Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Oakland Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
I guess they'll promote the guy from the PS if they have to.

Who do we even have?? LOUIS RANKIN?!?!??! LOL

A guy called Jeremy Stewart..........no idea how good or bad he is. Has anyone else seen him? I don't recall him playing in the pre season games.

Otherwise its Taiwan, Reece and Schmit. I'm going to be optimistic and say that Taiwan finds his feet in the ZBS and performs reasonably well, seems to me like the ZBS is built for a guy like him with his agility, change of direction and quickess..........can it be much worse that last weeks rushing attack???

Jeremy Stewart, eh? I'll have to take a look. I don't think I've ever heard of him before either. Let's hope he's the ultimate diamond in a the rough going against a premiere defense w/ a terrible line LOL....... OK that won't happen..... assuming he even plays. I wouldn't mind a Jones/Reece rotation. At least it gets Reece potential for more touches.

JStew is a bruiser, not real burst to his game. At Stanford he didn't get a lot of touches, but he got in the end zone when he got them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
all im saying is despite pitt and jax the d has put up 1- great first half performances. where is the offense? the whole offense. in all honestly cp only sticks out the most cause he is throwing it almost 50 times a game with a ugly rt. you cant help but watch you get a large sample size. but 2- the running game sucks and everyone wants to 3- blame the d. the offense has all their starters minus ford and barnes still arent getting it done. the defense has rookies and others guys ive never heard of playing but 4- they still hold. but after the half rich and tko are winded, 5- uninspired (due to the amount of 3 and outs) and we get gashed then the o doesnt come through and the d gets gashed some more.

1) It's a 60 minute game in case you have not noticed.
2) No help from them
3) The D is at fault
4) For 30 minutes? It's a 4 quarter 60 minute game. The O seems to understand this, playing to the last second.
5) I don't even know how to respond to this. After 20+ collective years in the league these guys can't get inspired in close games? I saw the 3 and out stats across the league flashed during our last game, we were not amongst the leaders. How do other defenses get inspired while their teams are going 3 and out?

1) where is the offense for the first 3 quarters? do they get a pass because they wake up in the 4th?
2) agree
3) agree but if the offense could sustain some drives and not go 3 and out for the first 3 quarters it would help the defense (not to mention having the d guard a short field).
4) disagree. despite the pitt game the o doesnt show up until the 4th.
5) imo its hard to get inspired when you keep giving the ball to the offense and they keep going 3 and out.

couldnt find 3 and out stats but i found our drive stats.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

drives =97 (7th most in nfl)
yrds/drive = 29.91 (23)
points/drive = 1.74 (22)
TDs/Dr = .165 (26)
Punts/Dr = .433 (26)
TOs/Dr = .124 (17)
INT/Dr =.082 (17)
FUM/Dr =.041 (13)
starting field position/Dr =26.48 (19)
Drive Success Rate = .655 (27)

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

CP only sticks out b/c he's throwing it that often?? Or maybe he sticks out b/c HE IS THE ENTIRE OFFENSE!!! Blame McFadden, the line, the WRs, the TEs, Palmer is the ONLY ONE getting anything done out there.

I think he's saying he sticks out from all the negatives in our offense because he had to do so much (so he was actually finding an excuse for him). Palmer is on pace for the most pass attempts in his career. I think he's in the top 3 in attempts in the NFL at the moment. I'm pretty sure that's not what we wanted to happen. He's throwing it even more than last season. Now that our top 2 RBs are out, it's not likely to go down.

this

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
backinblack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
all im saying is despite pitt and jax the d has put up 1- great first half performances. where is the offense? the whole offense. in all honestly cp only sticks out the most cause he is throwing it almost 50 times a game with a ugly rt. you cant help but watch you get a large sample size. but 2- the running game sucks and everyone wants to 3- blame the d. the offense has all their starters minus ford and barnes still arent getting it done. the defense has rookies and others guys ive never heard of playing but 4- they still hold. but after the half rich and tko are winded, 5- uninspired (due to the amount of 3 and outs) and we get gashed then the o doesnt come through and the d gets gashed some more.

2) No help from them
3) The D is at fault
4) For 30 minutes? It's a 4 quarter 60 minute game. The O seems to understand this, playing to the last second.
5) I don't even know how to respond to this. After 20+ collective years in the league these guys can't get inspired in close games? I saw the 3 and out stats across the league flashed during our last game, we were not amongst the leaders. How do other defenses get inspired while their teams are going 3 and out?

1) where is the offense for the first 3 quarters? do they get a pass because they wake up in the 4th?
2) agree
3) agree but if the offense could sustain some drives and not go 3 and out for the first 3 quarters it would help the defense (not to mention having the d guard a short field).
5) imo its hard to get inspired when you keep giving the ball to the offense and they keep going 3 and out.

yrds/drive = 29.91 (23)
points/drive = 1.74 (22)
TDs/Dr = .165 (26)
Punts/Dr = .433 (26)
TOs/Dr = .124 (17)
INT/Dr =.082 (17)
FUM/Dr =.041 (13)

I found a site. We rank 5th worst in the league in 3 and outs. 55 drives we had are 3 and outs at a 27.2% rate. i agree also with the wearing down. looking at time of possesion for first half we are ranked 30th in top ahead of only bmore and carolina. if offense can start the game well and let d rest and limit the time on the field the better off we are.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backinblack wrote:
I found a site. We rank 5th worst in the league in 3 and outs. 55 drives we had are 3 and outs at a 27.2% rate. i agree also with the wearing down. looking at time of possesion for first half we are ranked 30th in top ahead of only bmore and carolina. if offense can start the game well and let d rest and limit the time on the field the better off we are.

Great find. I bet if you looked up our offenses average 3rd down distance, we're either last or near the bottom there as well. Which is why Dennis Allen hit the panic switch with our rushing attack. You can't win games with so many 3 and outs. And you can't covert a good amount of 3rd downs without a rushing attack to help shorten the distance. Our offense is a disgrace TBH.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

A guy called Jeremy Stewart..........no idea how good or bad he is. Has anyone else seen him? I don't recall him playing in the pre season games.

Otherwise its Taiwan, Reece and Schmit. I'm going to be optimistic and say that Taiwan finds his feet in the ZBS and performs reasonably well, seems to me like the ZBS is built for a guy like him with his agility, change of direction and quickess..........can it be much worse that last weeks rushing attack???

Jeremy Stewart, eh? I'll have to take a look. I don't think I've ever heard of him before either. Let's hope he's the ultimate diamond in a the rough going against a premiere defense w/ a terrible line LOL....... OK that won't happen..... assuming he even plays. I wouldn't mind a Jones/Reece rotation. At least it gets Reece potential for more touches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVHl9swfdOo

Ignored the HS footage as he's simply bigger and faster than the opposition but looks like he has some good lateral movement and a nice Juke of both feet. For Stanford he had some nice cut backs remeniscient of a ZBS.

Good size and deceptive speed. Some of the gaps I could have run through for big gains though so i don't put too much stock in highlight tape!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

backinblack wrote:

I would have never guessed this. Could you please cite your source? Thanks!!

If this does prove to be true, if we had anything that resembled a running game, I would like to see how it affects this. I bet it would help our DT's psyche according to Dr. Coughman

PM sig requests.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

backinblack wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

2) No help from them
3) The D is at fault

2) agree

yrds/drive = 29.91 (23)
points/drive = 1.74 (22)
TDs/Dr = .165 (26)
Punts/Dr = .433 (26)
TOs/Dr = .124 (17)
INT/Dr =.082 (17)
FUM/Dr =.041 (13)

this.
with all these 3 and outs the law of averages comes into play and eventually the defense will give up one or 2 long tds. this isnt the 85 bears. they cant hold and team to 14-20 points the whole game without some help from the offense.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVHl9swfdOo

Ignored the HS footage as he's simply bigger and faster than the opposition but looks like he has some good lateral movement and a nice Juke of both feet. For Stanford he had some nice cut backs remeniscient of a ZBS.

Good size and deceptive speed. Some of the gaps I could have run through for big gains though so i don't put too much stock in highlight tape!

Thanks for posting this. I'm keeping an eye on our situation. McFadden being done for the season (more than likely) will open up a spot so why not give the kid a shot?

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
this.
with all these 3 and outs the law of averages comes into play and eventually the defense will give up one or 2 long tds. this isnt the 85 bears. they cant hold and team to 14-20 points the whole game without some help from the offense.

So, Dr Coughman, why hasn't this happened every single other game then?? I mean, you know that we are supposedly (I use that loosely until I see this site he found) go 3 and out so many times a game, yet, Martin is the only one who's really beasted us for huge runs.

So, Dr Coughman, Trainer Coughman, whatever you are, can you explain that?? What about our previous games show they're not "inspired" since you essentially cannot use the long TD argument??

PM sig requests.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
backinblack wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

2) No help from them
3) The D is at fault

2) agree

yrds/drive = 29.91 (23)
points/drive = 1.74 (22)
TDs/Dr = .165 (26)
Punts/Dr = .433 (26)
TOs/Dr = .124 (17)
INT/Dr =.082 (17)
FUM/Dr =.041 (13)

this.

Listen, I get it. We're not the '85 Bears. But trying to arrange some sort of excuse for giving up 260 yards rushing and 4 TDs to any runner is absurd under any dire circumstances the offense leaves on the defense. If our D can't manage better than that we won't win any games. Defense lets up 42? 98 times out of 100 you lose that game no matter how good the offense is.

Here's another stat for you. Our defense and special teams has scored for us exactly 0 points. Chicago's has scored 56. Of course we can't expect to be on that pace, but 0 is not an acceptable pace nonetheless. They haven't helped the offense one bit, with field position either. We are pinned week after week, and that's not only on special teams but the D as well. No team can go 80 yards every drive game in and game out.

Think for a moment about what Palmer is working without here.

No defense contribution of note, including 0 scoring and very low takeaways. No special teams contribution at all really. I mean nothing of note. No running game, near worst in the league. No proven receivers, despite the potential many see we don't have a single 1000 yard player there. Two decent potential guys, two rookies, and a tight end just now making noise for the first time. A fullback is our best current offensive weapon. Not exactly the way a passing game is meant to be designed.

I'd say considering all that Palmer is managing just about as well as anyone could..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Page 44 of 44

Jump to: