Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 draft wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also we got young guys like Minnifield, and Bernstine that are at this point question marks, but if Minnifield is able to recover he definitely has starter potential (obviously a big if at this point). Same with Bernstine, another big if on his health, but he could potnetially help as well if he is able to recover.

With that said we no doubt have to still pursue other options in free agency and the draft.

The return of our injured players will really help out our secondary as well. Orakpo and Carriker will help us get a lot more pressure on the QB's and make life much easier on the secondary next year. This year we kinda had to expect our D to struggle after they went down since they are the best lineman and linebacker that we have.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Also we got young guys like Minnifield, and Bernstine that are at this point question marks, but if Minnifield is able to recover he definitely has starter potential (obviously a big if at this point). Same with Bernstine, another big if on his health, but he could potnetially help as well if he is able to recover.

With that said we no doubt have to still pursue other options in free agency and the draft.

The return of our injured players will really help out our secondary as well. Orakpo and Carriker will help us get a lot more pressure on the QB's and make life much easier on the secondary next year. This year we kinda had to expect our D to struggle after they went down since they are the best lineman and linebacker that we have.
we also have guys like Hankerson and Robinson- (basically rookies in terms of playing time). Then, Briscoe who arrived on our team late and was behind everyone. These guys have promise.

People keep bringing up Bernstein and Minifield as if I don't know about them. You bring up their injuries, which are major. minifield had microfrcture surgery and tore his acl within the same 6 months. Bernstine tore everyhing up in his knee and he only made the team this year because of meriweathers knee injury. Minifield was undrafted and Bernstein was one of the last picks in the draft. How can we count on them? Frankly I don't count in any of our DBs right now. Zero and you just want to replace those guys with mid/late round picks again and then free agents. Good luck.

We need the best top talent we can get at db. You want a better secondary? You do what the Vikings did last offseason and spend two of your top 3 picks on the position. It's amazing how much better that secondary has looked with the drafting of Harrison Smith and Josh Robinson. They invested in the draft and it got turned around in one year.

I'm tired of seeing this team ignore major needs that are obvious year after year and be mediocre or the worst team in the division. year after year its been The case. We've already hit the longest streak in team history for being in the basement of our division under Zorn and now Shanahan.

I say fix the secondary this year and if its fixed, next year cone back and take a wr if one of the current young guys don't work out.

We have priorities and I don't see wr being one of them. If garçon were healthy, I bet we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

we also have guys like Hankerson and Robinson- (basically rookies in terms of playing time). Then, Briscoe who arrived on our team late and was behind everyone. These guys have promise.

People keep bringing up Bernstein and Minifield as if I don't know about them. You bring up their injuries, which are major. minifield had microfrcture surgery and tore his acl within the same 6 months. Bernstine tore everyhing up in his knee and he only made the team this year because of meriweathers knee injury. Minifield was undrafted and Bernstein was one of the last picks in the draft. How can we count on them? Frankly I don't count in any of our DBs right now. Zero and you just want to replace those guys with mid/late round picks again and then free agents. Good luck.

We need the best top talent we can get at db. You want a better secondary? You do what the Vikings did last offseason and spend two of your top 3 picks on the position. It's amazing how much better that secondary has looked with the drafting of Harrison Smith and Josh Robinson. They invested in the draft and it got turned around in one year.

I'm tired of seeing this team ignore major needs that are obvious year after year and be mediocre or the worst team in the division. year after year its been The case. We've already hit the longest streak in team history for being in the basement of our division under Zorn and now Shanahan.

I say fix the secondary this year and if its fixed, next year cone back and take a wr if one of the current young guys don't work out.

We have priorities and I don't see wr being one of them. If garçon were healthy, I bet we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

I'm in no way counting on Minnifield, or Bernstein, but saying they both have potential, but have the huge injury concerns, I'm not bringing them up like you don't know about them, but they both have potential, like I said we do need to pick up secondary help, and should have many options that should be available in Free Agency, and rounds 3-7.

Our WR's have showed little to no promise. Hankerson rarely gets good seperation, and has inconsistent hands, which was his biggest fault in college as well. Robinson has dropped numerous balls, hasn't made any big plays, has no size and hasn't shown enough in 2 years to justify himself as being a number 1,2, or even 3 WR. Basically I see Hankerson, Robinson, Morgan, and Briscoe ALL as Number 3-4 WR's. All those rookies I posted were able to win starting jobs and produce in their rookie years.

round 2 Patterson/Hunter/Allen/Woods/Williams/Austin/Rogers

round 3 Rambo/Vaccaro/Tony Jefferson/Lester/Byndom

round 4 Mathieu

round 5 Phillip Thomas

Free agents
Byrd
Shields
O-lineman like Bushrod

Could even switch out a draft pick for a lineman in rounds 3-5 if they are the BPA

If we got almost any combo of these players our team would get a true playmaking WR to combo with Garcon, a much improved secondary, and an improved O-line

Plus we have Merriweather, and Jackson who could potentially help us out jury is still out on them for next year along with the players we draft/sign.

Multiple rookie O-lineman that were viewed as project players who could contribute as well next year on top of whoever we draft/sign.

More than anything the injury bug has kicked our D's butt this year. Enough can't be said about the difference guys like Orakpo, and Carriker can make on the whole unit.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:

Our WR's have showed little to no promise. Hankerson rarely gets good seperation, and has inconsistent hands, which was his biggest fault in college as well. Robinson has dropped numerous balls, hasn't made any big plays, has no size and hasn't shown enough in 2 years to justify himself as being a number 1,2, or even 3 WR. Basically I see Hankerson, Robinson, Morgan, and Briscoe ALL as Number 3-4 WR's. All those rookies I posted were able to win starting jobs and produce in their rookie years.
they are only second year players. Most young wrs do not come in and light the world in fire on their first year. I think you need to show more patience with them. They will only be better next year, IMO much better.

Arrow round 1- Patterson
Arrow round 1- Hunter
Arrow round 1- Allen
Arrow round 1- woods
Arrow round 1- Williams
Arrow round 3 Austin... he could be had in round 3. same with Stedman Bailey
Arrow round 3- Rogers- drug addict. No thanks. We have 2 of those already

not all of these guys will last till round 3.

Arrow Rambo- drug addict. no thanks
Arrow Vaccaro- round 2 prospect
Arrow Tony Jefferson- possibility in round 3
Arrow Lester- possibility in round 3
Arrow Byndom- possibility in round 3

Arrow Mathieu- no thanks. Drug addict

Quote:
Free agents
Byrd
Shields
O-lineman like Bushrod
Could even switch out a draft pick for a lineman in rounds 3-5 if they are the BPA
I totally agree with these targets Cool

Quote:
If we got almost any combo of these players our team would get a true playmaking WR to combo with Garcon, a much improved secondary, and an improved O-line

Plus we have Merriweather, and Jackson who could potentially help us out jury is still out on them for next year along with the players we draft/sign.

Multiple rookie O-lineman that were viewed as project players who could contribute as well next year on top of whoever we draft/sign.

More than anything the injury bug has kicked our D's butt this year. Enough can't be said about the difference guys like Orakpo, and Carriker can make on the whole unit.
i can't disagree with these statements, but I still don't want a wr in round 2. I want to keep what we have, and cut Moss. Maybe try to find a new return man and special teams ace. I've come to realization guys were right about Banks. I don't see much of a future for him with us past this year. Not enough big plays in the return game from him.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

they are only second year players. Most young wrs do not come in and light the world in fire on their first year. I think you need to show more patience with them. They will only be better next year, IMO much better.

Arrow round 1- Patterson
Arrow round 1- Hunter
Arrow round 1- Allen
Arrow round 1- woods
Arrow round 1- Williams
Arrow round 3 Austin... he could be had in round 3. same with Stedman Bailey
Arrow round 3- Rogers- drug addict. No thanks. We have 2 of those already

not all of these guys will last till round 3.

Arrow Rambo- drug addict. no thanks
Arrow Vaccaro- round 2 prospect
Arrow Tony Jefferson- possibility in round 3
Arrow Lester- possibility in round 3
Arrow Byndom- possibility in round 3

Arrow Mathieu- no thanks. Drug addict

Quote:
Free agents
Byrd
Shields
O-lineman like Bushrod
I totally agree with these targets Cool

Quote:

i can't disagree with these statements, but I still don't want a wr in round 2. I want to keep what we have, and cut Moss. Maybe try to find a new return man and special teams ace. I've come to realization guys were right about Banks. I don't see much of a future for him with us past this year. Not enough big plays in the return game from him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/all

It is highly unlikely all 5 WR's go in round 1, and since we haven't hit the combine or pro day workouts it's hard to say which WR/WR's of the 5 you listed as first rounders will slip into round 2. There has been like 1 time if memory serves me right that 5 wr's have been picked in the 1st.

We are likely to be picking early each round so a lot of the prospects I listed are on the bubble of being picked about where we should be picking at this point. Obviously workouts, injury's, etc can change that, but at this point everyone of those players is considered to be potentially where I slotted them. With the draft you never know (Bruce Irvin/Tyson Alualu being first round picks) (Aaron Rogers supposed to be a top 5 pick went like 24th) Basically what I'm trying to say is great prospects slip all the time, and lesser viewed prospects get drafted early sometimes, with that many WR's I don't expect that they will all be picked up before the 40th pick.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Smile

I hear ya I was also really pulling for Banks, but he just isn't getting it done, and is taking a roster spot. I will say if we were somehow able to get Austin in round 3 I would be overly joyed, since he would fill the return role, and give us a real home run threat at WR.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/06/kenny-vaccaro-longhorn-safety-makes-our-short-list.html

I love what this article says- eventhough it's about the patriots. It talks about how deep the draft class is for safeties.

I think we take a guy in round 2 or 3, gotta take a cb high also.

Late in the draft I want them to take Kenny Tate. I see him as a SS in the NFL. 6'4, 220 to 230 runs a 4.6 40. I think he'd be a good late rounder to nab.

I do like what I read about Phillip Thomas. Sounds like he's a playmaker. I'm biased towards the terp kenny Tate though. Laughing Wink

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/JIb8uTXg1W0

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/06/kenny-vaccaro-longhorn-safety-makes-our-short-list.html

I love what this article says- eventhough it's about the patriots. It talks about how deep the draft class is for safeties.

Late in the draft I want them to take Kenny Tate. I see him as a SS in the NFL. 6'4, 220 to 230 runs a 4.6 40. I think he'd be a good late rounder to nab.

I do like what I read about Phillip Thomas. Sounds like he's a playmaker. I'm biased towards the terp kenny Tate though. Laughing Wink

Yep lucky for us this class is deep at S, WR, and while I'm not as high on this year CB class there are still a few I like that we could get. Plus multiple potential free agents at those positions. I can't wait to see how the Skins approach the offseason. If they do it right we could make a real run at the playoffs next year.

Yeah just started following Thomas, but he seems like he could be a mid round steal. I haven't seen much on Tate gonna have to take a closer look, definitely has some good size though.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yep lucky for us this class is deep at S, WR, and while I'm not as high on this year CB class there are still a few I like that we could get. Plus multiple potential free agents at those positions. I can't wait to see how the Skins approach the offseason. If they do it right we could make a real run at the playoffs next year.

Yeah just started following Thomas, but he seems like he could be a mid round steal. I haven't seen much on Tate gonna have to take a closer look, definitely has some good size though.
Tate is recovering from a knee injury and isnt what he once was before that injury just yet. md moved him to a rover/olb type position last year, under fridgen he played FS at a high level and i still see him as a SS in the nfl. You want to talk about a steal? He could go 6th, 7th or undrafted. Doubt undrafted, but you never know.

I agree with your post buddy. Good discussion. Cool

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/JIb8uTXg1W0

http://www.umterps.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tate_kenny00.html

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013OLB.php

Quote:
Kenny Tate, SS/OLB, Maryland

Height: 6-4. Weight: 220-230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.6 - 4.7
Projected Round (2013): 7-FA.

10/20/12: Tate missed the first three games of the year. He has 15 tackles, three passes broken up and a forced fumble through three contests. Tate has to stay healthy the rest of the year to have any shot at getting drafted.

8/29/12: Tate has played both linebacker and safety in his Maryland career. He is a tweener, but should be a linebacker in the NFL.

Tate had an excellent 2010 season as the starting free safety and was a First-Team All-ACC pick. He had 100 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a lost, 3.5 sacks and three interceptions.
pretty clear, when healthy and used correctly IMO as a safety, Kenny Tate is a great prospect. His injury and the position switch hurt his draft stock. I see him going late in the draft or undrafted and playing safety. He was a better player at free safety than he's been at LB. Why have him put on weight? I'd have him stay the same size and be a big hitting scary SS like Landry was for us.

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

The Vikes could afford to go DB's since they already had PERCY HARVIN..
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle-

How is Bacarri Rambo a drug addict? He ate a pot brownie and got suspended four games lmao
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Turtle-

How is Bacarri Rambo a drug addict? He ate a pot brownie and got suspended four games lmao
well that's the story... I'm not sure if I buy it Wink also. Don't you think he was told it was a weed brownie? He knew what he was doing. I guess in the 3rd or 4th I'd take him. But I'm really tired of these athletes using drugs. I don't want them on the redskins.

Dro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throwing the words drug addict around are harsh.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
thats how I feel. I'm just being honest about it

lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:
thats how I feel. I'm just being honest about it

It's weed for christ sakes. You can't get addicted to it!
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Turtle-

Was wondering the same thing myself.

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: