Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 10 vs. Bye
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the highlight of the season thus far?
Victory within division against the Bengals
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
T-Rich leads Browns over the Chargers
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Gordon looking like our #1 receiver for years to come
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Hornby's rants in the oppsing team's GDT
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Nug's starting back to back GDT's in enemy territory
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: GDT Week 10 vs. Bye Reply with quote

So, the season has went how most assumed, not well.

There have been bright spots

So as we have a week to relax and pay attention to the other games, lets try to stay positive about our Browns and towards each other.

Game 1: Colts at Jaguars... Who likes the Jags for this game?

bungleodeon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That who wants to be a millionaire picture can't be real. I refuse to believe it!
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is theoposing team this week?

Time to invade who is with me?

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been going hard this week

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid Ratbirds bit us Dawgs in the tail and ended our season.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance Pat Shurmur screws up clock management during the bye week?

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 17 tackles, 2 sacks
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hornbys pic and the Elephant pic are amazing.

Btw...

Bye Week: 24
Browns: 18

Phil Dawson kicks 6 more field goals, all from inside the 5 yardline because... A. We can't get in the endzone. B. Shurmur has no marbles.

Hodges punts 9 times, averaging about 29.6 per punt. Normally that would be bad, but all of the punts are from inside Bye Weeks territory as we can't pick up any third and shorts.

Epic Fail is Epic

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On offense Trent is the real thing. The off. line is getting better and better. Wide Receivers give us hope. Tight Ends need to improve. Weeden needs to get a lot better.

On defense corners are playing well. Ward has really improved. Free safety remains a concern. Def. Line has their ups and downs. Linebackers are not very good in pass coverage. Run defense needs to improve.

Special teams teams outside of Dawson are not very special.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our season will be defined in the next 5 weeks coming up after the bye. All season long I have been fighting with you guys saying we will win 6 of the last 11 games while most were crying 0-16. In order for us to do that the next 5 games a crucial we have 3 home games against beatable teams in Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Washington. The 2 games on the road are against Oakland who is beatable anytime anywhere by any team. The other is the Cowboys who are an accident waiting to happen as the ESPN guys say. Dallas is also not been a very good home team.

IMO the tone of the rest of the season will be set at home against Pittsburgh. It doesn't matter what the coaches and players say Pittsburgh is not just another game. They have been the long time hated rival of the Browns and much more than that they are the measuring stick right now. For the Browns to get where they want to go they have to go through Pittsburgh and that game is going to tell us how we stack up in the near future. If we come out of that game with a victory the spirts of this team are going to be at an all time high and we could ride that high to 3 or even 4 more wins. If we get blown out in that game I could see us dropping should win games against Oakland and Kansas City and letting RG3 run all over us then tanking if for the last tough games against Manning and again Pittsburgh.

I have us beating Pittsburgh at home, Kansas City at Home, Oakland on the road and then one of Washington or Dallas. Peyton Manning will be too much for our defense and Pittsburgh will be playing for playoffs and kick us in the teeth week 17.

6-10

Jamison on the sig
NickZambo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Our season will be defined in the next 5 weeks coming up after the bye. All season long I have been fighting with you guys saying we will win 6 of the last 11 games while most were crying 0-16. In order for us to do that the next 5 games a crucial we have 3 home games against beatable teams in Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Washington. The 2 games on the road are against Oakland who is beatable anytime anywhere by any team. The other is the Cowboys who are an accident waiting to happen as the ESPN guys say. Dallas is also not been a very good home team.

IMO the tone of the rest of the season will be set at home against Pittsburgh. It doesn't matter what the coaches and players say Pittsburgh is not just another game. They have been the long time hated rival of the Browns and much more than that they are the measuring stick right now. For the Browns to get where they want to go they have to go through Pittsburgh and that game is going to tell us how we stack up in the near future. If we come out of that game with a victory the spirts of this team are going to be at an all time high and we could ride that high to 3 or even 4 more wins. If we get blown out in that game I could see us dropping should win games against Oakland and Kansas City and letting RG3 run all over us then tanking if for the last tough games against Manning and again Pittsburgh.

I have us beating Pittsburgh at home, Kansas City at Home, Oakland on the road and then one of Washington or Dallas. Peyton Manning will be too much for our defense and Pittsburgh will be playing for playoffs and kick us in the teeth week 17.

6-10

For the sake of the psyche and the development of the PLAYERS on this team, I hope we win at least 6 games this year. I'll be honest, I liked Shurmur and was giving the benefit of the doubt all along up until recently. I really don't think Shurmur has what it takes. We have a wealth of talent on this team, but they are constantly falling short. Call it inexperience, but a 6-19 record is pretty poor.

I think we have the talented players in place and I think financially we are in a position to succeed, thanks to Heckert. But I just dont think Shurmur is the answer anymore. Unless this team goes 6-1 the rest of the way, no doubt Haslam is replacing him...

That being said, I dont want to see Shurmur fired during the season only to have a lame duck interim coach, b/c I really dont want that decision to negatively impact the young/growing players on this team. It's not about the coaches anymore, it's about the players growth and trusting the judgement of Haslam & Banner.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
That who wants to be a millionaire picture can't be real. I refuse to believe it!

Yeah, it's fake. Funny, but fake.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
6-10

That would be nice. I also believe that we are more than capable of reaching it (4-3 the rest of the way).

I'm not very hopeful of Shurmur or Heckert being retained, but I would very much like to see these young players continue to grow and learn what it takes to win games.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Entropy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Hornbys pic and the Elephant pic are amazing.

Btw...

Bye Week: 24
Browns: 18

Phil Dawson kicks 6 more field goals, all from inside the 5 yardline because... A. We can't get in the endzone. B. Shurmur has no marbles.

Hodges punts 9 times, averaging about 29.6 per punt. Normally that would be bad, but all of the punts are from inside Bye Weeks territory as we can't pick up any third and shorts.

Epic Fail is Epic

I dunno nug, the bye week has a tough defense and hasn't allowed any points since forever, but we absolutely have a chance with the bye week's failure to produce any offense.

I 'd be happy with a 0-0 outcome and no injuries.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey we cant lose this week!!

candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: