Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clay Matthews Out 2 Weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Clay Matthews Out 2 Weeks Reply with quote

Clay Matthews will be out two weeks with a hamstring injury.....Hope he's good to go for the Giants game....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20839548/packers-mike-mccarthy-says-clay-matthews-could-be-out-a-couple-of-weeks
justo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not that bad. That means this is good news by default, correct?
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

Me thinks you is correct.

But seriously - if it isn't as bad as what he had in the past, and he's only missed one game due to this type of injury....he should be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't miss a game.

Sig brought to you by Justo
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
justo wrote:

Me thinks you is correct.

But seriously - if it isn't as bad as what he had in the past, and he's only missed one game due to this type of injury....he should be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't miss a game.

This is what I am hoping for as well. They will not make Clay practice to play against Detroit. Just get that thing rehabbed and get ready to throttle kitties.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can beat Detroit without him, but it is going to be a close one.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Blink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like you have to rest him at least a game after the bye. We absolutely cannot afford Matthews to have a Jennings like set back.

We're already missing so many players, this is the last thing we needed. This season has just been awful as far as luck goes.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
I feel like you have to rest him at least a game after the bye. We absolutely cannot afford Matthews to have a Jennings like set back.

We're already missing so many players, this is the last thing we needed. This season has just been awful as far as luck goes.

Just like 2010. Except, the NFC wasnt stupid good in 2010 like it is now.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
I think we can beat Detroit without him, but it is going to be a close one.

No it's not.

I've been watching Detroit. One good kick and the whole thing comes down.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
subin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, no where in the article does it say that he's out for 2 weeks. A couple =/= 2 in football injury talk.

Title of thread is misleading
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as he is healthy for the NYG game...I'm going to the game in my newly purchased Randall Cobb jersey. Last year when I went to the regular season game, I was grabbing a beer when he had the pick-6... I was so mad at myself but happy at the same time.

Also, I have a serious jersey superstition. So the result of that NYG game will determine if I wear the Cobb jersey or if I frame it for my wall. I bought my dad a Rodgers jersey for Christmas last year, and every game Rodgers has started when my pops has worn the jersey since that purchase, the Packers have lost (KC, NYG playoffs, SF, Seattle - well does that count?, Indy). Needless to say, the jersey hasn't been worn since the Indy game and will not be worn again until this superstition is put to rest, if that ever happens. I'd have burned it if it wasn't a beautiful Aaron Rodgers #12 in green. I just can't bring myself to do it...it'd be sacrilegious. My CM52 jersey is good luck, as I bought it the week before the 2010-11 playoffs and they went on that amazing win streak immediately after. As soon as the forces of the A-Rod12 jersey started interfering at the end of last season, things went to hell. But fear not. The Rodgers jersey is off limits, maybe forever.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
byzr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when need everyone to get healthy and get healthy NOW. we have a monster scheduled coming up. our playoff birth is in the balance and our out of conference games aren't going to be easy. Clay is a gamer so hopefully they won't let him rush back and be dinged up the rest of the year and just not be 100% the rest of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: