Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady and the Bunch : Steelers vs. Chiefs GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Brady and the Bunch : Steelers vs. Chiefs GDT Reply with quote

The Contestants

vs.

Time

Monday Night Football! November 12, 8:30 PM EST

Injury Reports

Pittsburgh

Troy Polamalu - OUT
Sylvester Stevenson - OUT
Marcus Gilbert - Hopefully FourThreeMafia's next victim? Thankfully, OUT
Rashard Mendenhall - Doubtful
Jonathan Dwyer - Doubtful
Baron Batch - Probable
Ryan Clark - Probable
Issac Redman - Probable
LaMarr Woodley - Probable

Kansas City

I don't know yet? Ask their mods Laughing

Keys to Victory

We play against this guy....

Who is leading a team... that, well, has never had the lead, in a game; all year. If we need keys to victory; we're screwed. Laughing

Now for teh hawties! Very Happy

LET'S GO STEELERS!

Last edited by steelcurtain29 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brady Quinn's confirmed the starter? I don't know the Chiefs injury situation.

I would prefer that. I don't think Matt Cassel is a great QB, but IMO is much better then Quinn and can play "great" at times. And it truly takes great QB play to bring down Lebeau's D.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Quinn was out? Perhaps I'm thinking of last weeks news.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in the Giants thread: I think Ike and Keenan will have a bigger challenge facing the physicality of Bowe and Baldwin than Cruz and Nicks. I could see Ike pulling and grabbing Bowe to try and stop him, similar to what happened with Fitz. Big deal is to add pressure, because of their mediocre QB play.
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: I feel different about the Steelers all of a sudden. Reply with quote

I will be the first to say that I could definitely find myself eating my words come Monday night. But hear me out. Games such as this upcoming KC game have ALWAYS provided the Steelers with frustration and way too much of a struggle. I believe that this is NOT a trap game as it would have been in the past for us. The days of the Steelers playing down to their competition may well be over. I think the reason for this is simple; Todd Haley. Bruce Arians presided over an offense that was often explosive and exciting, but just as often anemic and turnover-prone. It did not suit a team with an aging defense and a talented but risk-taking QB.

As many fans, and Rooney himself eventually, have been saying for years, we needed a running, ball control offense. Not because Big Ben was not capable of leading a pass-first offense, because he has proven over and over that he is a very effective field general in the no-huddle, but because the nature of our TEAM demands it. A time-consuming and opponenet-frustrating offensive strategy, combined with a QB who can make the most critical of throws at the most critical of times (see: Ben on 3rd downs this year/every year), always seemed to me like a deadly combination.

Suddenly, our once questionable skill positions on offense are looking as deep as ever. Who is a product of what scheme, and what scheme is a product of which talented players, can always be debated. But look at these names: Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Chris Rainey, Isaac Redman, John Dwyer, Rashard Mendenhall, Heath Miller, and many more. Our offensive drafting has been superb, not questionable. And while our defense hasn't been as flasy, the young players their are ALSO proving fans wrong in regards to our drafting. As I said at the beginning of the year, it is unreasonable to expect 2008 all over again in regards to our D, but it is ALSO unreasonable to say they are cooked. Leabeau might be slow at adjusting these days, but make no mistake, he still CAN adjust. And he has shown that over the last few games, in the face of relentless injuries.

And, finally, despite many fan's claims that our drafts have failed us, here we are on a 3-game winning streak, having just knocked off the Champs, RIDING THE SURGING WAVE OF MOMENTUM OF OUR OFFENSIVE LINE'S RUN BLOCKING. I can't believe I just typed that. But I had faith, even earlier this year, that our drafting has not been as bad as so many had us believe. I think this year has already served notice, make the playoffs or not, that the Steelers are not, in fact, in a "rebuilding" phase, but rather, right where they have always been. Reloading, not rebuilding. NFL, you have been warned.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Baltimore next week.... changes coming to KC defense.... Bowe and Baldwin....

Definite trap game. I'm nervous but more confident than I was going into the Oakland or Tennessee's games.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter that #Steelers OC Todd Haley "would not hesitate" to run up the score against the #Chiefs on MNF.

https://mobile.twitter.com/evansilva/status/266206295416254465?

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter that #Steelers OC Todd Haley "would not hesitate" to run up the score against the #Chiefs on MNF.

Laughing Laughing

Funny...but he just needs to worry about winning first. With our history of playing down to inferior opponents, noone on our team should be getting cocky or looking forward to running up the score.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Quote:

Laughing Laughing

Funny...but he just needs to worry about winning first. With our history of playing down to inferior opponents, noone on our team should be getting cocky or looking forward to running up the score.

Agreed... don't get cocky Haley!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Derek Moye to PS Reply with quote

Derek Moye to PS , TE McCoy released... just got the text. Wasn't gonna start a new thread just for this. But Moye got any long term potential?

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
C$!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know why but I posted this in the old GDT about this game so I'm putting it ehre also:

We should win handely, but the Steelers style is to play close games. I do think that if we can keep our running game going strong, it might not be AS close. The problem in the past few years is the lack of a run game. Running will open up their D, which should open up bigger plays for the Offence. Plaus no BA predictible play calling after the Steelers go up 10 or 14.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just PLEASE no fake Field Goals!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Derek Moye to PS Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Derek Moye to PS , TE McCoy released... just got the text. Wasn't gonna start a new thread just for this. But Moye got any long term potential?

I wanted to get him as a UDFA. Moye was very solid in college, even if unspectacular. Decent addition IMO. More upside to help this team than McCoy, at least.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Haley lets run the score up and prove the league that we are a offense to be reckoned with. 38-3 Steelers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see the Steelers blow out a team they are suppose to blow out. They have only 1 quality win this year but 3 losses against non-quality teams.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: