Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Playoff Picture
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's look at the whole NFC conference.as whole(going say the division leaders win the division.maybe switch the bears & pack but thats bout it)
1.Atlanta-
2.Da Bears
3. the 49ers.
4.The G-men
THE WILD CARDS-
5.)Green Bay.
6.) Seattle.

some teams we can already knock off for the play-offs this yr(barring a miracle) Carolina, Washington. the loser of Dallas/Philly this week)

Slim Chances- winner of Dallas/philly , the rams, the saints, Airzona,

Now- the teams Left- The Viks(just cause of AP-, Tampa and The Lions-
The Viks probally have the hardest schedule left 2 with gb n chi town the texans, us and the rams.

Tampa-has Atl twice the Saints , SD Carolina,Denver Philly,

Lions have-Pack twice houston zona, colts bears,Atl

Seattle-the jets,dolphins,bears,cards,buf 49ers,rams,

Seattle has the easiest schedule left but have lost some games they should have won this yr already... that being said, i think either Seattle or us makes it as the last wild card...
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdubs3316 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Atlanta is the biggest fraud team this year. Matt Ryan will not sustain this play. They are probably the third easiest team left in this schedule. And at home, I'm calling that one a win. Also think we split with all teams in the division, so that's four wins. Indy and Arizona should be wins. That's 6. I dont think we have a chance against Houston.

10-7

I think if GB can go into Houston and dominate them...we could have a chance in our home stadium.

Disagree. They are a horrible matchup for us. Offensively, we have to go up against the most balanced D in the NFL. Watt will destroy Gosder and be in Matt's face all day.

Defensively, we are going up against the best RB in the NFL and one of the best receivers and a QB that can win games.

I don't like this matchup, at all. The only thing we have going for us is that Houston's Special Teams is almost as bad as ours.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Atlanta is the biggest fraud team this year. Matt Ryan will not sustain this play. They are probably the third easiest team left in this schedule. And at home, I'm calling that one a win. Also think we split with all teams in the division, so that's four wins. Indy and Arizona should be wins. That's 6. I dont think we have a chance against Houston.

10-7

I think if GB can go into Houston and dominate them...we could have a chance in our home stadium.

Disagree. They are a horrible matchup for us. Offensively, we have to go up against the most balanced D in the NFL. Watt will destroy Gosder and be in Matt's face all day.

Defensively, we are going up against the best RB in the NFL and one of the best receivers and a QB that can win games.

I don't like this matchup, at all. The only thing we have going for us is that Houston's Special Teams is almost as bad as ours.

You're going to be at the game yelling your behind off like everyone else continuing the tradition of Ford Field being a tough place to play.

I agree with your assessment but the 22nd is still a few games away.

They will need to use RR at TE a bunch this game and throw a bunch of quick passes to slow the rush. While the Lions aren't favoured they can win the game.

Defensively I'm not as worried about Foster as I would have been last year.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
38andy38

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:

10-7

I kind of agree, there are a couple of teams winning games and being crowned right now who IMO are frauds. Atlanta and Chicago. Chicago has beaten 1 team (Indy) with a winning record. We lived in their red zone and coughed up the ball - realistically they didn't turn it over we did) to lose the game at Soldier field. Their defence has been unreal against a bad group of QBs and they will be brought back to earth in he next 2 weeks vs Hou & SF

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep rooting for Atlanta to win, maybe they'll rest their starters against us, not that we can't beat them otherwise.
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
bdubs3316 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

10-7

I'm not giving us a victory there, as you can see in my earlier post...but I'm not saying it's a 100% chance we lose, like what it seems you're doing.

Yes, they're balanced...but did you expect the Packers to go into their stadium and trounce them? I'll call b.s. if you say yes.

As they say, any given Sunday...or in this case Thursday.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys can knock off Minny this week b/c of QB play, and you probably can steal a win from the Pack w/ their injury situation (please do btw). I'm hoping we're sitting starters in week 17 already securing a first round bye so I'll give you guys that one too. Indy will be a tough one for your guys, but I think you'll win a close one there. Arizona is another one where QB play should be the difference and I think you'll win that one. I can't see anymore wins for you on that schedule tho. 9-7 and probably in a tie breaker scenario for the 6th seed.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
38andy38

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I think you guys can knock off Minny this week b/c of QB play, and you probably can steal a win from the Pack w/ their injury situation (please do btw). I'm hoping we're sitting starters in week 17 already securing a first round bye so I'll give you guys that one too. Indy will be a tough one for your guys, but I think you'll win a close one there. Arizona is another one where QB play should be the difference and I think you'll win that one. I can't see anymore wins for you on that schedule tho. 9-7 and probably in a tie breaker scenario for the 6th seed.

Counting your chickens before they hatch don't you think? Only 1/2 way there with a lot of good football ahead.

Chicago is a very good, but the defensive performance has got the media touting them sooo much that they are now an overrated team. They have beaten up on weakened offenses, especially those with a poor offensive line. The Texans have a top O-Line and a QB not prone to turnovers. Cam Newton had a nice showing against CHI for 95% of their game. The Lions pushed the Bears around on Monday Night a couple weeks ago (then fumbled it away several times in the red-zone).

The Bears turnover-TDs are statistically improbable to keep happening. The Texans will lineup and punch the Bears in the mouth, and send them reeling. The Bears-Defense will not have 3+ sacks with multiple picks and a D-TD (or two) versus the Texans, nor will they hold them under 20 points. The Bears come back to reality this week with the 49ers licking their chops the week after.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Counting your chickens before they hatch don't you think? Only 1/2 way there with a lot of good football ahead.

Chicago is a very good, but the defensive performance has got the media touting them sooo much that they are now an overrated team. They have beaten up on weakened offenses, especially those with a poor offensive line. The Texans have a top O-Line and a QB not prone to turnovers. Cam Newton had a nice showing against CHI for 95% of their game. The Lions pushed the Bears around on Monday Night a couple weeks ago (then fumbled it away several times in the red-zone).

The Bears turnover-TDs are statistically improbable to keep happening. The Texans will lineup and punch the Bears in the mouth, and send them reeling. The Bears-Defense will not have 3+ sacks with multiple picks and a D-TD (or two) versus the Texans, nor will they hold them under 20 points. The Bears come back to reality this week with the 49ers licking their chops the week after.
a) you must have missed the hoping part
b) you don't get shut out for 59:30 and then claim to have pushed around a defense. Yes you got into the redzone and got 0 points for it for damn near the whole night. What part of that is what our D is designed to do don't you understand
c) The Pack only put up 16 points on our D

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
38andy38

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
38andy38 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

a) you must have missed the hoping part

I didn't miss it but the backhanded concession of a win in week 17 against your scrubs deserved a like response IMO

b) you don't get shut out for 59:30 and then claim to have pushed around a defense. Yes you got into the redzone and got 0 points for it for damn near the whole night. What part of that is what our D is designed to do don't you understand

You must have missed the point all together. In a close divisional game in which alot of you Bear fans predicted a huge blowout of the Lions the game was decided by the Lions gaffes not the vaunted defense. On the scoresheet it looks good for your argument but realistically the Lions just need to clean up their game and beating the Bears is easily within the realms of possibility

c) The Pack only put up 16 points on our D.

See "poor offensive line" comment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: