Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick Perry has surgery--out for year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atm Walden>Perry. Perry needs some more time. I don't see this as a huge loss by any means.

Worthy is twice as important to THIS season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Very disappointing. But did feel Perry was a year or two away from being an impact player from the very beginning. I doubt this injury will change much for this year. Just hope this young man gets himself right and comes to camp next year feeling he has something to prove. Think he showed enough to feel good about his future in the fit. Still have very high hopes!

Me too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
It's official: Perry had ligament surgery(out for the year) and will be placed on IR. Quarless takes his roster spot......

Has Quarless be activated? I hadn't heard that...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
It's official: Perry had ligament surgery(out for the year) and will be placed on IR. Quarless takes his roster spot......

Has Quarless be activated? I hadn't heard that...

yes, he took perry's roster spot

honestly... if it wasn't for Walden's production this year & perry v2.0 (AKA Moses) i would be much more concerned about Nick missing the year but if he hadn't gone to IR he would be forced to finish he season dealing with 2 separate injuries

what a difference a year makes for the OLB opposite of Clay... last year we had 0 production from that spot... this year we had 3 guys all in the 'mix by the end of pre-season

we also have zombo back as well... although not really sure what to expect from him, its still depth at a position were having injuries at
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of have to wonder what with Perry's injuries and slow development and Matthews recurring hamstring issues, whether TT would pull the trigger on another pass rusher if one holds the high position on the board come April.

I mean, you can't ever have enough guys who can get after the QB, or can you?
SDN40

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta agree that his loss won't be felt as much as others will, which also shows that his rookie year wasn't exactly..... what we were all hoping for.

I gotta wonder if he would be better off adding some weight and trying to be Cullen Jenkins vs trying to be LaMar Woodley. If you remember, before draft time he was actually preparing to be a DE and preferred to do so.

I know I'm jumping the gun, but based upon his play vs Moses vs Walden, I just wonder if his impact might be felt more at DE where Pickett is aging. I'm pretty sure his body type is suited for it. Another 10 pounds might do it. If all fell right with the others, that would be one heck of a line.

Just tossing it out there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
Gotta agree that his loss won't be felt as much as others will, which also shows that his rookie year wasn't exactly..... what we were all hoping for.

i have to disagree with you here... was his first year similar to Clays? no... but that is unreasonable to expect that from every late 1st rounder

to say he didn't have the season we were hoping for isn't fair considering he didn't get to play a full season... he made a good share of impact plays & would have made more had he not been injured

i think the play of walden & the sudden depth @ OLB diminishes perry's value as a rookie this year, but i wouldn't say in the small sample size we saw of him that he wasn't what we hoped for...
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really I don't think Perry was ever a guy you expected to make a big impact this year anyway. I just hoped he'd be part of a rotation to get the reps, but he needed at least a year in the transition anyway.

I don't think there is ANY chance he bulks up enough to play DE. That idea is plain silly. He's an edge guy all day long.

He'll work his way in there. Yes Walden and Moses have looked ok in spots, but at the end of the day, they are always going to be just guys out there. Perry has the skill set to be a bit more than that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
No you cant. You wanna watch your Super Bowl dreams die? Lose a pass rusher or a QB is the quickest way to do it. The Giants had Tuck and Osi and they spent a high pick on JPP and everybody was confused saying they don't need a DE, welp it worked out I would say. I just want guys of a different mold, who can change things up when they come in.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
PackMan22

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted Doug Martin with our 1st round pick.

Just sayin....

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackMan22 wrote:

Just sayin....
Would he be our best RB on the roster right now? Yes. Would he be as good as he is with TB, in our system? I kind of doubt it. I wouldn't trade Perry for him.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackMan22 wrote:

Just sayin....

And I'm 99.9% sure that Jerry Jones would be a better GM than you...Laughing

Sig brought to you by Justo
PackMan22

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:

Just sayin....

And I'm 99.9% sure that Jerry Jones would be a better GM than you...Laughing

And I'm 100% sure he would. I don't know much about football, let alone make a fortune doing it for a living. I'm just a BSU fan and would have wanted Martin 3 weeks ago, I just sound smarter saying it now.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
No you cant. You wanna watch your Super Bowl dreams die? Lose a pass rusher or a QB is the quickest way to do it. The Giants had Tuck and Osi and they spent a high pick on JPP and everybody was confused saying they don't need a DE, welp it worked out I would say. I just want guys of a different mold, who can change things up when they come in.

Yup. The top defenses have more than one or 2 guys who can get after the QB. It appears Worthy and Daniels can rush the passer some so that is good news for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: