Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts release Mewelde Moore and Antonio Dixon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Colts release Mewelde Moore and Antonio Dixon Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/29/colts-part-ways-with-mewelde-moore/

Quote:
The team has announced that Moore has been released, along with nose tackle Antonio Dixon. Their spots were filled via the elevation of cornerback Marshay Green and fullback Robert Hughes to the active roster from the practice squad. Also, cornerback Teddy Williams has been signed to the practice squad.

Moore was supposed to be our third down back but he was a horrible blocker compared to the rest of the backs on the team. Delone Carter and Mewelde Moore were both nursing hammy injuries coming into the regular season and after each finally got over theirs Brown got injured.

Dixon was brought in because Martin Tevaseu injured his knee and he is back practicing also Josh Chapman is practicing and will likely be activated to the roster in the coming weeks which leaves Dixon expendable.

As I mentioned when Robert Hughes was signed to the practice squad, I was surprised that we even signed a FB because we had 3 on the training camp roster and released 2 and traded brother Gronk.

I have nothing on Marshay Green other then we had 2 CBs on our practice squad named Green (Isaiah is the other). I will say that with Vontae Davis going down yesterday and Darius Butler missing the game we probably needed an extra body.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew. I was never really sure what Moore did. Anything he could do, Brown, Carter, and Ballard can all do better.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised that Moore didn't do better for us than what he did. Oh well, best of luck to him in the future.
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dixon got so many chances in Philly. What was he doing on a 34 team? Playing NT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: