Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Deangelo Williams' td shouldn't have counted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Deangelo Williams' td shouldn't have counted Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090886/article/nfl-deangelo-williams-td-shouldnt-have-counted

Nfl screws the redskins again and apologizes a few days later for their huge blunder.

When DeAngelo Williams was running in for a 30-yard td a ref blew an inadvertent whistle. The ref anticipated Williams going out of bounds, but he didnt. The whistle was blown with Williams at the 17-yard line. We stopped pursuing him because of the whistle.

Quote:
It seemed very unusual and wrong at the time. On the other hand, Williams appeared to be on his way to scoring the touchdown anyhow, so it was hard to get upset about it. It appeared the refs got the call right in a backward way. But in a statement Monday, the NFL says the officials got it all wrong.

"In Sunday's game between the Carolina Panthers and Washington Redskins, the Panthers were incorrectly awarded a touchdown following an inadvertent whistle," an NFL spokeperson said in a statement to CBS Sports.
wonderful, just wonderful! Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what the rule says should have happened, that TD was a good TD. End of story.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
I don't care what the rule says should have happened, that TD was a good TD. End of story.
it happens on defensive turnovers all the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
It shouldn't count. The defensive players stopped once the whistle blew. Perry Riley said in the postgame that he heard the whistle and stopped. If they had hit him after the whistle they would have been flagged. He was allowed to walk into the endzone by the officials.

If they hold them to a field goal there it could have drastically changed the outcome of the game.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
It shouldn't count. The defensive players stopped once the whistle blew. Perry Riley said in the postgame that he heard the whistle and stopped. If they had hit him after the whistle they would have been flagged. He was allowed to walk into the endzone by the officials.

If they hold them to a field goal there it could have drastically changed the outcome of the game.

Do you actually think they would've been held to a field goal? Honestly?
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

It was early on before the game had gotten out of hand on defense. I think they could of held them to a field goal.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While its difficult to say what would have happened, its a little late to say that the TD should not have counted, after the fact.

But it doesnt matter. We lost, they won.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

they did several times vs the Giants. It's possible
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats was terrible. I was literally upset with that. So many things wrong with that. First official blowing the whistle on anticipation. Second the ref blowing by not saying the play was blown dead by a whistle. I have seen the refs say that so many times. I mean you cant blow a play dead and just come back and say oh my bad TD. Thats crazy. If people watch regular refs are just as bad as replacements refs, we was just watching replacement refs harder.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
If people watch regular refs are just as bad as replacements refs, we was just watching replacement refs harder.
im not sure what exactly you are saying here, but I think I agree. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: