Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Everything Else Thread VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
Yeah, I feel ya, but next year you'll be able to set your own classroom culture. And, if you really have to get out of Tennessee, schools around the Phoenix area are going to be hiring a lot of secondary teachers if you're interested.

Did you go to school and get your license in MS? If so, how difficult is it to leave states?
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
Yeah, I feel ya, but next year you'll be able to set your own classroom culture. And, if you really have to get out of Tennessee, schools around the Phoenix area are going to be hiring a lot of secondary teachers if you're interested.

Did you go to school and get your license in MS? If so, how difficult is it to leave states?

I have my Mississippi license, and when I got hired, I asked if it is difficult to get my AZ license, and the Human Resources department told me that as long as its not a Texas license, it's no big deal. I'm having to take an SEI class (Structured English Immersion) as part of receiving my license, but its offered free by the district. I work in a Title 1 district, meaning low socioeconomic status, but the schools are really good. I work in Avondale, which is the 9th fastest growing city in the country, and it's where the Phoenix International Raceway is- if you're a NASCAR fan, the race is like 3 miles from my apt.

Are you trying to leave the USA?

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:

I have my Mississippi license, and when I got hired, I asked if it is difficult to get my AZ license, and the Human Resources department told me that as long as its not a Texas license, it's no big deal. I'm having to take an SEI class (Structured English Immersion) as part of receiving my license, but its offered free by the district. I work in a Title 1 district, meaning low socioeconomic status, but the schools are really good. I work in Avondale, which is the 9th fastest growing city in the country, and it's where the Phoenix International Raceway is- if you're a NASCAR fan, the race is like 3 miles from my apt.

Not in particular, though Marine OCS has recently caught my eye after graduation. Just mostly need to get out of Tennessee. Graduate in December. May take a local job and look around the country during. Did you use a specific website to find jobs in Arizona? Or have connections?
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:

Not in particular, though Marine OCS has recently caught my eye after graduation. Just mostly need to get out of Tennessee. Graduate in December. May take a local job and look around the country during. Did you use a specific website to find jobs in Arizona? Or have connections?

I actually went to a job fair in Michigan. If you're interested, I could send you the information. The school I'm at is losing a lot of Middle school teachers because their committment with Teach for America is ending.

BostonZombie

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:

I actually went to a job fair in Michigan. If you're interested, I could send you the information. The school I'm at is losing a lot of Middle school teachers because their committment with Teach for America is ending.

You're quite well traveled. Laughing

But yeah man, that'd be great if you find the time.
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:

You're quite well traveled. Laughing

But yeah man, that'd be great if you find the time.

I'll PM you the next few days.

BostonZombie

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
titans_5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just throwin it out there ... the way the league is treating the colts is unreal

andrew luck just got a free rushing td... earlier in the game had a pretty soft blow to the head call that overturned an int.

the commentators compared lucks athletic ability to that of cam newton... the amount of nob slobbering just kills me.

It drives me crazy the way the refs call some of these games.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That blow to the head call was 100x more legit than the one they called/fined Mike Martin for on Luck. Clearly they're protecting the "franchise."
titans_5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it still seemed a little soft to me.. i mean the contact wasnt exactly primarily to the head ... it seemed a lot like the martin hit to me... cest la vie ... it just kills me how every close call seems to go the colts way.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, every 50/50 call is clearly going Indy's way though. No doubt about it.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my 1st ever ticket today. Was clocked doing 76 in a 55. $95.75 fine. SMH

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

1st? Rookie...

My uncle is a cop in Cleveland, OH, and he gave me a Courtesy Card so if I get pulled over, it's kind of like a 'Get out of Jail free card.' Pretty sweet!

BostonZombie

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

1st? Rookie...

My uncle is a cop in Cleveland, OH, and he gave me a Courtesy Card so if I get pulled over, it's kind of like a 'Get out of Jail free card.' Pretty sweet!

I've been lucky before today in my young life. Wish I had a relative that was a cop. I thought maybe he'd let me off with warning because it was my 1st time being pulled over but no. What a jerk. Screwed my Friday all up.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Weak sauce. My first ticket was 77 in a 35 (cop bumped if down to 55 in a 35 so he didn't have to arrest me). My second was for 9 over on an open stretch of interstate with no traffic during a sunny day and that one made me angry.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Weak sauce. My first ticket was 77 in a 35 (cop bumped if down to 55 in a 35 so he didn't have to arrest me). My second was for 9 over on an open stretch of interstate with no traffic during a sunny day and that one made me angry.

If they drop the speed on your ticket, you can take that to court and win everytime. All you say is: "If he lied on the ticket about how fast I was going, how do we know that he didn't lie about me speeding in the first place."

Also, for nine over, you could take that to court and call the radar's accuracy into question. My uncle was telling me that some radars have a pretty broad error range. He said that will usually get you out of a ticket if it's that close. That, and if you're polite, the cop usually won't even show up to the court date, and if that happens, the judge always throws out the ticket.

BostonZombie

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 27 of 77

Jump to: