Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers, WR Emmanuel Sanders fined $50,000 for fake injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Steelers, WR Emmanuel Sanders fined $50,000 for fake injury Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL fined Steelers $35,000 and wide receiver Emanuel Sanders $15,000 for him faking an injury against Bengals.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/266975617835204609

Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dook

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the team owes Sanders for that one. If they work out another contract, once it's all agreed to the team should then add in another $15,000 on top.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Victor Cruz get a fine as well?

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats actually pretty comical, not nearly as bad as the Giants last year though Laughing

Jamison. on the sig
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:

No but Clark will. They always fine blows to the head, even if they did not happen.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

No but Clark will. They always fine blows to the head, even if they did not happen.

Like poor Hasselbach, wasn't even close to a horse collar, does anybody actually even review these plays?

...you have a forum resume?
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Rainey was passing gas and Sanders went down for the count.
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

I might be willing to bet on this one.

I don't think he will get dinged for it.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

I might be willing to bet on this one.

I don't think he will get dinged for it.

Me neither.

I think the NFLPA would throw a fit if the league tried to fine that.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogus! Twisted Evil

Goddell's gotta go, seriously. I keep getting back to the fact that we didn't have these problems in the league of over fining and all under Tagliabu and we had labor peace for what, like 20 years?

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Bogus! Twisted Evil

Goddell's gotta go, seriously. I keep getting back to the fact that we didn't have these problems in the league of over fining and all under Tagliabu and we had labor peace for what, like 20 years?

I don't think it's bogus at all. I mean seriously, faking injuries? Are we watching soccer?

If fines are the only way to make players stop faking injuries, I'm all for it. People are only mad because they think this is another link in the "Goodell Hatez teh Steelerz" chain

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Bogus! Twisted Evil

I don't think it's bogus at all. I mean seriously, faking injuries? Are we watching soccer?

If fines are the only way to make players stop faking injuries, I'm all for it. People are only mad because they think this is another link in the "Goodell Hatez teh Steelerz" chain
my position is this crap didn't happen under possibly the greatest commissioner the game has ever known. Tagiabue. There were no witch hunts, labor peace the entire time he was commissioner.

The way you stop teams/players for faking injuries, personal foul hits, taunting etc is suspensions. Not fining. Throw flags and suspend them, that hurts the team and will change the culture imo. These guys make too much $, i don't think the fine really affects them too much.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MT83

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Bogus! Twisted Evil

my position is this crap didn't happen under possibly the greatest commissioner the game has ever known. Tagiabue. There were no witch hunts, labor peace the entire time he was commissioner.

The way you stop teams/players for faking injuries, personal foul hits, taunting etc is suspensions. Not fining. Throw flags and suspend them, that hurts the team and will change the culture imo. These guys make too much $, i don't think the fine really affects them too much.

I don't know about suspensions, seems much more extreme than a fine to me, but I don't see why this shouldn't be a penalty. You don't want to start penalizing people who are actually hurt, but the amount of flopping I've seen in football lately is horrendous. I make fun of basketball and soccer for it all the time and it's getting to be the worst in football.

That said, hopefully Sanders wins his appeal. Speaking of Tags, does he review this one too?
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By no means do I think this was a legit injury but when you start applying fines (and suspensions), you're walking a tight rope. Afterall, it is possible to cramp up severely. Severely enough to need to fall down and stretch. Was this the case with Sanders? Prolly not but as a Comish, I don't feel like you can make that call with certainty. With that said, I don't know what the answer is. By the way, the first time I saw this tactic was back in the 80's with the Bungles and Sam Wyche. I think it was in their playbook they pulled it so much. This isn't a new "problem".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: