Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KT's latest and greatest
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Lewan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Cowboys have used a 1st round pick on the OL once in the last 30 years and it was on a Franchise LT - they're not using one on a Guard, let alone the 11th overall.

Matt Barkley to groom behind Romo for a couple years or Bjoern Werner to replace Anthony Spencer,

Thats a terrible idea. Our O line is getting our young, skill position players killed. And your answer is to draft a QB, again with no protection, and another FRICKIN OLB!!!!???? STOP with OLB's! They are not helping. We need a push up front. If not an O lineman in the 1st then at the very least a NT!

Disagree,if a top QB is there that we like,we take them.(Although I'm not a fan of Barkley)

Yes we need to fix our O-Line,but this can be addressed through free agency and in other early rounds outside of the 1st,and I'd particularly hate it if we got a Guard at pick 11.I honestly only see us replacing Bernadeau and 'maybe' Costa if he doesn't play this year/plays badly.

As for not wanting an OLB.. really? You can have fun with Albright/Wilber all you like,but if Spencer doesn't resign,OLB most likely becomes our 1st round pick.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Cowboys have used a 1st round pick on the OL once in the last 30 years and it was on a Franchise LT - they're not using one on a Guard, let alone the 11th overall.

Matt Barkley to groom behind Romo for a couple years or Bjoern Werner to replace Anthony Spencer,

That is because Jerry Jones is an idiot and if he continues his idiot ways and neglecting the Oline then Dallas will always be a 6-10-9-7 team.

We have spent 7 2nd-3rd round picks and 9 4th-7th round picks on OL the last 10 drafts. We haven't neglected it we have just chosen poorly or failed to properly develop it. Either way the Cowboys will never use a top 15 pick on a Guard.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Thats a terrible idea. Our O line is getting our young, skill position players killed. And your answer is to draft a QB, again with no protection, and another FRICKIN OLB!!!!???? STOP with OLB's! They are not helping. We need a push up front. If not an O lineman in the 1st then at the very least a NT!

Romo is 32 and his contract voids after next season - even if he gets a new contract it'll likely only be through 2015 with a team option for 2016. Unless you want to go back to the Quincy Carter Vinny Testaverde era, we need to start grooming someone. Barkley was seen by most as a blue chip prospect prior to this year and getting him where a Tannehill or a Dalton is usually found is hard to pass on.

And Spencer is going to get top 5 money and I doubt its from us. Wilberforce and Butler aren't starting SOLB material and we need someone to replace him opposite of Ware.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like us winning the Super Bowl, not so much on the pick. CB is pretty stacked with Williams-Shields-Hayward-House they are a pretty young group, interior pass rush is where we are still struggling. O-line keeps looking like a big need. We need a Center for the future and Sherrod cant get healthy and Bulaga just got hurt too, so a Center or OT isn't out of the question.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say go Star Lotulelei for the Bengals. Either take him, or trade with someone who wants him more. Too rare of an athlete to let pass by even if we did go DT in round two and three last year. Geno and Star would be the best DT duo in the NFL, and Still would probably be moved to DE.

mrobinson14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else realize that Mingo is missing?

Props to NickZamba for the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrobinson14 wrote:
Anybody else realize that Mingo is missing?

Anyone who has seen any of my post since pre season knows I don't like Mingo at all. Currently he is my 9th or 10th ranked DE can't remember where he is right now without looking but its further down.

I've got into arguements with many about him and so far this season his play is proving me right whether people want to admitt it or not. He has been a no show all year. Even his "big" sack against South Carolina he was unblocked.

Jamison on the sig
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, you have rocks in your head if you think Seattle is picking #29. That made me laugh Laughing. Secondly, Markus Wheaton is nowhere near a first round pick. He's a 3rd rounder at best, most likely a 4th rounder. With that said, I think he has a chance to be an NFL star.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine by me.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: KT's latest and greatest Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

7. Cleveland :: Star Lotulelei DT/DE Utah
If the New coaching staff decides to run a 3-4 which i'm in favor of this is a great pick but if we stay with a 4 man front this pick doesn't make much since to me.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: KT's latest and greatest Reply with quote

BrownsDog23 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

7. Cleveland :: Star Lotulelei DT/DE Utah
If the New coaching staff decides to run a 3-4 which i'm in favor of this is a great pick but if we stay with a 4 man front this pick doesn't make much since to me.

Yeah I was expermenting with Cleveland going 34 since Haslam is now our owner and has strong ties to a lot of Pittsburgh people. Lotulelei supposedly has Ngata type potential and if that is the case then a defensive line the goes Lotulelei/Rubin/Taylor would be a force in this league. Also great depth with Rucker/Hughes/Winn off the bench.

Jamison on the sig
Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent Colts pick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Chiefs draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: