Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stanford Routt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucsCanesFan6

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Stanford Routt Reply with quote

He was just cut today by the Chiefs. He was one of the most prized secondary targets this offseason, and I definitely think the Bucs should look into picking him up, he can only help this horrid secondary.

Here's an article on it: http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/11/5/3606346/tampa-should-work-out-stanford-routt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He commands a high salary over the next few years and this year, so no way should the Bucs place a Waiver claim in for him. Honestly, from reading what Cheifs fans had to say, he's been a huge dissappointment and terrible.

If or when he clears waivers, I wouldn't mind giving him a look, although I really don't know how much or if he'd improve the secondary.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we pass on him. Kc is terrible, if they don't want him why should we?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Change of scenery? Playing on a contending team?Coaching? These guys are people too.If he clears waivers then sign me up. Our guys are garbage right now.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Have you seen Eric wright? Better yet the whole damn secondary?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Yes we have. Adding another bad cb isn't going to improve either. Idk why there is a huge argument nor discussion.
Diesel00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Yes we have. Adding another bad cb isn't going to improve either. Idk why there is a huge argument nor discussion.

I look at it like this, we have horrid cb's so why not try another cb he might just need to be in a different system. Look how Nnamdi Asomugha was for the Raiders and now look at him with the Eagles. It's night and day..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our corners are easily the worst in the league and absolutely awful at best. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on a guy who has played well in this league in the past.

I mean, seriously? Wright is our #1 corner? He was too crap for Cleveland and Detroit. EJ Biggers? LOL. You know we're screwed when we're HOPING for Anthony Gaitor, who has never taken a meaningful snap. I see no way the corner situation can get any worse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it gets Myron Lewis off of this team, ABSOLUTELY...im done with the Myron Lewis experiment and hoping for ANYTHING from him

Last week put the icing on the cake. His form on that touchdown was so lazy and sloppy. Reece is a baller, and was a WR at Washington, but is a FB in the NFL(still runs in 4.4's)

The point was, Lewis in his only time on the field got TOASTED bad....It hurts to re watch that

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He cleared waivers.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, wouldn't mind bringing him in for a workout or signing, but also, really wouldn't go as far as criticizing the team and staff if they passed and didn't explore the option either.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on monday night countdown they said he missed his curfew the night before the chargers game.. and that was the final straw. i doubt we come close to this guy after going thru everything with Talib..
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
on monday night countdown they said he missed his curfew the night before the chargers game.. and that was the final straw. i doubt we come close to this guy after going thru everything with Talib..

I agree with you. At this point, Leonard Johnson looks like a keeper. Might as well continue to give Lequan Lewis, Gorrer, and even Tandy a look. Certainly I don't believe there will be that much of a drop off from Biggers or Myron Lewis. I think Gaitor can come off from PUP for the Eagles game, give him a chance if he is healthy.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
scottonatable wrote:

I agree with you. At this point, Leonard Johnson looks like a keeper. Might as well continue to give Lequan Lewis, Gorrer, and even Tandy a look. Certainly I don't believe there will be that much of a drop off from Biggers or Myron Lewis. I think Gaitor can come off from PUP for the Eagles game, give him a chance if he is healthy.
Leonard Johnson looks like Antoine Winfield out there on the field the past 3 weeks. I think the coaches will assign him to Steve Smith next week. Getting Gaitor back is huge; at least he is way better than Lewis. Biggers isn't that bad he just can never find the ball and doesn't have hands.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
scottonatable wrote:

Leonard Johnson looks like Antoine Winfield out there on the field the past 3 weeks. I think the coaches will assign him to Steve Smith next week. Getting Gaitor back is huge; at least he is way better than Lewis. Biggers isn't that bad he just can never find the ball and doesn't have hands.

I am just amazed at Biggers inability to sense the ball is in the air. The Royal deflection was a perfect example. If he gets his head around, he has an easy INT. I think the coaching staff is just better off rotating guys in off the roster and see if they can find another keeper like they have with Johnson. Johnson makes mistakes, but just keeps battling and is just the opposite of Biggers in that he knows when the ball is in the air.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: