Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should have pulled the trigger
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

Dro wrote:

obviously you didn't see where i said we could move down in the 2nd.. we are slated to be sitting in the 6th spot in the 2nd round.. the way bruce and mike have worked the draft i wouldn't see how we wouldn't get that pick back.. obviously that is what the patriots will do.
yeah but we'd be giving up our highest draft pick. We don't have a 1st remember. No thanks to that. We need to draft the best player we can in this draft. With the rg3 trade this 2nd round pick has to hit and hit big! We need this player to be a starter, if not immediately, then in year 2. If we don't get that, I'm not sure how sound our future is.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:

obviously you didn't see where i said we could move down in the 2nd.. we are slated to be sitting in the 6th spot in the 2nd round.. the way bruce and mike have worked the draft i wouldn't see how we wouldn't get that pick back.. obviously that is what the patriots will do.
yeah but we'd be giving up our highest draft pick. We don't have a 1st remember. No thanks to that. We need to draft the best player we can in this draft. With the rg3 trade this 2nd round pick has to hit and hit big! We need this player to be a starter, if not immediately, then in year 2. If we don't get that, I'm not sure how sound our future is.

Giving up a high 4th rounder for a Talent like that and then trading down in the 2nd to get another 4th rounder? i dont see the loss at all.. to many players on the board we could use to help us.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:

Giving up a high 4th rounder for a Talent like that and then trading down in the 2nd to get another 4th rounder? i dont see the loss at all.. to many players on the board we could use to help us.
talib is a bum first of all.not the type of person I want to see us sign, trade for or draft.

Trading down from our highest pick does not make sense for the current state of this franchise. IMO.

Like I said we need a difference maker and Shanahan needs one very soon if he wants to remain coach and hand it off to his son or whatever when he retires.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:

talib is a bum first of all.not the type of person I want to see us sign, trade for or draft.

Trading down from our highest pick does not make sense for the current state of this franchise. IMO.

Like I said we need a difference maker and Shanahan needs one very soon if he wants to remain coach and hand it off to his son or whatever when he retires.

a Bum? lol you arent getting anyone in the 2nd or 4th thats as good as he is nor is anyone on this current roster as good as he is.

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:

a Bum? lol you arent getting anyone in the 2nd or 4th thats as good as he is nor is anyone on this current roster as good as he is.

off the field. He's currently serving a 4 game suspension. What are we gonna do?

Just field our team with guys who've served 4 games suspensions like Trent and Fred.

I hope we pick up Routt on the cheap, now that he's cleared waivers. He won't cost us a Draft pick and he will be playing his butt off trying to earn a new contract.

How does this chart read?

Is it me or is josh Wilson rated 5 spots later than Talib.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:

The only thing I get from this is that you need to charge your battery.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that last column coverage rtg?

Josh Wilson I at a 105.3

Aquib Talib is 101.3

They are cbs. I care about coverage when I'm looking at a cb first.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Turtle here Routt would be a much better option. Talib has proven he can't stay out of trouble, and can't grow up after college as a professional. If Routt can be brought in for cheap he's the way to go right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: