Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quarless's Time is Up
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terranimal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Quarless's Time is Up Reply with quote

GBPG twitter says today is the day when Quarless either gets activated or has to go on IR. They are waiting to find out which way it's going to go.....
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Quarless's Time is Up Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
GBPG twitter says today is the day when Quarless either gets activated or has to go on IR. They are waiting to find out which way it's going to go.....
I wouldn't be shocked if we activate Quarless and put Perry on IR.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Terranimal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Quarless's Time is Up Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked if we activate Quarless and put Perry on IR.

That makes sense.

But also bulaga is up in the air also and they just took Sherrod off the PUP list, so he now has 3 weeks to be activated or IRed...if what i read late last night is correct on GBPG twitter.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly wouldn't mind IRing Quarless again and just getting him back next season full strength

El Ramster on the amazing work
blankman0021

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
i honestly wouldn't mind IRing Quarless again and just getting him back next season full strength

Good in theory, but that's a lot of wasted $$ if he could have contributed this year in some fashion. People play hurt, part of the game...it's just if they can be effective doing so (and able to play without risk of further injury).

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
stu29er

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that Quarless and Sherrod are placed on IR. They'll probably wait a week or two to place Perry on IR. Seems that they wait a little while when they're not exactly sure if its a season ending injury.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stu29er wrote:
My guess is that Quarless and Sherrod are placed on IR. They'll probably wait a week or two to place Perry on IR. Seems that they wait a little while when they're not exactly sure if its a season ending injury.

Sherrod was just activated from whichever PUP list he was on, and now has a couple weeks to practice before the Packers have to make a decision on him.

Today is that decision on Quarless.

Also, fix your avatar.
stu29er

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
stu29er wrote:

Sherrod was just activated from whichever PUP list he was on, and now has a couple weeks to practice before the Packers have to make a decision on him.

Today is that decision on Quarless.

Also, fix your avatar.

Done, realized after I posted that it was a little large.

I didn't realize that Sherrod was just activated. So that's good, buys some time. But not sure if he's going to be back this year. Hope so but not counting on it.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure we added Q to the roster. I saw a tweet somewhere that said it. I'll try and find it.

Think I'm mistaken. Can't find it. Maybe I misread a prediction tweet.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Pretty sure we added Q to the roster. I saw a tweet somewhere that said it. I'll try and find it.

Think I'm mistaken. Can't find it. Maybe I misread a prediction tweet.
My guess is they will activate him, you always want to wait as long as you can, not because Quarless isn't healthy, but because of these types of situations. If you activate him early you have to make room for him and either cut or IR a player, going as long as you can only makes the most sense. If Quarless wasn't healthy I have very little doubt that our staff would have treated him with kid gloves and put him on IR and not returned him to practice.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if he could go this year. He's the closest we have to a Finley skillset on the team at the TE position.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
SDN40

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure you dont try to stash him if you can. Its not like we have a shortage of TE's on the roster and I dont think TT would be in a rush to cut any of them. That coupled with the numerous other injuries makes me think IR. This is based totally on the numbers game

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
I'm not so sure you dont try to stash him if you can. Its not like we have a shortage of TE's on the roster and I dont think TT would be in a rush to cut any of them. That coupled with the numerous other injuries makes me think IR. This is based totally on the numbers game
If he is healthy he is the #2 TE on this team. If he is healthy I play him and dont think twice about it. For my money I think he is the best blocking TE on the team and is probably the 2nd best receiving TE on the roster. I liked his pass pro out of the backfield and inline blocking, if he can go, I hope we use him.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
SDN40

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
If he is healthy he is the #2 TE on this team. If he is healthy I play him and dont think twice about it. For my money I think he is the best blocking TE on the team and is probably the 2nd best receiving TE on the roster. I liked his pass pro out of the backfield and inline blocking, if he can go, I hope we use him.

Who are you gonna cut ? Can we go with 5 TE's on a roster with so many injuries ? Thats a tough call IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
Who are you gonna cut ? Can we go with 5 TE's on a roster with so many injuries ? Thats a tough call IMO.

With Kuhn out - it is a possibility.

Sig brought to you by Justo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: