Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Players of week 9: RB Marin, LB Urlacher, DB McManis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: NFC Players of week 9: RB Marin, LB Urlacher, DB McManis Reply with quote

Quote:
#Buccaneers rookie RB Doug Martin named NFC offensive player of week 9.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/266194252726427648

Quote:
#Bears LB Brian Urlacher was named NFC Defensive Player of Week 9.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/266198906969411584

Quote:
#Bears DB Sherrick McManis was named NFC Special Teams Player of Week 9.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/266203898421846016
Tom Brady Tribute
Porter22

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urlacher had a good game, but for me it should have been either Cam Jordan (3 sacks, 1 forced fumble) or Charles Tillmann (4 forced fumbles).
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...what the heck is it with former Texans making ST plays now? First, Jacoby Jones with the 108 yard KR TD, then Trindon Holliday with his 105 KR TD, now McManis with the blocked punt?

If our ST was good, I could ignore it...but it's not good. It's the opposite of good.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm. 4 forced fumbles for Charles Tillman. That's unheard of. I'd go with him.

Laughing It should just be the Bear of the Week.

Free Ray Rice
malak1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would be close, but in the end they would give it to Tillman. 4 FF is pretty incredible.
mse326

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
...what the heck is it with former Texans making ST plays now? First, Jacoby Jones with the 108 yard KR TD, then Trindon Holliday with his 105 KR TD, now McManis with the blocked punt?

If our ST was good, I could ignore it...but it's not good. It's the opposite of good.

Well let's be fair. We were are saying Jacoby and Holliday had to go.

As for McManis I said that was a mistake when we did it. The fact that he was cut so we could keep guys like Carmichael and Keo is just painful.

#JDI
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

As for McManis I said that was a mistake when we did it. The fact that he was cut so we could keep guys like Carmichael and Keo is just painful.

Thought he was traded for Tyler Clutts?

mse326

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
mse326 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

That's right. Doesn't change my point there. Not like Clutts means jack to us.

McManis is better on ST than Keo and I have no doubt he'd be a better safety too. There was no reason to make the trade (which we really only did because we were gonna cut him anyway).

A ST with McManis, Braman, and Ball would have been pretty nice.

#JDI
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
mse326 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

That's right. Doesn't change my point there. Not like Clutts means jack to us.

McManis is better on ST than Keo and I have no doubt he'd be a better safety too. There was no reason to make the trade (which we really only did because we were gonna cut him anyway).

A ST with McManis, Braman, and Ball would have been pretty nice.

Ah, ok...got what you meant there, my bad.

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

Most of it has to do with coaching IMO... Dave Toub is the best ST coach in the NFL by a long shot. He has been rumored as a HC candidate, and I believe he would excel as one.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Most of it has to do with coaching IMO... Dave Toub is the best ST coach in the NFL by a long shot. He has been rumored as a HC candidate, and I believe he would excel as one.

Thing is, there was a time where Joe Marciano was one of the better ST coaches out there. He's been on the Texans since inception - yes, even after Bob McNair fired Dom Capers, Charlie Casserly and every other coach under that regime, he kept Marciano.

He's coached up a few guys to Pro Bowl level status in returns (JJ Moses and Jerome Mathis both went to Hawaii for their KR ability) and had some outstanding efforts out of the likes of Jacoby Jones, Andre Davis, Danieal Manning...there's a track record for the guy, he's been very good in what he does, prior to about midway through 2010...then, just out of left field, everything that Marciano touches turns to poo.

blkwdw13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Thing is, there was a time where Joe Marciano was one of the better ST coaches out there. He's been on the Texans since inception - yes, even after Bob McNair fired Dom Capers, Charlie Casserly and every other coach under that regime, he kept Marciano.

He's coached up a few guys to Pro Bowl level status in returns (JJ Moses and Jerome Mathis both went to Hawaii for their KR ability) and had some outstanding efforts out of the likes of Jacoby Jones, Andre Davis, Danieal Manning...there's a track record for the guy, he's been very good in what he does, prior to about midway through 2010...then, just out of left field, everything that Marciano touches turns to poo.

Manning was coached up by Dave Toub on STs until last season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

Doog?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: