Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Follow the Fullback
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Follow the Fullback Reply with quote

Quote:
Not since the days of Dan Kreider have the Steelers used the fullback as much as they did in Sundayís 24-20 win.

Johnson had a career-high 32 snaps, 18 of which he was the lead blocker opening up holes during Redmanís 147-yard game ó 100 of which came when Johnson was at fullback.

Haley turned to the fullback for most of the decisive second half.

Ten of Redmanís 13 second-half carries were with Johnson on the field.

Johnson had a key block on Antrel Rolle, a fourth-down play late in the second quarter that led the way for Redmanís fourth-quarter touchdown run.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2895186-85/steelers-kaboly-mark-run-fullback-johnson-game-giants-adams-ball#ixzz2BSgHxXTa
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Will Johnson brings more to table than the lumbering David Johnson did. I like when they utilize him as pass receiver. He's pretty athletic for a FB.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very athletic for a fullback, I think with development he can very much bring us another dimension.

...you have a forum resume?
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
I love it. Will Johnson brings more to table than the lumbering David Johnson did. I like when they utilize him as pass receiver. He's pretty athletic for a FB.

What a good player he is in this scheme. He is another reason for the improvement in the running game, but if d johnson wasn't hurt would we even know about this player?
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

What a good player he is in this scheme. He is another reason for the improvement in the running game, but if d johnson wasn't hurt would we even know about this player?

I was really excited to see David Johnson this year. I felt like he was primed to take a big step forward.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

save money. Sign up with Geico!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Will Johnson,,x Wvu mountaineer. Steelers can have him for a decade.

My hope is that Dave Johnsonncan make a come back and be a Blocking TE for the steelers next year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

My hope is that Dave Johnsonncan make a come back and be a Blocking TE for the steelers next year.

I hope they get rid of David Johnson personally and find a better TE in the draft.
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I hope they get rid of David Johnson personally and find a better TE in the draft.

+1

forget 85, stay with 83, 46 and 81.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather focus draft resources on an aging D than a back up TE. He's a better blocker than the current TEs. I'm not sure Pope should be back. I don't see a TE being drafted till Miller retires.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'd rather focus draft resources on an aging D than a back up TE. He's a better blocker than the current TEs. I'm not sure Pope should be back. I don't see a TE being drafted till Miller retires.

David Johnson is not that good of a blocker.

He has his moments, but is inconsistent, and offers virtually nothing in the passing game.

And while I want focus on defense too, we dont know how the draft will fall. And Im speaking more in terms of the mid rounds, especially if we lose Wallace.

If we keep David Johnson....so be it. I would prefer an upgrade, and dont think it would be extremely hard to find one.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

He has his moments, but is inconsistent, and offers virtually nothing in the passing game.

And while I want focus on defense too, we dont know how the draft will fall. And Im speaking more in terms of the mid rounds, especially if we lose Wallace.

If we keep David Johnson....so be it. I would prefer an upgrade, and dont think it would be extremely hard to find one.

What is with all this David Johnson love?? Are we talking about the same guy, the one who constantly whiffed on blocks and couldn't catch a football??
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

What is with all this David Johnson love?? Are we talking about the same guy, the one who constantly whiffed on blocks and couldn't catch a football??
i don't know. I thought he was serviceable and he's young- 25. Maybe the just keep the 3 they have but pope hasn't done much either. Johnson is also 4 years younger.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Agreed.

For me there are two sure prospects thus far in the upcoming draft, two that are capable of being elite at their position with a low floor. They are both on offense. One is OG- Floyd Warmack- Alabama and the other is TE - Tyler Eiffert - Notre Dame. If we have an opportunity to select either it should be strongly considered. While there are few guarantees other options have many more questions and not enough projection.

...you have a forum resume?
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can really down D. Johnson because he wasn't used in the same capacity that W. Johnson is at this current time. I do like W. Johnson as I believe he is a more "traditional" FB.

What sticks out to me negatively about David Johnson is the missed block in the SB resulting in R. Mendenhalls fumble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: