Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you had to blame one person who would it be?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you could blame one person for the Titans' horrific season, who would it be?
Mike Munchak
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Chris Palmer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jerry Gray
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
Bud Adams
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
Jake Locker
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hasselbeck
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chris Johnson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Michael Griffin
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Colin McCarthy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Offense (as a whole)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Defense (as a whole)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Other
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Author Message
TT4Life7


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: If you had to blame one person who would it be? Reply with quote

If you had to blame one person for the Titans' horrific season thus far, who would it be?


Mike Munchak- Out coached on a weekly basis. Failure to hire competent coordinators. Responsible for having his team prepared and ready to play on sundays, makes the important decisions on the field, and required to be a leader. He's failed to accomplish any of these. Not his fault IMO. I don't think he was ever ready to be a HC, but what was he supposed to do? Turn it down? Its too bad (should he get fired) that his 30+ year tenure with the Oilers/Titans Franchise will end with his termination.

Chris Palmer- Out coached on a weekly basis. Failure to make halftime adjustments on offense. Failure to utilize Jared Cook's abilities. Too many 3-and-outs! Has FINALLY figured out how to use Chris Johnson this season so far though.

Jerry Gray- Allowing 34+ points per game. That is the most in league. No consistent pass rush. Blitzes very seldomly. Poor tackling on defense (lets be fair, we've had this problem for years), but it is his responsibility to correct these issues. Poor safety play. For someone who is supposed to be very familiar with the secondary, his safeties have been lost (again this has alot to do with tackling. I'm looking at you Michael Griffin). Not all on Gray though IMO. Offense doesn't give the greatest field posisition, and doesn't allow much time for the defense to rest. Also has a very young defense.

Bud Adams- His involvement with the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, therefore making it nearly impossible to aquire top free agents on the market. Goes hand-in-hand with Mike Munchak. Didn't want to spend the big bucks on a legitimate HC yet wants to fire Munchak after 1 and a half seasons.

Jake Locker- Shouldn't be blamed for the Titans' 6 losses so far, but could we have had a few more wins had he not been injured? Again, I don't think he can blamed (especially for an injury), but had he not gotten hurt could he have won a few more games had he been healthy? Injured or not, most Titans fans expected to see alot more of Jake Locker at this point in the season. Hopefully in the next seven weeks we can see what Jake Locker can do.

Matt Hasselbeck- Captain Checkdown. Very conservative. Lacks arm strength. Can't make throws over 15 yards on a consistent basis. Can only be productive based on timing and short routes (Titans offense has turned into the West Coast Offense). Has made some nice throws though (Kendall Wright TD last week). Pretty damn good game against Pittsburgh, and a very good 2 minute drill in that game that set up Rob Bironas for the game winning field goal.

Chris Johnson- Struggled VERY BAD at the start of the season. Was averaging under 2 YPC. Was easily on pace for under 1000 yards on the season. Had he not struggled in the first 4 weeks or so, could we have had won a couple more games this season? If not winning them, I'm sure most would agree we would have been more competitive. Now he's top 5 in YPC (5.0 ypc on the season), and is 6th in the NFL in Rushing Yards with 736. Just 40 yards behind Arian Foster (who's only averaging 4.0 ypc). Only has 3 rushing TDs on the season though, but that could be blamed on the offense's inability to get into the redzone, and the coaches taking Johnson out in goal line situatuations (Easily could have had 4 TDs in Buffalo).

Michael Griffin- Not much needs to be said here, but I will anyways. Can't tackle to save his life (or his job), hasn't made much of an impact in pass defense with 1 interception and 1 pass defensed. Gets CARRIED by opposing RBs for extra yardage on a regular basis. Alot of unnecessary penalties this year. Has made a few late hits, and just this past week (after he was carried for an extra 15 yards) he horsecollared Matt Forte. Seriously? You're that bad that the only way you could bring him down is to horse collar him and cost your team an ADDITIONAL 15 yards? Has forced 2 fumbles this season though and blocked a kick.

Colin McCarthy- See Jake Locker. Hard to fault a guy for injuries, but obviously hasn't made the impact we all thought he would at this point in the season.

Offense (as a whole)- Is it the offense as a whole that is just unable to produce points? Are players not clicking as a unit? Or is it a combination of players, coaching, and/or scheme?

Defense (as a whole)- Same as the offense. Is it the pass rush's inability to get to the QB, or is it the secondary unable to cover their man long enough? Is it the inability to wrap-up and make tackles, or a combination of everything?

Other- If I missed something or someone, please say who or what and why.

*Please note that the analysis on the owner/coaches/players are my opinion. Many may not agree. If so, place your blame, and (if you don't agree with my opinion) state why you chose him.
_________________


Last edited by TT4Life7 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:14 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23288
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only 1 person to blame for the lack of success over the past couple years and that's the head guy. Bud Adams is a terrible owner. He was cheap and hired within with Munchak. I love Munchak for all he's done during his playing and coaching career but he should not be head coach. He should still be at his position of O-Line coach. Bud shouldn't of been so cheap and brought in a real coach. Imagine if he would've thrown a bunch of money at Harbaugh. How good would we be now? We might not have as good of a D as San Fran's but I'm sure our offense would be elite or borderline. Quit being cheap Bud.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug


Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 11859
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since 2000, in the playoffs, Raiders have 4 wins, Dallas has 1, Bengals have 0, and we have 2.

What do/did all these teams have in common? Meddling owners. That's a combined 7 wins between 4 franchises in the playoffs.

My vote has to go Bud.
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VYoung10


Joined: 02 Oct 2008
Posts: 8784
Location: Billings-406
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Johnson for not being at 2000 yards yet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TT4Life7


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
There's only 1 person to blame for the lack of success over the past couple years and that's the head guy. Bud Adams is a terrible owner. He was cheap and hired within with Munchak. I love Munchak for all he's done during his playing and coaching career but he should not be head coach. He should still be at his position of O-Line coach. Bud shouldn't of been so cheap and brought in a real coach. Imagine if he would've thrown a bunch of money at Harbaugh. How good would we be now? We might not have as good of a D as San Fran's but I'm sure our offense would be elite or borderline. Quit being cheap Bud.


In Bud's defense, wasn't Harbaugh hired before Fisher FINALLY called it quits? I may be wrong, but I understand where you're coming from. He expects "competitive" football yet refused to spend the money on a quality HC.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23288
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
There's only 1 person to blame for the lack of success over the past couple years and that's the head guy. Bud Adams is a terrible owner. He was cheap and hired within with Munchak. I love Munchak for all he's done during his playing and coaching career but he should not be head coach. He should still be at his position of O-Line coach. Bud shouldn't of been so cheap and brought in a real coach. Imagine if he would've thrown a bunch of money at Harbaugh. How good would we be now? We might not have as good of a D as San Fran's but I'm sure our offense would be elite or borderline. Quit being cheap Bud.


In Bud's defense, wasn't Harbaugh hired before Fisher FINALLY called it quits? I may be wrong, but I understand where you're coming from. He expects "competitive" football yet refused to spend the money on a quality HC.


I'm not sure but even then, Bud should've fired Fisher not long after the 2010 season was over instead of waiting around.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Finnerception


Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 12985
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame Michael Griffin for aids, cancer, and world hunger.

Michael Griffin.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 11859
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
There's only 1 person to blame for the lack of success over the past couple years and that's the head guy. Bud Adams is a terrible owner. He was cheap and hired within with Munchak. I love Munchak for all he's done during his playing and coaching career but he should not be head coach. He should still be at his position of O-Line coach. Bud shouldn't of been so cheap and brought in a real coach. Imagine if he would've thrown a bunch of money at Harbaugh. How good would we be now? We might not have as good of a D as San Fran's but I'm sure our offense would be elite or borderline. Quit being cheap Bud.


In Bud's defense, wasn't Harbaugh hired before Fisher FINALLY called it quits? I may be wrong, but I understand where you're coming from. He expects "competitive" football yet refused to spend the money on a quality HC.


I'm not sure but even then, Bud should've fired Fisher not long after the 2010 season was over instead of waiting around.


Bud waited as long as he did because all the other spots had filled and he used it as a means to stick it to Fish, I'm sure. Though I was one of the biggest anti-Fish guys here and for the longest time, mind you Wink , it was still a stupid move to hurt this franchise even more.
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23288
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
There's only 1 person to blame for the lack of success over the past couple years and that's the head guy. Bud Adams is a terrible owner. He was cheap and hired within with Munchak. I love Munchak for all he's done during his playing and coaching career but he should not be head coach. He should still be at his position of O-Line coach. Bud shouldn't of been so cheap and brought in a real coach. Imagine if he would've thrown a bunch of money at Harbaugh. How good would we be now? We might not have as good of a D as San Fran's but I'm sure our offense would be elite or borderline. Quit being cheap Bud.


In Bud's defense, wasn't Harbaugh hired before Fisher FINALLY called it quits? I may be wrong, but I understand where you're coming from. He expects "competitive" football yet refused to spend the money on a quality HC.


I'm not sure but even then, Bud should've fired Fisher not long after the 2010 season was over instead of waiting around.


Bud waited as long as he did because all the other spots had filled and he used it as a means to stick it to Fish, I'm sure. Though I was one of the biggest anti-Fish guys here and for the longest time, mind you Wink , it was still a stupid move to hurt this franchise even more.


Well if that's true, that just goes to show you that Bud is a cold-hearted spineless punk. Just because Fisher didnt have a lovefest for every Texas player. The Titans need a real owner. May be wrong to say but I think we'll be better off once he's 6 feet deep.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 2890
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what made Bud start interfering with the team, considering we had our greatest stretch in franchise history without his interference.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThatTitansFan


Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 175
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame lady luck and the spate of injuries that keeps hitting key players- McCarthy out for games and now out of shape and conditioning from having to stay off the ankle. Locker's shoulder and missing so many games. Marks and Casey getting nagging leg and ankle injuries. Britt recovering from ACL and MCL, and subsequently hurting his ankle and shoulder. Nate getting hurt. Wright now has an elbow injury (which won't keep him out, but he'll drop some balls).

I honestly, 100%, believe that if Locker, Casey, and McCarthy had been healthy all year, we'd be at 6 wins, not 3. Hass is not nearly as good as Locker, and Casey+McCarthy are the keys on our defense. When they were both healthy in the preseason we looked absolutely unstoppable.

I blame Gray for not adjusting to the injuries. Sticking with the deep cover-2 zone scheme without McCarthy and Casey was just plain stupid. And for not adjusting in game- we always seem to be completely surprised by something the other team does.

I blame Palmer for trying to run a zone-blocking scheme early in the season, which led to Chris running like a wimp and being indecisive. But kudos to him for recognizing the mistake and adapting as the season went on (seriously, it's like night and day how much better things are).

I think keep Palmer, fire Gray. When [inappropriate/removed] went sideways, Palmer actually adapted (nothing he could do last week with everyone on our team deciding to fumble). He changed the run scheme, he adapted to Hass's arm, he's using Stevens beautifully.

Gray, on the other hand, seems to stubbornly stick to his system, even when injuries and our opponent's abilities dictate a change. For the first 6 games, he literally played the exact same scheme against every opponent (zero adjustments to their offensive makeup and philosophy) and stuck with a deep cover 2 despite having Witherspoon at MLB and no pass rush up the middle (no adjustments to injuries). And, despite having no pass rush most of the time, he barely ever blitzed with Ayers or Brown or anyone. He's getting a little better now, but we need a D coordinator who is more creative and adaptable than this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 2976
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can blame the ownership all you like, however it doesn't matter, they are the ones that get to make the decisions. Bud's time will go and hopefully someone more competent will take over. But either way, the FO has to perform despite many obstacles, ownership unfortunately being one of them.

There needs to be an additional option I think for Mike Reinfeldt. Munchak is doing the best he can with a short hand, and probably isn't really head-coach material. MR's overly soft and conservative stance have had a trickle down effect that I think needs to be washed out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans_31


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 246
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry grey he has a ton of talent but cant get the unit to play well together.and we suck do bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10262
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said other cause I just can't pinpoint one person to blame for this year.

From the poor defense to inconsistent offense.....it's just been all around hard to watch at times...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RebelTitan24


Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Posts: 555
Location: Jax, Florida (per the Navy)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
I blame Michael Griffin for aids, cancer, and world hunger.

Michael Griffin.


+1

m. griffin is the BIGGEST WASTE of money on this football team!!!!

Im still in shock of the departure of Finnegan and retainment of michael "how do i tackle" griffin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group