Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agents - Who do you want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'd rather have Vincent Jackson than Pierre "hop a long" Garçon and Morgan combined, but if we had signed Jackson be would have gotten injured also. Knowing our luck Sad

Pierre Garcon has no off-field issues. Vincent Jackson is one toe out of the line to a year-long suspension.

It sucks that Pierre Garcon is likely headed for IR, but injuries happen.
yeah. You keep saying that, but it's ben a while since he's ben in trouble and I believe VJax played more that 1 half this year... Right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'd rather have Vincent Jackson than Pierre "hop a long" Garçon and Morgan combined, but if we had signed Jackson be would have gotten injured also. Knowing our luck Sad

Pierre Garcon has no off-field issues. Vincent Jackson is one toe out of the line to a year-long suspension.

yeah. You keep saying that, but it's ben a while since he's ben in trouble and I believe VJax played more that 1 half this year... Right?
I don't think it really matters. Rarely are free agents the "saviors" they are hoped to be. However, it is too soon to judge our free agent signings this past offseason. Specifically, Josh Morgan has looked reliable but it is too soon to tell and Pierre Garcon is injured. The offense has not been this problem this season Vincent Jackson wouldn't have made a difference.

That being said I hope we stick with the strategy we've been using, that is to pick up lower tier younger free agents who can be role players on our teams. Our team is already young and full of quality reserve players what we need are playmakers who can impact the game significantly. Those kind of players do not hit free agency. Therefore I hope we stray away from all the big named highly priced free agents. Lets hope we continue to draft well and can land some playmakers of our own.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I don't think it really matters. Rarely are free agents the "saviors" they are hoped to be. However, it is too soon to judge our free agent signings this past offseason. Specifically, Josh Morgan has looked reliable but it is too soon to tell and Pierre Garcon is injured. The offense has not been this problem this season Vincent Jackson wouldn't have made a difference.

That being said I hope we stick with the strategy we've been using, that is to pick up lower tier younger free agents who can be role players on our teams. Our team is already young and full of quality reserve players what we need are playmakers who can impact the game significantly. Those kind of players do not hit free agency. Therefore I hope we stray away from all the big named highly priced free agents. Lets hope we continue to draft well and can land some playmakers of our own.

If Garcon is healthy, then Morgan plays better. because he does not have so much attention on him. Morgan is not a #1 and doesnt play like it.

Without Garcon, Morgan cant play the position that he can play.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

If Garcon is healthy, then Morgan plays better. because he does not have so much attention on him. Morgan is not a #1 and doesnt play like it.

I wasn't hating on our free agent signiings this past offseason, quite the opposite.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not hating on our free agent choices either. My main point was VJax hasn't been injured but then I just blame that on our bad luck as a franchise. If we had signed anyone to a contract like Garcons' they probably would have gotten injured knowing our luck. It's why I'm glad of what we are doing as a franchise as mike23 said. Focusing on the draft signing low and mid level free agents. Not putting all our stock in one guy is going to save the franchise.

Need an example- see The Haynesworth mistake Laughing

Which a few of us called from the beginning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to add another name and we should be able to get this guy for like a 3 year deal paying him a few million a year.

Pat Sims, NT Cincinnati Bengals.

He is 26. 6'2, 335 lbs. seems like a great fit for our 3-4 system. This would allow us to move Cofield to DE. Having Cofield, Bowen, Carriker and Jenkins in our rotation at DE would be amazing. Then Neild and Baker as back up NT's.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

this is true, and to throw a bone at Morgan he is our leading wr right now. I was never too much a fan of the signing, I made it known i wanted Manningham who signed a contract that is 4 million less than Morgans.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'm going to add another name and we should be able to get this guy for like a 3 year deal paying him a few million a year.

He is 26. 6'2, 335 lbs. seems like a great fit for our 3-4 system. This would allow us to move Cofield to DE. Having Cofield, Bowen, Carriker and Jenkins in our rotation at DE would be amazing. Then Neild and Baker as back up NT's.

Sims with the Pick on Eli buddy! Wink

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

this is true, and to throw a bone at Morgan he is our leading wr right now. I was never too much a fan of the signing, I made it known i wanted Manningham who signed a contract that is 4 million less than Morgans.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Sims with the Pick on Eli buddy! Wink
i know! Did I effin call that one or what?? Lmfao Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444137-2013-washington-redskins-free-agent-wish-list?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=washington-redskins

Good list by Tom Natali here.

1. I'd hope for Salary Cap penalty abolishment.
2. Re-sign Fred Davis
3. Cut Morgan in favor of Mike Wallace
4. Cut DHall in favor of Sean Smith
5. Sign Dashon Golston
6. Cut Jamaal Brown, sign Sebastian Volmer

Then you have Orakpo, Carriker, Meriweather and Helu return. That'd be sick. Unlikely it happens, but great roadmap
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444137-2013-washington-redskins-free-agent-wish-list?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=washington-redskins

2. Re-sign Fred Davis
5. Sign Dashon Golston

Then you have Orakpo, Carriker, Meriweather and Helu return. That'd be sick. Unlikely it happens, but great roadmap

I personally think signing Wallace would be waste because we already have what he brings in Garcon, so in place of him I would go after Bowe or Wes Walker (both who I think we can get at a cheaper price than Wallace). I agree with the move's of bringing back Davis and the signings of Smith and Volmer. If we can't Volmer, Ryan Clady is also a FA (but we would have to see if he could play the RT position being as though he plays LT) Instead of of going after Golston I would give the money we would give to him and split that among Reggie Bush and Rey Maualuga or a LB like Anthony Spencer. We would address the Safety position in the draft.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

2. Re-sign Fred Davis
5. Sign Dashon Golston

I personally think signing Wallace would be waste because we already have what he brings in Garcon, so in place of him I would go after Bowe or Wes Walker (both who I think we can get at a cheaper price than Wallace). I agree with the move's of bringing back Davis and the signings of Smith and Volmer. If we can't Volmer, Ryan Clady is also a FA (but we would have to see if he could play the RT position being as though he plays LT) Instead of of going after Golston I would give the money we would give to him and split that among Reggie Bush and Rey Maualuga or a LB like Anthony Spencer. We would address the Safety position in the draft.
you're picking some guys that i think will be out of our price range. Bowe is going to get Fitzgerald type $. Mike Wallace won't, he's also a down down field threat, different than Garcon IMO. Garcon is a tough catch guy who breaks tackles and can take it to the house but doesn't have many over the top speed catches. Aldrick Robinson is that guy for us.

Clady is a pro bowl LT. He will never play RT, at least not for us.

Don't need Reggie Bush or to be paying a Rb a big salary as they always get hurt.

Cutting Fletcher and signing Maualuga would be a good move. Might be more expensive to do that though.

Signing Golston would be the best thing for our D. We need a safety like he or Byrd
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

2. Re-sign Fred Davis
5. Sign Dashon Golston

you're picking some guys that i think will be out of our price range. Bowe is going to get Fitzgerald type $. Mike Wallace won't, he's also a down down field threat, different than Garcon IMO. Garcon is a tough catch guy who breaks tackles and can take it to the house but doesn't have many over the top speed catches. Aldrick Robinson is that guy for us.

Clady is a pro bowl LT. He will never play RT, at least not for us.

Don't need Reggie Bush or to be paying a Rb a big salary as they always get hurt.

Cutting Fletcher and signing Maualuga would be a good move. Might be more expensive to do that though.

Signing Golston would be the best thing for our D. We need a safety like he or Byrd

I think Wallace will for sure get paid more than Bowe and Welker. Clady was brung up because of his dayz under Shanahan and he already knows our scheme. Like I said he would only come here or would be targeted only if he was versitile enough to play RT instead of LT. I think the combination or Bush and Morris would be great. Morris the power guy and Bush as the speedster. These are just my opinion nothing is guaranteed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeriweather, Drc, patrick chung, sean smith, rolando mcclain. I doubt jairus byrd gets free but he would be at the top

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: