Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB should be our #1 priority!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clutch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Judson49 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
So I see some of the Sean Smith bitching is back.

Here's a fun little stat:

Sean Smith has been targeted deep (over 20 yards in the air) ten times this year but has yet to allow a catch from that range.

Carry on.

Merc, do you recall the play where Chaz Schillens toasted him & Sanchez had his usual 'accuracy of a six year old girl' issue resulting in an incompletion which could have easily been a TD? Wasn't there also a play Sunday whereby he turned totally and got lucky with a drop?

I think the problem with the Sean Smith/Jake Long debates is that people tend to nail their opinions and early and refuse to budge, and (in some cases) wildly exaggerate the players worth.

Sean Smith is playing much, much better this season than he has before, but he had a way to go (in my opinion!). Problem is, he has a couple of good games & his best buddy Omar throws around the term "shutdown corner" and it spreads like wildfire.

Sean Smith is not a problem on this team, he is (hopefully) part of the solution, but he's no shutdown, number 1 CB and shouldn't be counted on to be such.

Sure, there have been plays where Sean Smith has gotten lucky. No question about it at all. Every player in the league is effected in part by luck. Smith is no different. I suspect you and I view Smith about the same today. I agree he is not a shutdown guy, but I've also seen him shutdown some of the best this season. He is capable, but consistency is where he needs to improve, that and playmaking. He neither sucks, nor is he elite. He has holes in his game, but as you said he is not the problem.

Yes Sean Smith could have 'gotten paid' if he played like many think he could have last Sunday.

However......this is just another classic example of the Fanbase overreacting to one game by one of our best players. Smith has had alot of moments of playing at a high level. He didn't play as well as we'd hoped or have seen from him.

Step away from the cliff......
phinmun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: