I would rather miss out on a great WR prospect than a great S, CB, or RT that could fall to us.

Still say these guys need to man up and play like they have some Balls. Morgan seems like the only one out there making the tough catches.
come with experience/confidence and playing time
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63108
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Eh, Morgan is a solid 3 at best. I really wish Hankerson would step up and be that #2 that I think he could be. But this is his real first year. So I would like to see what a full off season with RGIII and working with the first team offense could actually look like.
yeah, he's more of a #3. As much as I like Morgan (being from DC) that's why I always said, we should have used his $$ on a DB or Rt like Winston, not on him. We could have kept Gaffney for nearly 1/2 the price for a year.

Quote:
It still kind of unnerving to see no fade to corners in the red zone to Hankerson.
we choose to run it more than pass it inside the 10 this year and I'm glad. I called for that the past two years. It's working also, we are scoring more tds

Quote:
It kind of sucks that we have so many injuries to key players that are preventing the offense to really be what they can be.
what about the defense? We have more key players on defense out or injured. It's killing us.

Quote:
And with a solid defense (*cough*4-3*cough*) that can actually cover offenses after the snap.
i think you are mentioning the back 4, which doesn't have anything to do with the front 7. If we are healthy with Carriker, Orakpo and Meriweather out there, our D would be much better
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group