Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakdown - Wallace TD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xjayex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, from what I've seen thus far from Hailey's offense, we don't NEED Wallace.

Would I like Wallace to stay? Yeah. Though, I think we could invest in other spots to strengthen what Hailey plans to do.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjayex wrote:
Personally, from what I've seen thus far from Hailey's offense, we don't NEED Wallace.

Would I like Wallace to stay? Yeah. Though, I think we could invest in other spots to strengthen what Hailey plans to do.

So you want to build our personnel around Haleys offensive philosophy? Do you think for one second Haley wont be gone if offered. another head coaching job?

I don't see us being able to afford Wallace, but I do think he will be hard to replace no matter what offense we have.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
If he can accept 9-10 a year; It's possible.

Cut Snack and Keisel; for starters. Then you see what the cap is and go from there.

I don't see why we cut Mendenhall? Are people really sold on Dwyer / Redman?

No one is "cutting" Mendy....he is a free agent.

I could see us bringing him back, depending on the cost....but they wont spend alot of resources on him. He is nothing special and can be replaced.

If you could get Ike or Mendenhall for the same money, who'd you pick?

Ike....quality CB's are much much much.....MUCH harder to find than RBs.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
xjayex wrote:

So you want to build our personnel around Haleys offensive philosophy? Do you think for one second Haley wont be gone if offered. another head coaching job?

I don't see us being able to afford Wallace, but I do think he will be hard to replace no matter what offense we have.

I doubt Haley is offered a job immediately unless our offense blows up.

And I think he would be more picky about the job he takes. I cant see him taking a job with a team that doesnt have some type of QB in place.

As far as Wallace....we have survived after losing Burress and Holmes....we can survive this. Its not like we dont have other talent at WR. Thats not meant to dog Wallace at all....just saying its not going to kill our offense or anything.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it won't kill us.... but it will hurt.

The offense is playing great..... if it continues to improve/impress I give Haley one more year as our O coordinator

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace is much more if a vertical threat then either Holmes or Plax...teams constantly S help over the top with him.

I'm not for overpaying anybody but losing Wallace hurts the offense more then what most you guys believe or want to believe.

Like I said earlier, do everything you can to resign him...within reason of course.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
If he can accept 9-10 a year; It's possible.

Cut Snack and Keisel; for starters. Then you see what the cap is and go from there.

I don't see why we cut Mendenhall? Are people really sold on Dwyer / Redman?

No one is "cutting" Mendy....he is a free agent.

I could see us bringing him back, depending on the cost....but they wont spend alot of resources on him. He is nothing special and can be replaced.

If you could get Ike or Mendenhall for the same money, who'd you pick?

Ike....quality CB's are much much much.....MUCH harder to find than RBs.

But Ike is much older and might break down. Mendy does get injured much more though. I can't recall Ike ever missing time. People kept saying how Ike was breaking down early this season and now people praise him. It's obviously not his body, but his head. He is very inconsistent, but I don't know. That one is close IMO.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
Wallace might be the only WR in the NFL that scores on that play.

He catches a lot of flak on here...but I do everything possible to resign him this offseason.
same here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go back and forth on this all the time, but in the end, no matter how GOOD Wallace is, if keeping him prevents us from keeping/signing even 2 quality players at positions of need, then you have to let him go get his payday somewhere else, IMO. But if it's simply making cap room by letting a few older guys (Keisel, Hampton, Foote) that we may have viable replacements waiting in the wings, then I wouldn;t mind them overpaying a bit.

Yes, he's a game changer, and that's why it's a tough choice. Hate to use the line that's WAY overused about our FO, but I do trust our FO to make the right decision w/ Wallace and won't be overly upset one way or the other.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
I go back and forth on this all the time, but in the end, no matter how GOOD Wallace is, if keeping him prevents us from keeping/signing even 2 quality players at positions of need, then you have to let him go get his payday somewhere else, IMO. But if it's simply making cap room by letting a few older guys (Keisel, Hampton, Foote) that we may have viable replacements waiting in the wings, then I wouldn;t mind them overpaying a bit.

Yes, he's a game changer, and that's why it's a tough choice. Hate to use the line that's WAY overused about our FO, but I do trust our FO to make the right decision w/ Wallace and won't be overly upset one way or the other.
his speed is worth it and playmaking abilities with his speed are worth it. That's why I'd bring him back. Still can sign other FAs and and really focus fixing other issues through the draft.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
treat88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
I'm not for overpaying anybody but losing Wallace hurts the offense more then what most you guys believe or want to believe.

Like I said earlier, do everything you can to resign him...within reason of course.

100% true.

The choice is basically go young on the D and tag Wallace or let him walk.

Keenan Lewis is really the only player on the D side of the ball that I believe it is imperative to re-sign/retain.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

100% true.

The choice is basically go young on the D and tag Wallace or let him walk.

Keenan Lewis is really the only player on the D side of the ball that I believe it is imperative to re-sign/retain.
i think they will strike a long term deal, if not they will tag him and work on a long term deal. I think Wallace got the message last offseason. He should have signed the deal that was offered to him. He needs to quit thinking he's getting fitz $, he's good but he's not as great as a wr like fitz
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
i think they will strike a long term deal, if not they will tag him and work on a long term deal.

I hope you are right. I think the chances are near 0% this happens, but I hope you are right.

turtle28 wrote:
He should have signed the deal that was offered to him.

If that deal was actually 5 for 50 with half guaranteed then I agree. I think he will make more as a UFA, but the risk of this season wouldn't be worth the difference to me. If that deal were similar to Brown's as has also been reported that would have been a horrible mistake for Wallace and would cost him 10's of millions in the long run.

turtle28 wrote:
He needs to quit thinking he's getting fitz $, he's good but he's not as great as a wr like fitz

Still have yet to see him or his agent quoted as truly asking for this type of deal. I almost wonder if it wasn't a Colbert/Khan driven rumor to scare teams off of matching his RFA tender.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."

Last edited by treat88 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Still have yet to see him or his agent quoted as truly asking for this type of deal. I almost wonder if it wasn't a Colbert/Khan driven rumor to scare teams off of matching his RFA tender.

Agreed.

Sick of people bringing up the Fitz thing when there is absolutely no proof that this was real. It was a rumor and for some reason, people pass it off as a fact to blast Wallace.

Funny theory about Colbert/Khan, but I doubt it.

simonwayne wrote:
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Funny theory about Colbert/Khan, but I doubt it.

Yeah I do too. Just a thought in passing, but it would've been pretty shrewd in an underhanded kind of way. Probably not their style, Colbert seems pretty forthright when he goes on the record.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: